SONNIE MOORE 2A TOP 10 SEPT 3rd

RocketHouse

4 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

First off Meigs is a good team so just wanted to get that out there. But if Meigs was to play Peabody there would be about a 3 touchdown difference at the least. The coaching staff at Peabody is great. I wasn’t sold on that until last yr. Again this is not to blast Meigs in any way it just an opinion. Some people wouldn’t understand the Defense that Peabody has and their offense is just as good. Special teams everything. Until I’m proven wrong and at this point Peabody is the best 2A team in the State. I just don’t see a team being a better total package than that. Swafford would be shutdown by Peabody! Meigs has Swafford and Swafford is what makes Meigs so good.

I saw Peabody play their first game and I don’t think that they would shut Meigs down imo. They are good and I’m not bashing them it’s just my opinion. 

Edited by Gbnation

4 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

First off Meigs is a good team so just wanted to get that out there. But if Meigs was to play Peabody there would be about a 3 touchdown difference at the least. The coaching staff at Peabody is great. I wasn’t sold on that until last yr. Again this is not to blast Meigs in any way it just an opinion. Some people wouldn’t understand the Defense that Peabody has and their offense is just as good. Special teams everything. Until I’m proven wrong and at this point Peabody is the best 2A team in the State. I just don’t see a team being a better total package than that. Swafford would be shutdown by Peabody! Meigs has Swafford and Swafford is what makes Meigs so good.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion bud, no harm done. It's no different then us picking who will win whatever games games every week all year long. I believe end of season we will be much better then what we are right now. We have quite a few kids getting use to their positions and it showed for us the first game. Maybe we will be lucky enough to find out later in the year how we might fair against a West Tn. Team if we are lucky. I wouldn't count us out though. I believe last year we fielded one of the best offenses in the state in 2A and at the end of this year I think we will field the same caliber of offense. If our defense plays like I think they will and can, we will be an extremely hard team to beat come november. But again that's my opinion. And everyone's entitled and I also respect yours. 

20 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Yea I’m telling ya that does them no justice. They are the real deal and I would bet my paycheck on the 3 tds

They may best us by that much i dont know, but your analysis is based on an opponent that couldn't throw the ball really that game, which makes them one dimensional, which also in turn makes it much easier to defend. I have no doubts Peabody is great. However I do believe Milan didnt live up to their hype for that game. Maybe I'm way out of left field. I just didnt see Milan being the power house they were supposed to be. That being said if we had played Peabody our first game, it would have been the same outcome as Milan. Our line needed major adjustment our first game and we would have gotten killed by a great team. Luckily the next game which you saw Vandy we had alot of our problems fixed. Stuff like that makes opposing teams look great. I mean for Heavens sake, Look at Tennessee this year already lol. Again this is NOT a knock at Peabody, or Milan. I just dont think Milan was ready for a team like Peabody. Honestly after a few games maybe Milan would be ready, but you can't tell me they were as prepared as Peabody.

11 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I agree with Vandy on Greenback making it to the semis. Should get there fairly easy honestly. If South Pitt beats Meigs and Redbank then Greenback probably will not make it past the semis. But if South Pitt splits them or lose both it will probably be anyone's ballgame at that point. 

I look forward to Meigs at South Pitt more than any game on the Pirates schedule, not for any other reason than two traditions colliding and two outstanding coach’s  trying to outwit the other.  

18 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

They may best us by that much i dont know, but your analysis is based on an opponent that couldn't throw the ball really that game, which makes them one dimensional, which also in turn makes it much easier to defend. I have no doubts Peabody is great. However I do believe Milan didnt live up to their hype for that game. Maybe I'm way out of left field. I just didnt see Milan being the power house they were supposed to be. That being said if we had played Peabody our first game, it would have been the same outcome as Milan. Our line needed major adjustment our first game and we would have gotten killed by a great team. Luckily the next game which you saw Vandy we had alot of our problems fixed. Stuff like that makes opposing teams look great. I mean for Heavens sake, Look at Tennessee this year already lol. Again this is NOT a knock at Peabody, or Milan. I just dont think Milan was ready for a team like Peabody. Honestly after a few games maybe Milan would be ready, but you can't tell me they were as prepared as Peabody.

We made milan look bad and when you get picked you stop throwing "most of the time" understand VF1 didnt come to this conclusion lightly matter fact he gave me heck last year before he seen us up close and personal !!!! We have lightning and thunder as safeties and corners but your right time will tell !!! I hope we earn the honor to face the East again but lots of ball to play !!! Milan had speed everywhere and a very big line but we matched that and 1 uped it with great coachingg !!

6 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

We made milan look bad and when you get picked you stop throwing "most of the time" understand VF1 didnt come to this conclusion lightly matter fact he gave me heck last year before he seen us up close and personal !!!! We have lightning and thunder as safeties and corners but your right time will tell !!! I hope we earn the honor to face the East again but lots of ball to play !!! Milan had speed everywhere and a very big line but we matched that and 1 uped it with great coachingg !!

Very respectable post and I hope you know mine was the same sir.

8 minutes ago, pegleg said:

I look forward to Meigs at South Pitt more than any game on the Pirates schedule, not for any other reason than two traditions colliding and two outstanding coach’s  trying to outwit the other.  

Greenback and South Pitt. For me are the ones I really looked forward to. We survived the first but just barely lol.