Trousdale at Watertown, region title?

tcjacket13

59 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Having a director / super of schools interfering constantly and fans that are all hall of fame coaches judging your every move will do it as well! 

Unfortunately that's part of the job... always has been. Blake knew what he was getting into. I highly doubt he's read this thread, but I know for a fact that he don't give two craps what anybody on the other side of the fence thinks... especially the ones that have never even played the game. 

Pro Tip TC fans: If I wanted a cheerleader's opinion, I'd just ask a cheerleader. If you haven't shed blood for this program, maybe you should just read and not type. Pretty sure I get dumber every time I log on. 

• Like 1

Just now, SEVEN said:

Unfortunately that's part of the job... always has been. Blake knew what he was getting into. I highly doubt he's read this thread, but I know for a fact that he don't give two craps what anybody on the other side of the fence thinks... especially the ones that have never even played the game. 

Pro Tip TC fans: If I wanted a cheerleader's opinion, I'd just ask a cheerleader. If you haven't shed blood for this program, maybe you should just read and not type. Pretty sure I get dumber every time I log on. 

I'll keep it to myself Seven but I know things that the average fan don't know.

8 minutes ago, SEVEN said:

True dat!

9 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

Let me just say this was such a great game tonight to witness. Everyone definitely got there money worth tonight. This is what high school football is all about! Kudo to both teams! 

Agree with you on that.  Neither team yet what it should/can be obviously with mistakes and penalties uncommon to the better teams, but still a good game to the end.  Hopefully Tiger town figured a few things out and will start prepping other players for opportunities that will for certain be needed at some point.  Still need to get some others more involved in the offense as some have mentioned.  Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.  The school has some nice facilities I might add.

1 hour ago, PurpleReign said:

Wow... what a game. Shout out to the H2O student section. They were AMAZING. I had to sleep on it and let it all sink in. Last years Purple Tiger team would have smoked this years version of the Jackets. By the same token last years Jackets would have smoked this years Purple Tigers. Both teams have a lot of work to do. But iron sharpens iron and I hope these teams will meet again later this year.

Tigers need to figure out how to keep it 1st and 10 and stop putting themselves in 1st and 15 situations. WAY to many mental penalties. The offense and offensive play calling needs to get better. The O-line played better in the second half of this game but it's still no where near where it needs to be. There were 2 TC players in the back field on nearly every snap. Now that has a lot to do with the VERY predictable play calling. On a bunch of plays TC had NO ONE covering a WR. The kids saw it, I saw them telling the coaches, but it was NEVER taken advantage of. And even when they were covering the WR's they were playing 5 to 8 yards off them. That's free yardage that again was never taken advantage of. Except for a couple of passes that went deep, one that connected for a TD, most of H2O's passes were behind the line of scrimmage. Defenses know it's coming and they are usually lined up to stop it this year. Time to change it up coaches. Safe is death, time to innovate. That may mean getting the ball into other players hands. If the O-line can't get to the second level, D-Ray will have no place to go. He can beat one or two guys, but not 4 and 5. So getting the ball into the hands of players that the entire defense hasn't game planned around would, 1) be affective and 2) open things up for D-Ray later in the game. The H2O defense played well. They aren't big, but they are fast to the ball and they swarm. That speed can come back to haunt them as they are too easily deceived by motion and misdirection. They also tackle way too high. Get low! The body can't go where the feet can't take it.

TC needs to find a way to throw the ball, even if it's not successful. Just the threat of a passing game would help the run, which TC has always been great at. Honestly, year after year the boys from the Creek Bank run hard. It's really impressive. But if every team knows that's ALL you can do, it becomes easier stop it, no matter how good you are at it. If TC could throw the ball, even just a little bit they would have won state last year, no doubt. If this years team can find that part of their game, they'd be even harder to beat than they already are.

So overall we saw two good teams play a great game last night. Now it's up to the players and coaching staffs to decide if they want to be great teams or are they satisfied with good. Good is the enemy of great. 

