SONNIE MOORE 2A TOP 10 SEPT 3rd

RocketHouse

14 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

You implied that teams with losses shouldn't be ranked ahead of teams with no losses. I understand your modus operandi is to belittle and disparage anyone that questions your thinking or opinion, and that's okay. You are still wrong. 

dont pout. i knew what you meant and i debunked it before your brain had even completed the thought. i didnt imply. i stated. with the understanding that SOS factors in. i was still right, and way ahead of you. sit still.  

12 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

dont pout. i knew what you meant and i debunked it before your brain had even completed the thought. i didnt imply. i stated. with the understanding that SOS factors in. i was still right, and way ahead of you. sit still.  

You never answered me. Is Forrest better than  meigs this year ?   

9 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I asked him because general likes to imply things 

You can imply things and get by with them if there is no way of knowing.  It's just one opinion vs another.

Is Forrest better than Meigs?  The only way of knowing who would win would be to play. The only way they play would be in Cookeville. 

Most folks would say Meigs is better.  I absolutely would. 

Arguing over speculation is fun!

In the last meeting Swafford was the starting QB (as a freshman)  and 3 Forrest freshmen started (and contributed) during the game. Game came down to the final play(s). Forrest scores with seconds to play and goes up 16-13 and then Meigs uses a trick play to get down inside the 10 but ran out of time. 

I would bet the result of a Meigs vs Forrest matchup would be similar to the 2016. A toss up where either team could win if the breaks go their way. How you gonna argue with that?

8 minutes ago, Salem said:

In the last meeting Swafford was the starting QB (as a freshman)  and 3 Forrest freshmen started (and contributed) during the game. Game came down to the final play(s). Forrest scores with seconds to play and goes up 16-13 and then Meigs uses a trick play to get down inside the 10 but ran out of time. 

I would bet the result of a Meigs vs Forrest matchup would be similar to the 2016. A toss up where either team could win if the breaks go their way. How you gonna argue with that?

Pretty cool I like to hear back ground stories 

38 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

You can imply things and get by with them if there is no way of knowing.  It's just one opinion vs another.

Is Forrest better than Meigs?  The only way of knowing who would win would be to play. The only way they play would be in Cookeville. 

Most folks would say Meigs is better.  I absolutely would. 

+1

36 minutes ago, Salem said:

Not gonna get into the who's better Forrest or Meigs scenario. I will say this 19 Meigs team and 18's, and 17's, I believe would have mercy ruled the 2016 Meigs team easily. Maybe Tigernation, Turu, Runnerup, or Marsblackmon if they read this thread will elaborate some as this is just my personal opinion. I've had 2 boys playing my short Meigs career as a fan and spectator. One started in 2014 and graduated in 2016 while the other started in 2015 and graduated in 2018. But I do believe 17,18,19 Meigs team are much much better than the 16 team was who went 10-2.

Edited by Imthayeti

Just now, Tide21 said:

What changed from 2016 ? 

I edited my post some. Fitzgerald had finally gotten the turnout from the kids in the school and everyone was buying in at this time. If I'm not mistaken Fitzgeralds first year was 2014? Weve consistently got better after he has been there a year or 2. He had to build the program up so to speak. At least that's what I believe happened. He also built a nice staff of assistants in that time.