Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

On another note and to the delight of GFFan I'm sure, I heard Westview got beat by Union City tonight in overtime in UC. 

You have got to be kidding me. Union City beat Westview. Oh my! I will say it again I sure wish we could play Westview!

#3 AA Westview Loses to Union City who is #4 in our class A district.   oh my!

Edited by Greenfieldfan

3 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

You have got to be kidding me. Union City beat Westview. Oh my! I will say it again I sure wish we could play Westview!

#3 AA Westview Loses to Union City  oh my!

Westview would beat Greenfield by 15 points. That is my early April Fools joke. Westview would play you maybe like Dyersburg did on a good night. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Westview would beat Greenfield by 15 points. That is my early April Fools joke. Westview would play you maybe like Dyersburg did on a good night. 

I heard it was a good game and that Callins is still out and another player didn't play. If any team around here loses 2 of their better players, they'd have trouble with most average teams in our area of good basketball. Definitely a good win for Union City. We caught WV on the 3rd game without Callins eariler this season and it was obvious with the ball handling/scoring issues they had against us that night, they were trying to adjust their game offensively & defensively. They're missing Callins and hopefully she'll get back for them, sooner instead of later. WV with their current lineup gets beat everytime with GF. WV with a full lineup is a toss-up. That's the reality of it to unbiased eyes.

Yal are absolutely crazy to say Westview would beat Greenfield this year, I hope you both are kidding. Greenfield beat Union City by 40 at Union City. Greenfield had Gibson County 40-15 at Gibson County at half. Both UC & GC beat Westview. It wouldn’t be close. The Greenfield defense is much better than GC or UC defense and would smother Westview. Please give our Greenfield girls the credit they deserve.  This team is really fun to watch, so unselfish and it’s all about the team. 

7 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Yal are absolutely crazy to say Westview would beat Greenfield this year, I hope you both are kidding. Greenfield beat Union City by 40 at Union City. Greenfield had Gibson County 40-15 at Gibson County at half. Both UC & GC beat Westview. It wouldn’t be close. The Greenfield defense is much better than GC or UC defense and would smother Westview. Please give our Greenfield girls the credit they deserve.  This team is really fun to watch, so unselfish and it’s all about the team. 

You didn’t read my post. I said it was my early April Fools joke. I don’t know If the Lady Vols can beat Greenfield and I am not laughing.

Edited by pioneer42

24 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I heard it was a good game and that Callins is still out and another player didn't play. If any team around here loses 2 of their better players, they'd have trouble with most average teams in our area of good basketball. Definitely a good win for Union City. We caught WV on the 3rd game without Callins eariler this season and it was obvious with the ball handling/scoring issues they had against us that night, they were trying to adjust their game offensively & defensively. They're missing Callins and hopefully she'll get back for them, sooner instead of later. WV with their current lineup gets beat everytime with GF. WV with a full lineup is a toss-up. That's the reality of it to unbiased eyes.

Westview with a healthy Collins and healthy every one may keep it close. Greenfield is on a mission this year. They just play mad. I just am hoping and praying we figure it out and get to the Glass House and pull the names out of the hat and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thank you 42. Now thats funny. I knew you were kidding me but Superfan called it a tossup. I’m kinda sensitive on the Westview will beat Greenfield. 

Don't be sensitive, I knew you'd respond. That's why I posted that. But last year, I did witness a SS team put it on y'all pretty good and that same team was blown out of the gym by Westview by 30 plus. Oranges & Apples don't always equal out.

This year, I'd say Greenfield gets them. You have the best player around in Chloe Moore and a great cast to go around her. I don't see you guys getting tested until the Boro and probably a round 2 matchup against Loretto. The only weakness i see in Greenfield is that when they play a long, lanky team who can beat them on the boards..they may have some problems.

No one around here, but Loretto is probably hoping for the re-match. I'll be pulling for Greenfield in the matchup of course, but it won't be as easy as it was when you played them at Westview. 

12 hours ago, Greenfieldfan said:

#3 AA Westview Loses to Union City who is #4 in our class A district.   oh my!

The last part of your statement I wouldn’t bet on. Union City very possibly could be 2 or 3. Good team.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

The last part of your statement I wouldn’t bet on. Union City very possibly could be 2 or 3. Good team.

UC seem to start climbing back up the ladder last year. They got some good pieces over there to give a team trouble on any given night. Greenfield is definitely head and shoulders above everyone else in our area. Even though I'll be glad for Chloe Moore & Tess Darby to graduate and continue their b-ball careers at the next level, it's been fun watching them the last 4-5 years in high school. They're both tremendous basketball players. At one point several years ago, several of us at GC thought Chloe was going to transfer and end up in Gibson County and I told some of the Coaches back then..that if Chloe transfers to Gibson County we'd win 2 or 3 Gold Balls during her time. No matter how this season ends up or where we end up finishing, I'll be pulling for our North-West neighbors at the Boro, if we're not there playing against them....always have. 

5 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

UC seem to start climbing back up the ladder last year. They got some good pieces over there to give a team trouble on any given night. Greenfield is definitely head and shoulders above everyone else in our area. Even though I'll be glad for Chloe Moore & Tess Darby to graduate and continue their b-ball careers at the next level, it's been fun watching them the last 4-5 years in high school. They're both tremendous basketball players. At one point several years ago, several of us at GC thought Chloe was going to transfer and end up in Gibson County and I told some of the Coaches back then..that if Chloe transfers to Gibson County we'd win 2 or 3 Gold Balls during her time. No matter how this season ends up or where we end up finishing, I'll be pulling for our North-West neighbors at the Boro, if we're not there playing against them....always have. 

I agree. They are fun to watch. They have had the toughest draws ever the last two years. Chloe came close to coming to GC, but she stayed home. Good for Greenfield. I will be pulling for them too. The game we played them at TCA the year they won it I still think about. We were up 14 or 15 at one point in the first half and lost the lead. They will have to stay 110% focused no matter the draw. Likely to be undefeated and will get teams best efforts. Seen lots of crazy things happen on the hardwood.