Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Your apology is accepted. I have said some things I shouldn't have said as well. Bottom line is we are all very passionate for our teams. Greenfield and Westview are both two of the best teams in the state in all classes. Good luck to both going forward!!

I've been around a lot of Coaches and AAU programs over the years and I can honestly say that I've never heard any Westview player, parent or fan say a negative word about our program or Greenfield's. After our games, the parents & players are always respectful and humble (in victory or defeat). I just don't understand overzealous fans who fan the flames of hostility in players/future players, especially when they're fairly close to each other off the court, friends, and live in the same communities. 

There are no hard feelings toward anyone at Westview from Greenfield fans. I pull for them at the state tournament but I’m just tired of hearing how Westview would beat Greenfield 9 times out of 10 times. It’s rare we can compete with Westview but this year we would beat them. Westview always has a good team. Greenfield has a good team for the last few years. We should have been playing each other. How many Class A girls teams have 4 girls going to play college ball & 3 D1 players. I’m just proud of our girls basketball and this don’t happen often for a small school enrollment of 200. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

2 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I've been around a lot of Coaches and AAU programs over the years and I can honestly say that I've never heard any Westview player, parent or fan say a negative word about our program or Greenfield's. After our games, the parents & players are always respectful and humble (in victory or defeat). I just don't understand overzealous fans who fan the flames of hostility in players/future players, especially when they're fairly close to each other off the court, friends, and live in the same communities. 

Greenfield is a great guy and very passionate about Greenfield basketball as I am about GC. He is just disgruntled obviously because they don't play. I wished they would play. I have no idea why the two don't play.

12 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Greenfield is a great guy and very passionate about Greenfield basketball as I am about GC. He is just disgruntled obviously because they don't play. I wished they would play. I have no idea why the two don't play.

I think he is bipolar. One minute he is calling a team out and the next minute he is apologizing. I can’t figure him out.

18 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

There are no hard feelings toward anyone at Westview from Greenfield fans. I pull for them at the state tournament but I’m just tired of hearing how Westview would beat Greenfield 9 times out of 10 times. It’s rare we can compete with Westview but this year we would beat them. Westview always has a good team. Greenfield has a good team for the last few years. We should have been playing each other. How many Class A girls teams have 4 girls going to play college ball & 3 D1 players. I’m just proud of our girls basketball and this don’t happen often for a small school enrollment of 200. 

Be honest with you.... I talk to several people in the Westview group, and I've never had them once mention anything about beating Greenfield 9 out of 10 times or whatever you claim. Haskins actually gave your team/players a ton of credit following the scrimmage.

45 minutes ago, lionsupport said:

I think he is bipolar. One minute he is calling a team out and the next minute he is apologizing. I can’t figure him out.

I have been pretty hard on Greenfield myself. I realized a long time ago not to brag to much on my team because when I did they wouldn't play good. He has admitted this week that Dresden and GC are better than he thought. Gleason is a team that will be a tough out too before it is over. Heard today they are getting all their players back after Christmas.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I have been pretty hard on Greenfield myself. I realized a long time ago not to brag to much on my team because when I did they wouldn't play good. He has admitted this week that Dresden and GC are better than he thought. Gleason is a team that will be a tough out too before it is over. Heard today they are getting all their players back after Christmas.

Gleason is scrappy and they've always been scrappy. I think they're well coached and those young Gleason ladies are just "tough". I didn't get to see the St Agnes game at Westview, but someone said Gleason was down 13-14 in the 3rd quarter and came all the way back. They have had a lot of injuries this year early and will be a lot better when they get a couple of their players back. I, like you, try not to elevate us too much...because when you lose someone at an inopportune time your whole season can change in a blink of an eye. We have a brutal 8 game stretch coming up, but I think last night, we proved what GC can do. Hopefully, the Westview Classic will become an annual event. The gate had to be good, concession prices were very reasonable, and it's convenient (4 laned) to get to from any direction. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I'm sure he is and we're all proud of our own girls & teams and are passionate. I wished they would play as well, but they've only played each other 4 times in the last 19 years (at least 2 coaches at WV) according to CoachT. I know we're former District foes and have played WV approximately 34-35 times in the same time span.  So the argument I would venture goes to what I've heard other coaches say on why they don't play each other.....either both of WV's coaches didn't want to play Greenfield for some reason (when they'll play anyone else in the area & even out of State) or Greenfield doesn't really want to get in to scheduling Westview year in and year out (girls & boys). This year, I believe Greenfield would own those 2 contests but on a year-to-year basis...WV just has too much talent, size & depth. That's not a slight against Greenfield....just a fact. 

This is a Jacket thread, so I'll end it on this...good luck the rest of the year and hopefully we'll have a chance to catch you on an off night in a game that matters. Hope everyone stays healthy and at the end of it, I hope someone from our area wins it all.....again. 

32 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I'm sure he is and we're all proud of our own girls & teams and are passionate. I wished they would play as well, but they've only played each other 4 times in the last 19 years (at least 2 coaches at WV) according to CoachT. I know we're former District foes and have played WV approximately 34-35 times in the same time span.  So the argument I would venture goes to what I've heard other coaches say on why they don't play each other.....either both of WV's coaches didn't want to play Greenfield for some reason (when they'll play anyone else in the area & even out of State) or Greenfield doesn't really want to get in to scheduling Westview year in and year out (girls & boys). This year, I believe Greenfield would own those 2 contests but on a year-to-year basis...WV just has too much talent, size & depth. That's not a slight against Greenfield....just a fact. 

This is a Jacket thread, so I'll end it on this...good luck the rest of the year and hopefully we'll have a chance to catch you on an off night in a game that matters. Hope everyone stays healthy and at the end of it, I hope someone from our area wins it all.....again. 

I hope every one stays healthy too. Every team. Hate the girls from South Side, Crockett and Westview got hurt. Yeah it really is a mystery why they don't play because they play every body else and like you said go out of state. I do know there is a ton of passion for their team whether it is Greenfield or GC or Westview or ???? I do know it is a whole lot better when you win. I get nervous before every big game even before I had family playing. Come by and holler at me at games. I hope somebody brings home the Gold from here. Hopefully GC, but if not Greenfield or ???. 

WV is a very good program. However, their girls program would gain nothing by beating any of the other county schools. It’s a lose/lose situation. If they beat Greenfield, Gleason, or Dresden they will be told they should that they are bigger school. If they lose that really don’t look good either getting beat by a single A school. I honestly don’t know if Westview would get out of Region in Single A around here. Greenfield, Gibson Co., Dresden, and Gleason would give them fits. However I’d pay too see each team play them. The gate would be great for everyone. Now the boys games would be bad for those same schools, probably another reason they don’t play.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SnoopDogg said:

WV is a very good program. However, their girls program would gain nothing by beating any of the other county schools. It’s a lose/lose situation. If they beat Greenfield, Gleason, or Dresden they will be told they should that they are bigger school. If they lose that really don’t look good either getting beat by a single A school. I honestly don’t know if Westview would get out of Region in Single A around here. Greenfield, Gibson Co., Dresden, and Gleason would give them fits. However I’d pay too see each team play them. The gate would be great for everyone. Now the boys games would be bad for those same schools, probably another reason they don’t play.

I think you nailed it.