Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

Union City played very well tonight. I was really impressed. Game was poorly officiated, as was the first game. Greenfield gets away with a lot of smacking, hacking and hand checking but they’ve earned everything. I am taking nothing from them. You get the breaks when you’re as good as they are. Girl from Union City, Williams I think, needs to be getting some looks from colleges. congrats to Union City and Greenfield on their continued run.

As good as the 2nd game was, the 1st game was really a let down. I expected it to be a nail biter. Dresden came out a sloppy and Gleason looked like a jr. high team. Dresden got it together while Gleason never did. Talked to a few parents and they were ok with the loss, said they didn’t want Greenfield. It’s sad to see if this is true. A program that was once the pinnacle of women’s basketball reduced to letting kids think losing a game is ok. Fans, nor team was ever in the game. Sad 

congrats and good luck to everyone moving forward. Can’t wait to see Gibson and Humboldt on Monday night. Madison will be 4th and take on Greenfield. Trenton will be 3rd and play Union City. Humboldt will finish 2nd and take on Dresden. Gibson County will win against and play Gleason.  

12 minutes ago, SnoopDogg said:

Union City played very well tonight. I was really impressed. Game was poorly officiated, as was the first game. Greenfield gets away with a lot of smacking, hacking and hand checking but they’ve earned everything. I am taking nothing from them. You get the breaks when you’re as good as they are. Girl from Union City, Williams I think, needs to be getting some looks from colleges. congrats to Union City and Greenfield on their continued run.

As good as the 2nd game was, the 1st game was really a let down. I expected it to be a nail biter. Dresden came out a sloppy and Gleason looked like a jr. high team. Dresden got it together while Gleason never did. Talked to a few parents and they were ok with the loss, said they didn’t want Greenfield. It’s sad to see if this is true. A program that was once the pinnacle of women’s basketball reduced to letting kids think losing a game is ok. Fans, nor team was ever in the game. Sad 

congrats and good luck to everyone moving forward. Can’t wait to see Gibson and Humboldt on Monday night. Madison will be 4th and take on Greenfield. Trenton will be 3rd and play Union City. Humboldt will finish 2nd and take on Dresden. Gibson County will win against and play Gleason.  

Greenfield was cold in the first half and Union City shot lights out and Greenfield still won by 15 Chloe Moore took the game over in the paint and taking it to the rim. Kudos to Willie for getting Chloe in the paint. As for Gleason, they won’t make it as Hollywood actors. Very obvious what was going on. Whole crowd seen it and knew it. Very sad. GC has never and I mean never been scared of anyone no matter how good they are. 

54 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield 69

Union City  53  -   Final 

29-0 District Champs - Great job girls

Tough game!  But we needed that. Listened on radio and they thought the game got really physical.  Sounded like the UC fans got crazy again. Union City needs to get their students under control but that’s hard when your boys coach acts like he does. 

Very close game, much closer than the final score would indicate. A very physical game., but Greenfield finally had some of their obvious hand checking called on them. They looked a bit tired throughout the game. Had a hard time running with my UC girls. Very proud of my girls. They took the fight to them and proved they can play with and if a few more calls go their way can beat Greenfield. Great Championship game, the toughest single-A district in the state. 

7 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Greenfield was cold in the first half and Union City shot lights out and Greenfield still won by 15 Chloe Moore took the game over in the paint and taking it to the rim. Kudos to Willie for getting Chloe in the paint. As for Gleason, they won’t make it as Hollywood actors. Very obvious what was going on. Whole crowd seen it and knew it. Very sad. GC has never and I mean never been scared of anyone no matter how good they are. 

Wow, so you are just going to look past how well UC played tonight. A lot of the missed shots were because of solid defensive play. Just give credit where credit is due. Looking forward to a possible rematch. 

13 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

You’re right Pioneer but that’s what it’ll take to beat Greenfield. Them cold and the other team hot. I was still impressed by UC. They’ve come a long way. Dangerous team. As for Gleason if Randy Frasier was there he would have to be disappointed in tonight. As well as Joel and Ashley. Like I said I’m afraid that program is fading.