I absolutely love the coaches in the stands that have only coached Jr pro. The coaches coach and the fans coach hahaha. That's why I don't sit in the stands to many idiots that don't really know jack squat about the game hahaha.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Movethechains said:

Congrats to the Wtown ball club for the big win last night.  Some heart shown especially in the second half.  You could tell the kids believed and were feeling it in the second half even trailing 13-0.  They need to find a way to play 4 qrtrs the same way.  They did something not many thought they would.  Penalties still seem to be an issue and the offensive play calling was again predictable, especially first half.  The difference was the O line played better, still work to do, and they finally gave that Carter kid the rock.  Now if they can figure out that #2 can help them as well offensively, this thing might take those boys on a good run this year.  Using all the weapons and getting the ball to them all would help them alot.  Defense as always underthe H man was solid, much better than before his time at H2Oville.  

Have to agree with you here.  At times last night though, seemed like the staff and kids were not ready for things like they should be, for example in OT and on the offensive drive, the field goal team was not ready to go when 3rd down was halted.  Everyone should have known this would be next and that they needed to be ready to go in.   I tend to think the same about getting some of the other kids involved.  Have heard this from several others as well.  Anyone that has watched these kids play throughout the years, know that they are not using a couple of kids that have some ability to make plays.  Was impressed with the Carter kid.  Remember seeing that kid at younger ages along with a few more shred teams.  Gotta get them involved in the offense.  Will be too easy to prepare for if they don't against good defensive teams. 

Anyone know if Watertown will have to change classifications soon??

2 hours ago, PurpleReign said:

Wow... what a game. Shout out to the H2O student section. They were AMAZING. I had to sleep on it and let it all sink in. Last years Purple Tiger team would have smoked this years version of the Jackets. By the same token last years Jackets would have smoked this years Purple Tigers. Both teams have a lot of work to do. But iron sharpens iron and I hope these teams will meet again later this year.

Tigers need to figure out how to keep it 1st and 10 and stop putting themselves in 1st and 15 situations. WAY to many mental penalties. The offense and offensive play calling needs to get better. The O-line played better in the second half of this game but it's still no where near where it needs to be. There were 2 TC players in the back field on nearly every snap. Now that has a lot to do with the VERY predictable play calling. On a bunch of plays TC had NO ONE covering a WR. The kids saw it, I saw them telling the coaches, but it was NEVER taken advantage of. And even when they were covering the WR's they were playing 5 to 8 yards off them. That's free yardage that again was never taken advantage of. Except for a couple of passes that went deep, one that connected for a TD, most of H2O's passes were behind the line of scrimmage. Defenses know it's coming and they are usually lined up to stop it this year. Time to change it up coaches. Safe is death, time to innovate. That may mean getting the ball into other players hands. If the O-line can't get to the second level, D-Ray will have no place to go. He can beat one or two guys, but not 4 and 5. So getting the ball into the hands of players that the entire defense hasn't game planned around would, 1) be affective and 2) open things up for D-Ray later in the game. The H2O defense played well. They aren't big, but they are fast to the ball and they swarm. That speed can come back to haunt them as they are too easily deceived by motion and misdirection. They also tackle way too high. Get low! The body can't go where the feet can't take it.

TC needs to find a way to throw the ball, even if it's not successful. Just the threat of a passing game would help the run, which TC has always been great at. Honestly, year after year the boys from the Creek Bank run hard. It's really impressive. But if every team knows that's ALL you can do, it becomes easier stop it, no matter how good you are at it. If TC could throw the ball, even just a little bit they would have won state last year, no doubt. If this years team can find that part of their game, they'd be even harder to beat than they already are.

So overall we saw two good teams play a great game last night. Now it's up to the players and coaching staffs to decide if they want to be great teams or are they satisfied with good. Good is the enemy of great. 

I have noticed the same thing.   Gotta read the field and situations better.  Can't pick the receiver before the snap.  Overall though, great win for Tiger town boys.