Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

The Lady Jackets have a lot of talent this year barring any major injuries this should be a fun year. 

Chloe Moore (2018 Miss Basketball and 2 time All State, 2018 State Tournament MVP) returns with several D1 college offers.

Tess Darby (2018 Miss Basketball nominee, 3 time All State and closing in on 3000 career pts) has offers from Texas Tech, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Belmont, MTSU and several other D1 schools.

Kayla Peterson has committed to Union University to play for Mark Campbell, the best coach and mentor in the state.

Sophomore Edie Darby (sparkplug of the 2018 State Championship Team) as an 8th grader has several colleges already contacting her.

Reese Biggs a junior made All District/All Region last year, gives you 110% every time down the court can play college ball if she chooses.

This year we have some depth with game experience: Crouse, Hazelwood, Brown, Mitchell, Wiley and some others (something we didn't have last year). 

Also having the 2018 Tennessee coach of the year, Willie Trevathan  also will help our girls reach their full potential, good luck girls.

Edited by Greenfieldfan
  • Like 1

Going to be an interesting year. Greenfield is my top pick followed by Loretto and Clarkrange. GC can compete at a high level but we have to stay healthy. We have had three starters that have had broke bones since March 7th. We have quality depth but has little experience. Reason I think GC will be dangerous by end of year "if" healthy. Greenfield' s District has 5 teams that will be tough. Summertown and Huntingdon will be tough. Peabody is super quick and we know when they are clicking they can beat any one.

Edited by pioneer42

Loretto is my favorite, then Greenfield. The Lady Jackets are gonna be VERY good (undefeated is a strong possibility) but I think again not challenging yourself during the season (what is 5-6 losses to better teams gonna hurt) may bite them. Also, 4 great players and only one basketball........we preach ball movement and sacrificing roles, who among those 4 is gonna stepback and play a smaller role. I don't know. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Going to be an interesting year. Greenfield is my top pick followed by Loretto and Clarkrange. GC can compete at a high level but we have to stay healthy. We have had three starters that have had broke bones since March 7th. We have quality depth but has little experience. Reason I think GC will be dangerous by end of year "if" healthy. Greenfield' s District has 5 teams that will be tough. Summertown and Huntingdon will be tough. Peabody is super quick and we know when they are clicking they can beat any one.

Gibson County and Peabody I think at season's end are gonna be right there. I agree both are young and inexperienced, but with two of the better coaches in the area, I expect them to figure things out.

On 8/26/2019 at 7:20 PM, GCPioneer said:

Greenfield has the best team in Single A, but you still have to beat Karley Weathers and Loretto...

Exactly. Greenfield has the best team, BUT Loretto has the best player in single A, and one of the top 5-10 players statewide.

1 hour ago, dmm88 said:

Gibson County and Peabody I think at season's end are gonna be right there. I agree both are young and inexperienced, but with two of the better coaches in the area, I expect them to figure things out.

GC's first five is real strong "if" they are healthy. 6,7 and 8 is where you run into having to get more experience. Good backups, backups that beat Riverdale this summer. Just got to jump in the pond. I agree totally with the 1 basketball for Greenfield. I still like Greenfield over Loretto though. Clarkrange could be in that mix too.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, dmm88 said:

Exactly. Greenfield has the best team, BUT Loretto has the best player in single A, and one of the top 5-10 players statewide.

I'll take Chloe Moore against anyone else's best player. Absolutely love the way she runs the floor and controls the game. Throw in a couple of Darbys, and they are going be tough to beat. I think best in State at that level.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, dmm88 said:

Weathers is a top 20 but the best in single A????  That is stretching it a little. Maybe in AA since that is where Loretto should be classified with over 530 kids lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmm88 said:

I think anybody that evaluates basketball in this state would take Karley over Chloe. And any college coach is taking Karley over Chloe. High school and also projecting to the college level.

I don’t know about that....most of those evaluators involve $$ and politicking. On a equal field Chloe would be hard to beat....ie she did get Miss Basketball over Karly. Both are totally in different situations as Loretto designs everything around Karly with her mom coaching and her teammates depend on her heavily. That was obvious in last years championship game. They contribute where they can with putbacks and defense. Greenfield is loaded with enough talent that any of them girls could have a 30 point night. Chloe runs the set and contributes where she can. If Chloe was going to all the camps and exposure events be assured she would be getting extended the same quality of offers.

First of all Karly's mom is one of the assistant coaches.  The head coach is Ashley Rutledge and she understands that the ball needs to go through Karly.  It does not take a guru to figure that one out, but to discount the other kids on this team is just plain dumb.  There are kids playing for Loretto that will be playing college ball other than Karly.  You point to the championship game as your example,  what about the first 2 games of the tournament.  Without the other starters, Loretto does not beat Greenfield.   Loretto shot the ball poorly against Gibson County, but they were good shots that fell the 2 games before.  Chloe is a great player and the Darby's are too.   These 2 teams will have something to say on who wins the state, but it will take all of the players on each team to get the big win.  The thing is Chloe and Karly are both great kids off the court.  Why can't we agree these are 2 of the best in the state and leave it at that ?

• Like 1