Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

Union city, Dresden and Gleason are your 2-3-4 teams in the district. Gleason has been hurt and will only get better from now til tournaments. Anyone is capable of winning on a given night but I Would pick Gleason as #2 team. Atkins is back and playing which immediately makes them better. Gibson county hosts the region so they are the favorites to be #2 team in region. I got a sneaky feeling Gleason may be the sleeper for #2 spot. 

21 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Union city, Dresden and Gleason are your 2-3-4 teams in the district. Gleason has been hurt and will only get better from now til tournaments. Anyone is capable of winning on a given night but I Would pick Gleason as #2 team. Atkins is back and playing which immediately makes them better. Gibson county hosts the region so they are the favorites to be #2 team in region. I got a sneaky feeling Gleason may be the sleeper for #2 spot. 

You don’t want to be the number 3 team in that district do you? The reward would be in the bracket with Greenfield in the region. The 2,3, 4 and 5 seeds in the regular season could be interesting. Could have to use all kind of tiebreaker scenarios. Bradford has beat Gleason and Union City has beat Dresden already. This will be wars for sure. Whoever our number 1 seed will have their hands full with your number 4 in the first round for sure.

Edited by pioneer42

On 1/8/2020 at 10:33 AM, pioneer42 said:

I agree. They are fun to watch. They have had the toughest draws ever the last two years. Chloe came close to coming to GC, but she stayed home. Good for Greenfield. I will be pulling for them too. The game we played them at TCA the year they won it I still think about. We were up 14 or 15 at one point in the first half and lost the lead. They will have to stay 110% focused no matter the draw. Likely to be undefeated and will get teams best efforts. Seen lots of crazy things happen on the hardwood.

Sometimes along the way, you have to catch some breaks. We caught some last year and they caught some the year before. What I remember is the GF post player making a 3 against Gleason or Dresden. Once you get to the Boro, anything can happen. The shots that normally go in, sometimes don't...they shots that normally are missed, someone steps up and makes some unexpectedly. That's what I really love about the state tournaments. It's usually anybody's game with the top 2-3 teams. Depends on which one finishes the 4th quarter typically. 

Jesus is with us daily but he was really with us in the Region semis against Peabody last year. Had players sick and was down 10 in the middle of the 4th quarter. The longer Greenfield goes undefeated the more pressure will brew. It is just the way it is. Loretto is good and definitely matches up with them well. Teams like a North Green may be a surprise team. I noticed they have beat two usual state tournament teams in Gatlinburg Pittman and South Green and they beat them pretty handily. Will be interesting moving forward.

2 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 38

Dresden 4

Dresden is trying to stall the game but having a very hard time.  Greenfield defense is really good. 

Update Running clock Greenfield up by 42 10 new girls in late 3 quarter. 

How did the Dresden crowd act tonight? With a matchup against Greenfield plus one of their former players on the opposing team, I'd venture to guess they showed out?? They have a pretty bad reputation and seem to blame everyone else, except their players & coaches when they lose. 

37 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

How did the Dresden crowd act tonight? With a matchup against Greenfield plus one of their former players on the opposing team, I'd venture to guess they showed out?? They have a pretty bad reputation and seem to blame everyone else, except their players & coaches when they lose. 

I’m not going to respond to that but it sounds like you were at the game. Dresden can be a good team but our defensive pressure causes problems. Sometimes when you get down 38-4 it’s easy to get frustrated and over react.  These Greenfield girls are really playing well and are so unselfish. 
We only have 29 students in our senior class and playing some schools with 1300 kids. To be able to do what these girls are doing is really unbelievable. We love our girls basketball and sure are enjoying watching them play. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

39 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I’m not going to respond to that but it sounds like you were at the game. Dresden can be a good team but our defensive pressure causes problems. Sometimes when you get down 38-4 it’s easy to get frustrated and over react.  These Greenfield girls are really playing well and are so unselfish. 
We only have 29 students in our senior class and playing some schools with 1300 kids. To be able to do what these girls are doing is really unbelievable. We love our girls basketball and sure are enjoying watching them play. 

No. I was at the GC game tonight and got to watch our younger girls play a lot against our opponent. I was half way being sarcastic about that earlier question, but if something did occur....I'm not really that surprised. LOL

I was there. Didn’t see anything happen really. Greenfield is the real deal, Dresden turned it over to much. Didn’t think they tried to stall at all. They tried early to be patient but got down to much and tried to shoot their way back in it off one or no passes. Greenfield’s big three are good and the team chemistry is really good. Very unselfish bunch, the transfer was really not a factor either way. All girls played hard but Greenfield was to much tonight as they have been every night for everybody.

Edited by SnoopDogg

Just now, SnoopDogg said:

I was there. Didn’t see anything happen really. Greenfield is the real deal, Dresden turned it over to much. Didn’t think they tried to stall at all. They tried early to be patient but got down to much and tried to shoot their way back in it off one or no passes. Greenfield’s big three are good and the team chemistry is really good. Very unselfish bunch, the transfer was really not a factor either way. All girls played hard but Greenfield was to much tonight.

Kinda same story different day.Nobody can handle the ball against them. Would like to see what might happen if somebody actually handled the ball against them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Kinda same story different day.Nobody can handle the ball against them. Would like to see what might happen if somebody actually handled the ball against them.

Going to take a team with a really good point guard. Some height would help as well. Going to have to be cool under pressure and not get rattled. I believe you can get lay ups if you handle it, but you can’t shoot threes and jumpers off press or turn it over for lay ups in the backcourt. If you do shoot threees and jumpers you better shoot 80% to win, they score so frequently that you can’t go on a drought or you’ll be down double digits before you know it.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:44 PM, SnoopDogg said:

I was there. Didn’t see anything happen really. Greenfield is the real deal, Dresden turned it over to much. Didn’t think they tried to stall at all. They tried early to be patient but got down to much and tried to shoot their way back in it off one or no passes. Greenfield’s big three are good and the team chemistry is really good. Very unselfish bunch, the transfer was really not a factor either way. All girls played hard but Greenfield was to much tonight as they have been every night for everybody.

Big 3 for Greenfield showed out but I’d say that the transfer did factor she gives energy and is a spark and hustle player very tough and gritty . It’s not always about points she had some steals and makes plays and shots for other people as do Crouse and bigs. She pushed everyone to get better this year no doubt . Great team with great 6 players with even more off the bench (Just don’t know names) . Also great attitudes with handeling the situation. Great team to watch amazing chemistry and great girls