Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

14 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Here we go slow down basketball. Greenfield 15     Gleason 13  after 1 qtr

Gleason just held the ball 4 minutes uncontested dribbling. 
Greenfield 32-21 halftime

76-43 final 

Gleason is capable of being #2 team in our region. 

Teams that want to play slow and play keep away are playing scared, IMO. Basketball to me is playing fast and aggressive on both ends of the floor. Teams that stall the ball are not going to make it far.If GC starting stalling the ball like that for four minute stretches, I honestly would want to leave. Talent wise he has a lot of talent too. 

Edited by pioneer42

Gleason won a state tournament playing stall ball and everyone at The state tournament was screaming for a shot clock. If Gleason got the lead in 4 quarter it was ok Kayla Hudson handle the ball get fouled make every FT and game over.

Gleason is dangerous right now. They broke our press better than any team we have played other than Loretto. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Gleason won a state tournament playing stall ball and everyone at The state tournament was screaming for a shot clock. If Gleason got the lead in 4 quarter it was ok Kayla Hudson handle the ball get fouled make every FT and game over.

Gleason is dangerous right now. They broke our press better than any team we have played other than Loretto. 

Greenfield could do it this year with Chloe GC could have done it with Butler.Gleason don’t have Kayla Hudson any more. They have really good talent and a good coach. To me, it sends a message to your players that we are not good enough to be them straight up. I understand teams like to play a half court offense, but let’s set back and hold on to the ball for four minute stretches. Really.  

Edited by pioneer42

7 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

You have to make the most out of your talent. Randy Frazier was the best at doing that, Especially in Kaylas senior year. There were more talented teams that year but he had the best player in the state and built it around her. 

Going to be very interesting what happens in your District Tournammet consolation game. I am predicting Gleason and Dresden will be in it. The winner will get the grand prize of being in Greenfield’s bracket.

4 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Great article on Mykayla Peterson In Jackson Sun. I want to say as a Greenfield fan Mykayla hustles every minute she is on the floor, great attitude, ultimate team player.  

She has adjusted well and at first I thought it might not be enough basketballs to go around as she was a main player for Clarksburg and Dresden and was used to being the go to player. But she has definitely fit in very nice and IMO put a lot of extra icing on what was already a number 1 team in the state. I coached her in the sixth grade and knew real quick she was a worker and gave 110%.

23 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Greenfield could do it this year with Chloe GC could have done it with Butler.Gleason don’t have Kayla Hudson any more. They have really good talent and a good coach. To me, it sends a message to your players that we are not good enough to be them straight up. I understand teams like to play a half court offense, but let’s set back and hold on to the ball for four minute stretches. Really.  

We have differing opinions. As much as I don't like watching it, stalling the ball, or the four corners offense is simply a tactic. To imply that it's somehow underhanded (or the opposite of straight up) is wrong... one ball, two goals, two refs, and five players each... within the rules anything goes, and if a coach is good enough, with players disciplined enough to beat a "better" team by any means, I'll just give him/her credit for turning a loss into a "W".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

We have differing opinions. As much as I don't like watching it, stalling the ball, or the four corners offense is simply a tactic. To imply that it's somehow underhanded (or the opposite of straight up) is wrong... one ball, two goals, two refs, and five players each... within the rules anything goes, and if a coach is good enough, with players disciplined enough to beat a "better" team by any means, I'll just give him/her credit for turning a loss into a "W".

In this day and age, don’t think you are going to win a state title playing slow. GC’s goal every year is to win a state title. We can’t play fast enough, IMO and we have a post that is suited to play slow. If Gleason plays slow, it is legal. Go right ahead. I honestly think it works more against Gleason doing it, IMO. Gleason has good guards and lots of athleticism and depth. GC has a big time post that can score with the best of them. Westview played slow against us and we beat them. We play fairly well slow but just don’t think it is the answer to winning a title. I hear posts on hear about teams taking cheap shots and pinching and scratching. Don’t think your going to get any blessings for playing like that either. 

Edited by pioneer42

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

In this day and age, don’t think you are going to win a state title playing slow. GC’s goal every year is to win a state title. We can’t play fast enough, IMO and we have a post that is suited to play slow. If Gleason plays slow, it is legal. Go right ahead. I honestly think it works more against Gleason doing it, IMO. Gleason has good guards and lots of athleticism and depth. GC has a big time post that can score with the best of them. Westview played slow against us and we beat them. We play fairly well slow but just don’t think it is the answer to winning a title. I hear posts on hear about teams taking cheap shots and pinching and scratching. Don’t think your going to get any blessings for playing like that either. 

Not about winning a title, it's about winning a game, a quarter, finishing out the last couple of minutes of a game with the lead, or maybe just the last possession as time runs out. It's something that all truly good teams can do, and we've all seen games lost because teams couldn't finish in this manner. Using the tactic for an entire game is unusual, but if your outmatched physically or just feel that your best chance of winning involves surprising the other team with an unorthodox game plan... why not?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Not about winning a title, it's about winning a game, a quarter, finishing out the last couple of minutes of a game with the lead, or maybe just the last possession as time runs out. It's something that all truly good teams can do, and we've all seen games lost because teams couldn't finish in this manner. Using the tactic for an entire game is unusual, but if your outmatched physically or just feel that your best chance of winning involves surprising the other team with an unorthodox game plan... why not?

In that manner yes to finish games or to hold for a last shot I agree. GC’s style has always been to attack and be aggressive defensively and offensively. Playing a slow half court game is a recipe for TO’s for us. The longer we hold the ball the better chance it is to be turned over. Post I was commenting on said Gleason was holding the ball for four minutes and Greenfield just stood there. It is what it is. Gleason is a good team though. I have seen them this year. They have a lot of talent. Just been plagued by injuries. 

On 2/1/2020 at 8:49 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Great article on Mykayla Peterson In Jackson Sun. I want to say as a Greenfield fan Mykayla hustles every minute she is on the floor, great attitude, ultimate team player.  

i am ready for the game tonight will be very physical vs dresden tess chloe and edy will do what they want but they will be after mykayla like last time.. mykayla is very tough and scrappy but can’t lose composure we need everyone. she will have to work on not talking smack to people LOL.    sorry I just love watcher her play you don’t see her kind of toughness anymore!!