SONNIE MOORE 2A TOP 10 SEPT 3rd

RocketHouse

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I edited my post some. Fitzgerald had finally gotten the turnout from the kids in the school and everyone was buying in at this time. If I'm not mistaken Fitzgeralds first year was 2014? Weve consistently got better after he has been there a year or 2. He had to build the program up so to speak. At least that's what I believe happened. He also built a nice staff of assistants in that time.

Makes sense. I don’t know much about east teams. It’s hard to when you are in the west and the coverage isn’t the same across the state. 

57 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Makes sense. I don’t know much about east teams. It’s hard to when you are in the west and the coverage isn’t the same across the state. 

We have very little coverage in this area regardless of whatever caliber of team you field. Our newspaper does a really good job for local teams. Past that hardly any television or radio broadcast for the South East Tn. teams There is a Rhea co. Radio that does our games. 94.5 I think it is.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

I will say this 19 Meigs team and 18's, and 17's, I believe would have mercy ruled the 2016 Meigs team easily. 

You just upped the speculation debate now. Now we don't have to be satisfied debating who would win between teams on opposite sides of the state that likely won't play this year but now we can argue about teams from different seasons playing each other. This could get contentious! 

This should get GA going. This year's Forrest team is at least 20 points better than the 2016 squad. :D

1 minute ago, Salem said:

You just upped the speculation debate now. Now we don't have to be satisfied debating who would win between teams on opposite sides of the state that likely won't play this year but now we can argue about teams from different seasons playing each other. This could get contentious! 

This should get GA going. This year's Forrest team is at least 20 points better than the 2016 squad. :D

Haha cool bud, you should have a great year. I'm not the person who says my team will beat your team or whatever. But i will gladly compare my yesteryear teams to whatever we field now or in the future. Most people cant have a decent conversation about comparing teams without getting butthurt so I just steer away from the drama from those conversations. Out of respect, I never said our teams was better than yours etc.

5 minutes ago, Salem said:

I do like where you went though. You pretty much stated that this years team was 20 points better than last years team. In that aspect considering how close you played Waverly, you should meet Peabody this year in the semifinals yeah?

50 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I do like where you went though. You pretty much stated that this years team was 20 points better than last years team. In that aspect considering how close you played Waverly, you should meet Peabody this year in the semifinals yeah?

In the spring I said this group (barring injuries) will have the talent to host Peabody in the semis. I'm sure Lewis Co and Waverly have other plans.  

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Not gonna get into the who's better Forrest or Meigs scenario. I will say this 19 Meigs team and 18's, and 17's, I believe would have mercy ruled the 2016 Meigs team easily. Maybe Tigernation, Turu, Runnerup, or Marsblackmon if they read this thread will elaborate some as this is just my personal opinion. I've had 2 boys playing my short Meigs career as a fan and spectator. One started in 2014 and graduated in 2016 while the other started in 2015 and graduated in 2018. But I do believe 17,18,19 Meigs team are much much better than the 16 team was who went 10-2.

The 16 team played a lot of good teams. Marion (way better than they are now), Boyd, Tyner, Oneida, Central, Sweetwater, Bledsoe, and Forrest were all decent to great (Marion). In reality, we should have won the Forrest game. The line play on 17 and 18 were much better, but the skill position advantage goes to 16. Zy Moore and Jesse Rayl types don't come around often. 17, 18, 19 teams are better but it would not be a mercy rule.

20 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

The 16 team played a lot of good teams. Marion (way better than they are now), Boyd, Tyner, Oneida, Central, Sweetwater, Bledsoe, and Forrest were all decent to great (Marion). In reality, we should have won the Forrest game. The line play on 17 and 18 were much better, but the skill position advantage goes to 16. Zy Moore and Jesse Rayl types don't come around often. 17, 18, 19 teams are better but it would not be a mercy rule.

Have to agree to disagree on the mercy part. But all were good teams.

You think Zy Moore was better than a healthy Martin Smith? I do not believe it was even close.

Edited by Imthayeti

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

No Peabody should meet them since R7 or R8 will have to travel East for the semi this yr.

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

No Peabody should meet them since R7 or R8 will have to travel East for the semi this yr.

You mean play at Forrest? I'm gonna have to look and see what region they are and who they are up against. Were fortunate this year, if we have a good year i think we will host our games.