25 minutes ago, purplengolduc said:

Very close game, much closer than the final score would indicate. A very physical game., but Greenfield finally had some of their obvious hand checking called on them. They looked a bit tired throughout the game. Had a hard time running with my UC girls. Very proud of my girls. They took the fight to them and proved they can play with and if a few more calls go their way can beat Greenfield. Great Championship game, the toughest single-A district in the state. 

No doubt. Always love this district for girls basketball. The tournament is always well worth the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watched both games....

Game 1: Who could lose without looking like they wanted to lose...shoud be the caption to this recap. No sense or urgency from Gleason at any time during the game. I think a lot of fans also wanted their team to lose, so they could stay opposite of Greenfield in the Regional tourney. Don't agree with that mindset, but it is what it is. It didn't appear that Gleason played their normal rotation in the 2nd half and most teams when they're trying to win in the 4th....(and are down), start pressuring. I believe Gleason through up a token press with about a minute to go and down by 15. It ain't winning an Oscar in Hollywood. 

Game 2: Terrible officiating. 6 whistles called after the play was over and both teams got bad calls or no calls. Credit to Union City for attacking the Greenfield press. I didn't think they would be able to handle the ball well enough to do that, but I haven't seen UC play that way this season. As I've watched (it seems 25 times over the last 4 years), Chloe Moore took over the game and UC had no answer. Williams from Union City was a beast and she played the best game I've ever watched her play. If UC plays next week like they did tonight, will be a tough out. 

Bring on the Regional Tourney!!

Greenfield never thought they were gonna lose tonight even though it was closer than the final score. They are on another level talent wise and mentality wise. Moore took over in the second half and carried them again. As for the first game, Gleason coach should be fired and the parents of the players should be very disappointed in their daughters for going along with him. As somebody stated earlier, Randy Frazier would never consider losing intentionally.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, purplengolduc said:

Wow, so you are just going to look past how well UC played tonight. A lot of the missed shots were because of solid defensive play. Just give credit where credit is due. Looking forward to a possible rematch. 

UC played lights out tonight. They will be the number 1 team in that district next year for sure. Congrats on a great effort. Handled the ball extremely well. Meant no disrespect at all. They put on a show for sure.

The first game was an embarrassment, I watched Dresden and Gleason play a few weeks ago and it was a great ballgame. But I see people just blaming Gleason’s coach, from where I was sitting neither coach wanted to win. Dresden best player had 3 fouls in the first quarter, second best player had 3 fouls early in the second qtr (coincidence) ........ and Dresden /Gleason fans weren’t even yelling at the ref ! When’s the last time ANYBODY has seen that. Both teams turning it over like it was their day job, and Gleason best 2 players barely played the 4th qtr. Every time either team would score, their fans BOTH SIDES hardly clapped. Dresden won the game and both sides looked like a funeral. It was AWFUL! But don’t blame the girls, they are just kids, I blame both coaches. Gleason’s catching the brunt of this because they lost but anybody who knows anything about basketball knows neither coach was trying to win. I’d fire both of them. 

1 hour ago, SnoopDogg said:

You’re right Pioneer but that’s what it’ll take to beat Greenfield. Them cold and the other team hot. I was still impressed by UC. They’ve come a long way. Dangerous team. As for Gleason if Randy Frasier was there he would have to be disappointed in tonight. As well as Joel and Ashley. Like I said I’m afraid that program is fading.

I guarantee you that Frasier and the Ayres' would have wanted Greenfield, if for no other reason than to get another crack at figuring out how to beat them. If you're going to advance, you'll most likely face them somewhere down the line, and great coaches don't sit back and hope someone else knocks off the beast, they want to be the one to do it.

52 minutes ago, lionsupport said:

Greenfield never thought they were gonna lose tonight even though it was closer than the final score. They are on another level talent wise and mentality wise. Moore took over in the second half and carried them again. As for the first game, Gleason coach should be fired and the parents of the players should be very disappointed in their daughters for going along with him. As somebody stated earlier, Randy Frazier would never consider losing intentionally.

I actually had to see it to believe it but I was told it was going to happen. GC don’t care who we play but there is no need for that in sports period. I thought TSSAA put a stop to that a few years ago, but obviously Gleason didn’t get the memo. Dresden is a good team and could very easily have beaten Union City Thursday. Think they will play in the semis against Greenfield.

Edited by pioneer42