Greenback at Meigs County

orngnblk

Aaron Swafford was recruited by Louisville and Arkansas to play safety for them. This talk that he could stand no chance one on one with willis is crazy. Swafford is very physical on D, so I would not doubt for one second that he would just jam him at the line. If not, I would still take my chances with our Mr. Football. Willis is good, but swafford just as much of an athlete on D than he is on O. I think you will see that tonight.

24 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

Aaron Swafford was recruited by Louisville and Arkansas to play safety for them. This talk that he could stand no chance one on one with willis is crazy. Swafford is very physical on D, so I would not doubt for one second that he would just jam him at the line. If not, I would still take my chances with our Mr. Football. Willis is good, but swafford just as much of an athlete on D than he is on O. I think you will see that tonight.

Don’t think it was ever posted that he didn’t stand a chance. But if you’re in man coverage all night on him, you’ll see that it won’t work out. And Willis is getting recruited by Virginia Tech and Virginia along with others. Colleges don’t matter. They’ll learn to enjoy high school because playing college ball just isn’t the same. 

14 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Well if they are dumb enough to play man up on him, you’ll see tomorrow. I doubt anybody would do that. Loudon always had at least double coverage the entire game. On the other hand, the deciding factor in this game is once again line play. If we block and give 6 time, you might be in trouble. But if we block like we have thus far, it’s not gonna be pretty. A lot of it is just very little effort. Hopefully that has changed this week. 

I dont know if he can cover him or not but I hope you underestimate his ability at Qb like you do him at safety. Call us dumb if you want I've seen him play now this being the 4th year now and he has never even come close to being out athleted at any position he has played. 

15 hours ago, orngnblk said:

He cant cover Willis one on one.

Not sure if we will go that route or not but to say he can't makes me like how you all have scouted him honestly.

24 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

If the coaches were to put Swafford on him I wouldn't question it he is that good honestly. Not saying he would be stopped completely or make good plays randomly but thinking Swafford can't cover him period  is comical. Meigs had problems on the O-line if that's fixed tonight you will see a completely different Meigs team then what you had seen at Sweetwater. When were clicking our offense is just as good if not better than what you saw at against Loudon. Trust me on that. Not being arrogant in any shape form or fashion I've not missed a game since 2016. I just know what we field.

28 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Don’t think it was ever posted that he didn’t stand a chance. But if you’re in man coverage all night on him, you’ll see that it won’t work out. And Willis is getting recruited by Virginia Tech and Virginia along with others. Colleges don’t matter. They’ll learn to enjoy high school because playing college ball just isn’t the same. 

If we can block,i will say it again IF WE CAN BLOCK and they man cover with no help on 23 our chances go from ok to great!Plain and simple.19 is an outstanding QB but covering that kind of reciever will be hard for ANY player,of course plays will be made by great players thats expected but 23 will win more than he loses.19 does not have the speed that 23 does nor the length which is usually the deciding factor.and if ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas morn!Guess what...Its not its Meigs day and i am not confident!!!!

I’m leaning towards Meigs but should be a great game. Both teams will have to play disciplined D. They go all out after the QB and he may burn them with the run or dump a screen pass.There are great players on both sides but this game is like any other. Will be won in the trenches. Line play will be the key. Team that can stay on their blocks the most will win game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

I’m leaning towards Meigs but should be a great game. Both teams will have to play disciplined D. They go all out after the QB and he may burn them with the run or dump a screen pass.There are great players on both sides but this game is like any other. Will be won in the trenches. Line play will be the key. Team that can stay on their blocks the most will win game. 

Yes two players wont do it,it will take all of them!