Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

7 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

The Jackets looked in mid-season form. Shot the ball well, played great defense. Gonna be tough for anybody to hang with them. USJ played well. The Jones girls are players, they made a couple runs but Greenfield just to strong. How's the Biggs girl? Didn't look good!

Greenfield plays fast and are really good no doubt. Biggs looked good in the state tournament last year. I hadn't seen Loretto yet but these two are on a collision course in 2-3 weeks. Greenfield does look really good. GC plays them as well next Tues. in what will be a packed house at GC. We had a great crowd for South Fulton last night.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Greenfield plays fast and are really good no doubt. Biggs looked good in the state tournament last year. I hadn't seen Loretto yet but these two are on a collision course in 2-3 weeks. Greenfield does look really good. GC plays them as well next Tues. in what will be a packed house at GC. We had a great crowd for South Fulton last night.

This may be Greenfield's best team ever based upon what I've observed during the off-season, camps, and from some of my Greenfield friends. I think we (GC) will be better by the end of the season, but I look forward to our games. Those games will be a good measuring stick and will help our girls grow basketball wise. For the Westview showcase tourney, I have to give credit as well for putting that weekend slate together in a couple of weeks. This will be likely be a prelude to several tournament contending teams come end of season. I wonder if Loretto will play Westview while they're over here. While talking to a couple of the Greenfield parents the other day, I heard that Greenfield and Westview had a scrimmage in the past week and that Westview is loaded again as well. It's good for Greenfield & Gibson County to play teams like Westview & SouthSide. I wish they were scheduled every year. I believe we get caught up in being dominant in our own class and it allows us to see what good programs in larger classifcations are really like. The speed and size difference when we play up can only help down the road, win or lose. Those bigger schools also keep us in check, when we start reading those headlines and listening to our own hype some times. See y'all on Tuesday and hope everyone has safe travels. Go Pioneers!!

Edited by SuperFan14A
spelling

28 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

This may be Greenfield's best team ever based upon what I've observed during the off-season, camps, and from some of my Greenfield friends. I think we (GC) will be better by the end of the season, but I look forward to our games. Those games will be a good measuring stick and will help our girls grow basketball wise. For the Westview showcase tourney, I have to give credit as well for putting that weekend slate together in a couple of weeks. This will be likely be a prelude to several tournament contending teams come end of season. I wonder if Loretto will play Westview while they're over here. While talking to a couple of the Greenfield parents the other day, I heard that Greenfield and Westview had a scrimmage in the past week and that Westview is loaded again as well. It's good for Greenfield & Gibson County to play teams like Westview & SouthSide. I wish they were scheduled every year. I believe we get caught up in being dominant in our own class and it allows us to see what good programs in larger classifcations are really like. The speed and size difference when we play up can only help down the road, win or lose. Those bigger schools also keep us in check, when we start reading those headlines and listening to our own hype some times. See y'all on Tuesday and hope everyone has safe travels. Go Pioneers!!

I have said this all along. We have a group of really good players just need more experience and more chemistry together. We will be really good by the end of the year I believe as well. Kinda like Greenfield last year. Going to be some really good basketball coming up. 

3 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Westview Showcase Girls Games

Friday Dec. 6th

4:00 Greenfield vs St. Agnes (G)

7:00 Gleason vs Covington (G)

8:30 South Fulton vs Westview (G)

Saturday Dec. 7th

2:30 St. Agnes vs Gleason (G)

4:00 Loretto vs Greenfield (G)

5:30 Gibson County vs Westview (G)

19 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Greenfield looked good Saturday too. Peterson was a great addition. 

Mckayla Peterson is a player. Having Mckayla this year will also allow Edie Darby to be even more aggressive defensively and create more turnovers. Last night was a good example in the 4th quarter when USJ cut it to a 3 pt game. Edie created 3 turnovers and hit a big 3 pt shot to gain the momentum back.

11 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Westview Showcase Girls Games

Friday Dec. 6th

4:00 Greenfield vs St. Agnes (G)

7:00 Gleason vs Covington (G)

8:30 South Fulton vs Westview (G)

Saturday Dec. 7th

2:30 St. Agnes vs Gleason (G)

4:00 Loretto vs Greenfield (G)

5:30 Gibson County vs Westview (G)

Thanks NWHoop. I guess we'll get our shot on Staurday. lol. It'd been nice if Greenfield and Westview played on Friday. I don't know about St. Agnes, but a Greenfield v. Westview matchup would bring a good crowd and would bring fans from Gibson & Weakley County for both days. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

Thanks NWHoop. I guess we'll get our shot on Staurday. lol. It'd been nice if Greenfield and Westview played on Friday. I don't know about St. Agnes, but a Greenfield v. Westview matchup would bring a good crowd and would bring fans from Gibson & Weakley County for both days. 

