Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

4 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah it could backfire on Greenfield. May not have enough basketballs to go round. Yeah 3 schools in four years means 3 houses, house C. If I am Greenfield I would make sure all the I's are dotted and the T's crossed. And I bet they have. But we seen what happend in Fayetteville last week. 

I don't know why they moved and in no way would I assume there was any issues cause they didnt follow her here if there was. I hear she is an exceptional student and athlete. People move for all kinds of reasons these days. It could have been a parents job, the fact that the assistant coach moved who is like family to them, maybe the head coach might have been a jerk, or maybe she just wasnt happy at Dresden. We don’t know but I am sure Coach Trevathan has verified everything and it was a bonafide move or she wouldn't be out there. They live in the town so I don't think they have an issue like Fayetteville did with the kid living in county and going to the city school instead of the county school. As far as basketballs there are lots of teams with deeper benches than Greenfield so I don’t think they will have a problem.

3 hours ago, AllVolHere said:

I don't know why they moved and in no way would I assume there was any issues cause they didnt follow her here if there was. I hear she is an exceptional student and athlete. People move for all kinds of reasons these days. It could have been a parents job, the fact that the assistant coach moved who is like family to them, maybe the head coach might have been a jerk, or maybe she just wasnt happy at Dresden. We don’t know but I am sure Coach Trevathan has verified everything and it was a bonafide move or she wouldn't be out there. They live in the town so I don't think they have an issue like Fayetteville did with the kid living in county and going to the city school instead of the county school. As far as basketballs there are lots of teams with deeper benches than Greenfield so I don’t think they will have a problem.

I heard from a viable source that they are "ring chasing", but the move was a bonafide change of address. So, we will soon see or hear. They have a solid team and can very well be the front runner for the good ball, but I think Loretto takes care of business this year barring any injuries

Edited by RealisticFan45

1 hour ago, AllVolHere said:

Just saying TSSAA is strict. They will check houses and make sure move happend and no furniture or items are left in other house or houses. Know this from a parent that transferred her girl 5 years ago. And Greenfield  did I would bet. Just saying I know Fayetteville situation is different but never know. Greenfield has a championship team without her possibly. And this transfer has generated some press. 

34 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I heard from a viable source that they are "ring chasing", it the move was a bonafide change of address. So, we will soon see or hear. They have a solid team and can very well be the front runner for the good ball, but I think Loretto takes care of business this year barring any injuries

I can assure you we was not chasing a ring. 

So you are telling me that if Greenfield was terrible and never got out of the District tournament that she still would have went there ? Sell that koolaid to someone else, I’m not drinking. But I’m pulling for Greenfield non the less, I love to see the small schools and towns succeed. West Tennessee has been home to some great programs over the years and has lots of state titles. Let’s get this season going!

Edited by hoopfever

7 hours ago, hoopfever said:

So you are telling me that if Greenfield was terrible and never got out of the District tournament that she still would have went there ? Sell that koolaid to someone else, I’m not drinking. But I’m pulling for Greenfield non the less, I love to see the small schools and towns succeed. West Tennessee has been home to some great programs over the years and has lots of state titles. Let’s get this season going!

Come on this is HS girls basketball. There aren't any guarantees at anytime. If you really want to know feel free to come up and ask me anytime you see me. I am very civil and I’m not on here hiding behind some screen name dogging out a young lady that you obviously don't have a clue about.

The way I see it if a kid transfers and is in compliance with the TSSAA more power to them. And I will say this. If I had a kid transfer and go through the trouble the TSSAA puts you through I would most definitely go to a championship program. No way would I sell a house and move to a school that wasn't an upgrade from where I was.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

The way I see it if a kid transfers and is in compliance with the TSSAA more power to them. And I will say this. If I had a kid transfer and go through the trouble the TSSAA puts you through I would most definitely go to a championship program. No way would I sell a house and move to a school that wasn't an upgrade from where I was.

Exactly Pioneer42 but if we were ring chasing I would have sent her to TCA or USJ. I mean the odds of getting to the championship game is a lot greater for them with the limited amount of teams in the DII division. She wants to play at the next level and it wasnt going to happen where she was at. Instead we transfer but stayed in this region as it is the highest level of talent and competition in TN IMO. If you got the means and abilities would you not try to set your child up for success in meeting her goals??? Our family has invested a lot into this and luckily making the move paid off.

6 hours ago, MPeterson1974 said:

Exactly Pioneer42 but if we were ring chasing I would have sent her to TCA or USJ. I mean the odds of getting to the championship game is a lot greater for them with the limited amount of teams in the DII division. She wants to play at the next level and it wasnt going to happen where she was at. Instead we transfer but stayed in this region as it is the highest level of talent and competition in TN IMO. If you got the means and abilities would you not try to set your child up for success in meeting her goals??? Our family has invested a lot into this and luckily making the move paid off.

I agree. You only have one go around at it. She will do well. She works hard and is a good player. GC has a mentality we don't care who we play when or where. We may not beat you but we aren't scared of you. We respect any team  but are not scared of them. Good luck to Mikayla. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MPeterson1974 said:

Guess we will see you on the 30th!   Don’t overlook us!