AP CLASS 1A POLL SEPT 2 2019

Southtowner

1 minute ago, ThatTowerMan said:

I am new to this board. I do not know what all you boys are all arguing about but I can tell you I know Roy personally and I met Old Pirate at the first game this season. They are good people as I am sure some of you are as well. Hopefully I can make your acquaintance at some point this year. I hope everyone has a good day.

I would love to meet you as well as roy, bass and old pirate sometime. I'm betting it would be both impossible for all 4 to be in the same place at the same time and impossible for all 4 to not be at the same place at the same time :roflolk:

• Like 3

I think Lake Co is ranked ok at 3rd but I did notice they had 2 first place votes last week and only 1 this week?Curious to which newpapers vote and who they voted for?Agetr beating a 3A school and they lose a first place vote?State Gazett had Crockett Co beating LC.So since they weren't picked to win,would State Gazette not give them a first place vote and being area school?Doubt Jackson Sun gives them a number 1 ranking.Hunt will have that sewed up.Did UC messenger maybe take the vote back cause of comments coach made on the radio?Just curious who thought LC was number 1 after beating UC but took one back after beating a 3A school

2 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I think Lake Co is ranked ok at 3rd but I did notice they had 2 first place votes last week and only 1 this week?Curious to which newpapers vote and who they voted for?Agetr beating a 3A school and they lose a first place vote?State Gazett had Crockett Co beating LC.So since they weren't picked to win,would State Gazette not give them a first place vote and being area school?Doubt Jackson Sun gives them a number 1 ranking.Hunt will have that sewed up.Did UC messenger maybe take the vote back cause of comments coach made on the radio?Just curious who thought LC was number 1 after beating UC but took one back after beating a 3A school

Yes i agree top 3 are basically the same,could move any one around.

10 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

The Associated Press' Top 10 teams in each of Tennessee's six Division I non-financial aid classifications and in the combined Division II financial aid classification as selected by Tennessee AP-member sportswriters and broadcasters. With first-place votes in parentheses, records through September 2, total points based on 10 points for a first-place vote through one point for a 10th-place vote:

All Associated Press members in Tennessee are eligible to participate in the high school football poll. Those who voted for this week's poll are: The Daily Post-Athenian, Athens; Chattanooga Times Free Press, Chattanooga; The Leaf-Chronicle, Clarksville; Cleveland Daily Banner, Cleveland; The Daily Herald, Columbia; Herald-Citizen, Nashville; The Tennessean, Nashville; State Gazette, Dyersburg; The Jackson Sun, Jackson; Johnson City Press, Johnson City; Daily News, Kingsport; The Daily Times, Maryville; The Tomahawk (Mountain City), Mountain City; Union City Daily Messenger, Union City; WCMT, Martin.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/09/02/tennessee-high-school-football-tssaa-associated-press-statewide-poll/2192749001/

59 minutes ago, crow said:

I would love to meet you as well as roy, bass and old pirate sometime. I'm betting it would be both impossible for all 4 to be in the same place at the same time and impossible for all 4 to not be at the same place at the same time :roflolk:

Let me ask you a question crow man.  Is them goat breeders paying you to help them get the orchestration bullseye off their back? I garuntee is fellars aint falling for there mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

58 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Crockett County is 4A 

52 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

The Associated Press' Top 10 teams in each of Tennessee's six Division I non-financial aid classifications and in the combined Division II financial aid classification as selected by Tennessee AP-member sportswriters and broadcasters. With first-place votes in parentheses, records through September 2, total points based on 10 points for a first-place vote through one point for a 10th-place vote:

All Associated Press members in Tennessee are eligible to participate in the high school football poll. Those who voted for this week's poll are: The Daily Post-Athenian, Athens; Chattanooga Times Free Press, Chattanooga; The Leaf-Chronicle, Clarksville; Cleveland Daily Banner, Cleveland; The Daily Herald, Columbia; Herald-Citizen, Nashville; The Tennessean, Nashville; State Gazette, Dyersburg; The Jackson Sun, Jackson; Johnson City Press, Johnson City; Daily News, Kingsport; The Daily Times, Maryville; The Tomahawk (Mountain City), Mountain City; Union City Daily Messenger, Union City; WCMT, Martin.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/09/02/tennessee-high-school-football-tssaa-associated-press-statewide-poll/2192749001/

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

Bigster, looking at the papers listed should let you know that most that vote have no idea who is the best team. I would bet that Dyersburg and Union City press hasn’t seen a Huntingdon game in 3 years and someone from Johnson City has never seen one unless they were at a Championship game. You guys have even less press being up in the corner of the state. Polls ready mean nothing except to give us old heads something to bicker about. 

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

You are correct about Huntingdon having the Jackson Sun sewed up. As long as we both keep winning we will have their vote over LC. Not necessarily because Huntingdon is better but because they are selling papers for profit. I would go out on a limb and say Huntingdon buys more Jackson Suns than LC because we are in their coverage area. That and we can read:roflolk:

10 minutes ago, MayoBottomHermit said:

You are correct about Huntingdon having the Jackson Sun sewed up. As long as we both keep winning we will have their vote over LC. Not necessarily because Huntingdon is better but because they are selling papers for profit. I would go out on a limb and say Huntingdon buys more Jackson Suns than LC because we are in their coverage area. That and we can read:roflolk:

The reading part is very debatable. The rest of your post is spot on.