Greenfield Lady Jackets

Greenfieldfan

I was very impressed with Gibson County last night. They made us work hard and we needed that. Gibson County can make a good run at state. Gibson County has a great coach who always has his girls prepared.

As for The comments about Coach Trevathan they are just crazy. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

First time getting to see Greenfield and was very impressed. Obviously knew they were going to be talented, but was surprised at how well rounded they were. 

With respect to holding the ball, I viewed that as more of a courtesy to both teams. I know GC's fans didn't like it, but in reality it did them a favor. Mid-3rd quarter they were gassed and unable to do much offensively. If Greenfield kept their foot on the gas, I think the score would have been ugly. The way I saw it, the result was determined and both teams were resigned to that fact. Try and finish it out without injuries with a trip to state on the line next game for both teams.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

I was very impressed with Gibson County last night. They made us work hard and we needed that. Gibson County can make a good run at state. The comments about Coach Trevathan are just crazy. 

I agree. He is a good coach and a good guy. If GC’s legs can hold up down the stretch we can make a run. Got some work to do with a Memphis squad first. GC cut the lead to six at one point, but every time Greenfield would make a big shot to stretch the lead. Think Greenfield looks on a mission. Just a really good team.

Edited by pioneer42

I never said Coach T was a bad man, from what I know of him, he is a good man. That however does not mean he is a great coach. He has two D1 players on his team, possibly 3 with the other Darby girl and very good role players. The girl from Dresden plays when it’s close because she is the better player but a transfer will not start above the other role players. So he should win in Single A without anyone coming close. The Weathers girl is a great player but that is the one main player that Loretto has. Mimi (#11) is a good role player and the other Weathers girl as well. Greenfield should have a cake walk to the Championship. As Coach Durden said after the loss to Loretto, Willie would not listen to changing his defense back to the normal man to man that Greenfield runs and because of that Greenfield lost, that is not good coaching. Willie is hard headed when he will not come out of his press when he plays good transition teams and they get multiple easy buckets. The Moore girl is an exceptional talent but she plays very poor defensively, it showed up big time in the tournament last year. She is better than the Darby girl going to UT if she plays defense, but Coach T will not demand it from her.  The teams that Willie is playing in his district and Region and down with the exception of Gibson County last year, where there coach out coached Loretto's coach in the Championship last year. Btw Greenfield was a much better team than GC last year. It’s about the players, any coach could take the talent at Greenfield and win! I stand by my comment Coach T is a marginal coach. 

26 minutes ago, Topfan said:

I never said Coach T was a bad man, from what I know of him, he is a good man. That however does not mean he is a great coach. He has two D1 players on his team, possibly 3 with the other Darby girl and very good role players. The girl from Dresden plays when it’s close because she is the better player but a transfer will not start above the other role players. So he should win in Single A without anyone coming close. The Weathers girl is a great player but that is the one main player that Loretto has. Mimi (#11) is a good role player and the other Weathers girl as well. Greenfield should have a cake walk to the Championship. As Coach Durden said after the loss to Loretto, Willie would not listen to changing his defense back to the normal man to man that Greenfield runs and because of that Greenfield lost, that is not good coaching. Willie is hard headed when he will not come out of his press when he plays good transition teams and they get multiple easy buckets. The Moore girl is an exceptional talent but she plays very poor defensively, it showed up big time in the tournament last year. She is better than the Darby girl going to UT if she plays defense, but Coach T will not demand it from her.  The teams that Willie is playing in his district and Region and down with the exception of Gibson County last year, where there coach out coached Loretto's coach in the Championship last year. Btw Greenfield was a much better team than GC last year. It’s about the players, any coach could take the talent at Greenfield and win! I stand by my comment Coach T is a marginal coach. 

I will say this about Greenfield’s game against Loretto. Greenfield obviously didn’t have the get up and go it had the day before against Clarkrange. Clarkrange is a good team and might not have won the battle but wore them down enough to get exposed more by Loretto. Thought Chloe brought them back twice in the forth quarter and they kinda got away from her and they kinda panicked and forced shots. I will agree that Loretto exposed Greenfield’s press on the big floor at state and hindsight your probably right should have backed off to a more half court man to man. But they were down that whole game and what better way to get back in it than full court pressure. I would have probably kept grinding myself with full court pressure hoping they would cave in. To say he is a bad coach because of that I don’t agree. Thought he has done a good job keeping all of his group happy. He wouldn’t have a problem getting a good job if he was on the market.

Edited by pioneer42

3 hours ago, SportsWestTN said:

First time getting to see Greenfield and was very impressed. Obviously knew they were going to be talented, but was surprised at how well rounded they were. 

With respect to holding the ball, I viewed that as more of a courtesy to both teams. I know GC's fans didn't like it, but in reality it did them a favor. Mid-3rd quarter they were gassed and unable to do much offensively. If Greenfield kept their foot on the gas, I think the score would have been ugly. The way I saw it, the result was determined and both teams were resigned to that fact. Try and finish it out without injuries with a trip to state on the line next game for both teams.

I agree with you. 

Edited by Greenfieldfan

3 hours ago, Waker said:

If someone upsets Greenfield with their talent and transfer, would it be the biggest upset in the last 20 yrs?

Transfer?  You mean Greenfield has brought in a recruit? Why haven’t I heard about this?!?  All I’ve ever heard from Greenfieldfan is how Jackson County used to bring in players. Is this true?

12 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Transfer?  You mean Greenfield has brought in a recruit? Why haven’t I heard about this?!?  All I’ve ever heard from Greenfieldfan is how Jackson County used to bring in players. Is this true?

Girl from Dresden transferred this summer. She has made a difference especially on the defensive end. It happens. They do it legally nothing you can do about it but play harder.

4 hours ago, Waker said:

If someone upsets Greenfield with their talent and transfer, would it be the biggest upset in the last 20 yrs?

I wouldn’t say that. We beat Middleton at state when they had their good talent. They had won 70 in a row or so. I won’t be surprised if they do get beat and it is nothing against Greenfield it is just basketball has some good teams and they have a bullseye on their back. Thought GC kinda punched back at them last night after getting hit in the mouth. They can get beat. I would love one more shot at them in the finals. They got beat last year. GC lost at the state four years ago when we were undefeated. It happens.

Edited by pioneer42

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Girl from Dresden transferred this summer. She has made a difference especially on the defensive end. It happens. They do it legally nothing you can do about it but play harder.

Hmmmm If i remember correctly Greenfieldfan was very much against this kind of thing back a few years ago.  I'm hearing crickets on it now, wonder why????????

• Like 2