Amazing that game hasn't been played the last few years. Lots of gate dollars lost there. That is a headscratcher.

Edited by pioneer42

On 11/20/2019 at 10:02 PM, SuperFan14A said:

Why doesnt Westview ever schedule to play Greenfield? Regular season or Hall of Fame or Classics. I am sure they'll destroy South Fulton. Maybe GC gives them a run for their money!?

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Why doesnt Westview ever schedule to play Greenfield? Regular season or Hall of Fame or Classics. I am sure they'll destroy South Fulton. Maybe GC gives them a run for their money!?

Tournaments they invite people and some times the host team has to play teams or may not get to play two premier games to get other teams their. I could understand it a little more in tournaments but regular season I couldn't tell you why they don't play.

22 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I'm not really sure about that one. I know a couple of parents from Greenfield (who are currently not blinded by their current roster & talent), said that year-in and year-out that they probably would be a 15-20 point underdog in those matchups due to the depth of their rosters. I know that when Greenfield fielded the court in the state tourney the last couple of years a large portion of the Westview student section was supporting Greenfield and I saw several Greenfield players/fans in the Westview section. I don't know all of their connections, but I believe those schools actually like and pull for each other since they're in different classifications in their county.  Our rivalry with Westview goes back past the Butler days in Gibson County, so we're natural opponents. I think Westview has problems scheduling people in the vicinity as well and they throw in an extra tournament somewhere before Christmas. I was hoping Jackson South Side and Westview would start playing in regular season. Based upon the last 3 or 4 times I watched Westview and South Side, it doesn't appear they like each other very much and it's usually an entertaining game. I like watching SS play that up-tempo game and they have talent and are well coached. 

Edited by SuperFan14A
double word
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I'm not really sure about that one. I know a couple of parents from Greenfield (who are currently not blinded by their current roster & talent), said that year-in and year-out that they probably would be a 15-20 point underdog in those matchups due to the depth of their rosters. I know that when Greenfield fielded the court in the state tourney the last couple of years a large portion of the Westview student section was supporting Greenfield and I saw several Greenfield players/fans in the Westview section. I don't know all of their connections, but I believe those schools actually like and pull for each other since they're in different classifications in their county.  Our rivalry with Westview goes back past the Butler days in Gibson County, so we're natural opponents. I think Westview has problems scheduling people in the vicinity as well and they throw in an extra tournament somewhere before Christmas. I was hoping Jackson South Side and Westview would start playing in regular season. Based upon the last 3 or 4 times I watched Westview and South Side, it doesn't appear they like each other very much and it's usually an entertaining game. I like watching SS play that up-tempo game and they have talent and are well coached. 

Good post. I agree with you. A lot of teams around the area may not want to play Westview fearing they will get blown out. Also, yes a SS vs WV regular season series would be nice. Those matchups the last few years have been worth the price of admission for sure. Its funny you say that they are well coached because I have read numerous post on different threads since I have been on coach t and it seems like nobody likes their coach or the way they play. I, myself, love their style of play because they are physical and dont mind being aggressive. Seems like he gets it all out of his girls

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Good post. I agree with you. A lot of teams around the area may not want to play Westview fearing they will get blown out. Also, yes a SS vs WV regular season series would be nice. Those matchups the last few years have been worth the price of admission for sure. Its funny you say that they are well coached because I have read numerous post on different threads since I have been on coach t and it seems like nobody likes their coach or the way they play. I, myself, love their style of play because they are physical and dont mind being aggressive. Seems like he gets it all out of his girls

South Side is as close to a boys game you will play. We got them twice this year and usually play them a couple of times in the off season. We don't have scheduling problems obviously. We got Greenfield, TCA, South Side and Dyersburg twice each, Westview, Covington. Chester County, Arlington, Dresden and I probably left a couple out. Hopefully we will be ready by tourney time. We had a tough schedule last year as well. That is the way I like it. Probably will lose some but won't  get bored!!

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1