SONNIE MOORE 2A TOP 10 SEPT 3rd

RocketHouse

I'll put this into a little different perspective and you all can decide whether you think it's still an accurate poll. Let's say Meigs was to play every game on this list at a neutral location that would put us losing to the following lineup by whatever point differential I put beside the team using Sonny's ruleset. I will round up or down depending the score the final tally but that will put us with a tie with Oneida. Otherwise Oneida would have won by a half point margin or what not.

26 PEABODY 2A 120 wins by 22

61 TYNER 2A 111 wins by 13

75 TROUSDALE COUNTY 2A 109 wins by 11

85 FAIRLEY 2A 106 wins by 8

88 LEWIS COUNTY 2A 105 wins by 7

115 BLEDSOE COUNTY 2A 100 wins by 2

120 FORREST 2A 100 wins by 2

121 MITCHELL 2A 100 wins by 2

127 ONEIDA 2A 98 tie

139 MEIGS COUNTY 2A 98

theres no way to know the true answer, I just think it's too early for any poll to be very accurate 2 games into the season.

3 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I'll put this into a little different perspective and you all can decide whether you think it's still an accurate poll. Let's say Meigs was to play every game on this list at a neutral location that would put us losing to the following lineup by whatever point differential I put beside the team using Sonny's ruleset. I will round up or down depending the score the final tally but that will put us with a tie with Oneida. Otherwise Oneida would have won by a half point margin or what not.

127 ONEIDA 2A 98 tie

139 MEIGS COUNTY 2A 98

theres no way to know the true answer, I just think it's too early for any poll to be very accurate 2 games into the season.

VF1 whats your hardhitting answer on the only one I care about Tide vs Meigs ???

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

VF1 whats your hardhitting answer on the only one I care about Tide vs Meigs ???

You should be favored. Your the defending state champs that didn't seem to sustain a dropoff or didnt seem to have to field alot of new talent due to graduation. What Vandy seen at our field wont be what we bring to the playoffs though barring injuries. We will improve alot me thinks.

2 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

First off Meigs is a good team so just wanted to get that out there. But if Meigs was to play Peabody there would be about a 3 touchdown difference at the least. The coaching staff at Peabody is great. I wasn’t sold on that until last yr. Again this is not to blast Meigs in any way it just an opinion. Some people wouldn’t understand the Defense that Peabody has and their offense is just as good. Special teams everything. Until I’m proven wrong and at this point Peabody is the best 2A team in the State. I just don’t see a team being a better total package than that. Swafford would be shutdown by Peabody! Meigs has Swafford and Swafford is what makes Meigs so good.

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

You should be favored. Your the defending state champs that didn't seem to sustain a dropoff or didnt seem to have to field alot of new talent due to graduation. What Vandy seen at our field wont be what we bring to the playoffs though barring injuries. We will improve alot me thinks.

Agreed to and extent, well agreed 100 percent that your Tigers will improve but scary for 2A is so will the Tide, we believe it or not will field almost all linemen again next year,alot of this big Tidemen are sophomores "scary" and the freshman skill players are studs !!! Man Yeti ya gotta love small town ball !! Good luck on a injury free and successful season to your Might Meigs County Tigers !!! I cant wait to watch Jarel amd Sawfford battle at the next level also 

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

Call me crazy guys but I think there is two teams in Memphis we need to keep an eye out for! They don’t get much attention because nobody post about them but just remember I said this. 

I been ranking Fairley high all year and people call me crazy "I am" but Fairley and Mitchell are the real deal...

11 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Agreed to and extent, well agreed 100 percent that your Tigers will improve but scary for 2A is so will the Tide, we believe it or not will field almost all linemen again next year,alot of this big Tidemen are sophomores "scary" and the freshman skill players are studs !!! Man Yeti ya gotta love small town ball !! Good luck on a injury free and successful season to your Might Meigs County Tigers !!! I cant wait to watch Jarel amd Sawfford battle at the next level also 

Yeah, its neat they will be opponents next year.

12 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Call me crazy guys but I think there is two teams in Memphis we need to keep an eye out for! They don’t get much attention because nobody post about them but just remember I said this. 

Any Memphis team has to go through Peabody so know one east of Region 7 is concerned with them. 

Edited by Salem

55 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

127 ONEIDA 2A 98 tie

139 MEIGS COUNTY 2A 98

I agree, it will straighten out about mid season.

AP poll isn't worth the time it takes to read it. If I'm not mistaken, they didn't even have TC in top 10 for the majority of last season.

Sonny's will be on point in 2-3 weeks

Regardless, right now there's Peabody, and then the rest of us. Much work to be done but gonna be another exciting year on the Creekbank!

6 minutes ago, TCnation said:

AP poll isn't worth the time it takes to read it. If I'm not mistaken, they didn't even have TC in top 10 for the majority of last season.

Sonny's will be on point in 2-3 weeks

Regardless, right now there's Peabody, and then the rest of us. Much work to be done but gonna be another exciting year on the Creekbank!

I think your right about Peabody.