Greenback at Meigs County

orngnblk

4 hours ago, ladykee said:

How big is he? In June he was reported 6’1 and 182. He’s bigger than that isn’t he? Trust me I’ve been told he plays big so really that’s all that matters. We’ve chased the older McKinney QB from Coalfield for years and the biggest he played as a Senior was 6’3 and about 210-215 (or that was what I remembered him listed at). He was fast for a bigger QB. Harig from Loudon is not big but he has wheels and can change direction fast and throw on the run. As a GB fan I can only hope we can put pressure on Swafford and limit him as much as possible. A few sacks or turnovers would be nice too. Any time you can mess that timing up is always good. We just have to be ready for the tuck and run & lay the wood to him. No arm tackling....I’m talking about playing behind the pads and popping whoever has the ball. Sometimes it takes awhile for the guys to realize this ain’t halfway tackling like practice & it sure ain’t tag your it 7 on 7. Geez!

Skillet slinger we was aw wondering if you got them personnel problems fixed and them boys in the right position? If that Ryan man makes that Carnes boy run that ball like he did last week he is going to get him hurt.  That swafford boy is more of a passer than a runner.  You think im joking but im not. 

41 minutes ago, Gbnation said:

Yep

Well nation im kinda tore on this one.Loudon looked like a top 5 team last night for the first half then looked like they got pushed around in the second!I for the first in years just dont have a feel for this team other than REALLY nervous.This will be a wait and see game for me,i just really dont have a clue what kinda a team we have right now??????

10 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Well nation im kinda tore on this one.Loudon looked like a top 5 team last night for the first half then looked like they got pushed around in the second!I for the first in years just dont have a feel for this team other than REALLY nervous.This will be a wait and see game for me,i just really dont have a clue what kinda a team we have right now??????

I agree they can be just as good as they want to be. They have to decide what they want and put the work in to get there. I have talked to Holden and Derrell and they said that they are ready and looking forward to playing tonight. I would like to see the team come out with a little more fire in them than what I seen last week and when they do something good it doesn’t hurt to get a little excited about it lol. This will be a good ball game tonight and I hope our boys comes out on top. PLAY HARD TONIGHT BOYS!!!! 

21 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Skillet slinger we was aw wondering if you got them personnel problems fixed and them boys in the right position? If that Ryan man makes that Carnes boy run that ball like he did last week he is going to get him hurt.  That swafford boy is more of a passer than a runner.  You think im joking but im not. 

From what I saw last week he’s a better runner than a passer. I’m not saying he can’t throw because he can but his running looks like a running back instead of a QB. 

As for the comment about the personnel problems, she posted what I told her and it was obvious that it needed to happen and did lol. 

31 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

I would say he is about equal at both. We just normally run the ball more so it would seem like he is better at that. Keys for Meigs tonight. Fix the O-Line blocking, dont allow big passing plays, catch the ball when its thrown to you. We need to spread it out to keep them honest. Play like your first loss of the season depends on it because it does. Make it matter.

Behind some numbers. Since 2016 Greenback 39-4 (13-2 on the road) Meigs 36-4 (21-1 at home).  GB has a title and a runner-up. Meigs has neither.  May not draw press attention (as it should) but I don’t believe you will find those kinds of records at ANY other game tonight. Hats off to both programs... records courtesy of coacht schedule. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Turu said:

Behind some numbers. Since 2016 Greenback 39-4 (13-2 on the road) Meigs 36-4 (21-1 at home).  GB has a title and a runner-up. Meigs has neither.  May not draw press attention (as it should) but I don’t believe you will find those kinds of records at ANY other game tonight. Hats off to both programs... records courtesy of coacht schedule. 

Good post Turu.

33 minutes ago, Turu said:

Im with Yeti,very good post!Every now and then someone does actual research about games kudos to you!We may get hammered tonight but in all reality should be a grear game.Thx for the post.