Gallatin (3-0) @ Mt. Juliet (1-1)

Gtowner

4 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Bigger sure, stronger.... weight room wise, not so sure. MJ is always top notch in that department.

2 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Not sure about the faster part either.  

I guess you guys will see on Friday. I'm just going by watching both of them play Lebanon the last couple weeks. And from what I seen Gallatin was clearly the more physical football team and Mt. Juliet was clearly the faster football team.

In the Lebanon vs Gallatin game they had a little success getting their RBs to the edge. In that game I remember thinking how fast Lebanon's RB looked in comparison to everybody else. I also remember Gallatin being bigger and just pushing the ball down the field. I'm not just talking about the offensive/defensive line. Even the running back and quarterback were more physical.

In the Lebanon vs Mt. Juliet game Lebanon wasn't able to get to the edge. In that game I remember thinking how fast the Mt. Juliet's WR looked in comparison to everybody else. I also remember (and even heard a pair of Mt. Juliet parents talking about it) thinking that Mt. Juliet was smaller and not as physical as they have been in recent years.

And I will say this.... There is a reason that Mt. Juliet ran the Wing T against Stewarts Creek and then came out against Lebanon in the spread with 3-4 WRs. My guess is that its not because they are one of the biggest/strongest teams in 6A.

55 minutes ago, steelcityroller said:

I guess you guys will see on Friday. I'm just going by watching both of them play Lebanon the last couple weeks. And from what I seen Gallatin was clearly the more physical football team and Mt. Juliet was clearly the faster football team.

In the Lebanon vs Gallatin game they had a little success getting their RBs to the edge. In that game I remember thinking how fast Lebanon's RB looked in comparison to everybody else. I also remember Gallatin being bigger and just pushing the ball down the field. I'm not just talking about the offensive/defensive line. Even the running back and quarterback were more physical.

In the Lebanon vs Mt. Juliet game Lebanon wasn't able to get to the edge. In that game I remember thinking how fast the Mt. Juliet's WR looked in comparison to everybody else. I also remember (and even heard a pair of Mt. Juliet parents talking about it) thinking that Mt. Juliet was smaller and not as physical as they have been in recent years.

And I will say this.... There is a reason that Mt. Juliet ran the Wing T against Stewarts Creek and then came out against Lebanon in the spread with 3-4 WRs. My guess is that its not because they are one of the biggest/strongest teams in 6A.

I guess it’s all in how you see it.  Not saying your wrong but from my perspective, I watched several different defensive players hit the Lebanon running back behind the line of scrimmage.  I also saw him get chased down several times trying to run wide.  He was held to under 100 yards just like Covington was last week.  Those are two of the best backs Gallatin will see all year along with Parks from Beech.  MJ had two weeks to prepare for Lebanon and I feel that was an advantage especially after a less than stellar performance against Stewart’s Creek.  They probably had enough time to switch offenses and work on a lot of short comings.  Gallatin on the other hand has gotten better since week one.  They completely dominated a Hillsboro team filled with speed and athletes.  Like I said, I guess it depends on where you sit.  I really thought Lebanon might beat MJ this year but I guess MJ has righted the ship.  This should be a really good ball game with no love loss between these two programs.  

43 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I guess it’s all in how you see it.  Not saying your wrong but from my perspective, I watched several different defensive players hit the Lebanon running back behind the line of scrimmage.  I also saw him get chased down several times trying to run wide.  He was held to under 100 yards just like Covington was last week.  Those are two of the best backs Gallatin will see all year along with Parks from Beech.  MJ had two weeks to prepare for Lebanon and I feel that was an advantage especially after a less than stellar performance against Stewart’s Creek.  They probably had enough time to switch offenses and work on a lot of short comings.  Gallatin on the other hand has gotten better since week one.  They completely dominated a Hillsboro team filled with speed and athletes.  Like I said, I guess it depends on where you sit.  I really thought Lebanon might beat MJ this year but I guess MJ has righted the ship.  This should be a really good ball game with no love loss between these two programs.  

They got tackled all over the field. They lost 28-7. But when they did have success it was getting to the outside. 

In my opinion Lebanon had more success in general on both sides of the ball against Gallatin than they did against Mt. Juliet. That doesn't necessarily mean that Mt. Juliet is better.... But I think that Lebanon matched up better with Gallatin than they did with Mt. Juliet. Lebanon also made alot more mistakes against Gallatin than they did against Mt. Juliet.

Its also kinda hard to judge because Lebanon isn't that good on offense. I had heard before the season that their defense was solid but that the offense was gonna struggle. That has shown to be true so far.

21 hours ago, DwayneSherlin said:

How is he beating his chest?  I believe he is one of the most unbiased posters on this board, unlike many.  Sure he is all wave, but post significant post not just post seen through green wave glasses.  Keep posting all you Wave fans on this site.  A change at the top of the program has brought a lot of tradition and pride back to life in Gallatin and I for one am completely on board and bought in.  GREEN WAVE PRIDE FOREVER

When I said it I was giving him a compliment. Yall went totally left field.

Man I can't wait for this one. The Mount Juliet "we are better than you but we are actually overrated every single year" Golden Cubbies vs the Gallatin "We have more tradition than you and we remind you about it every 5 minutes" Green Wavers. I will be giving my highly respected pick on this game later this week. 

10 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

Man I can't wait for this one. The Mount Juliet "we are better than you but we are actually overrated every single year" Golden Cubbies vs the Gallatin "We have more tradition than you and we remind you about it every 5 minutes" Green Wavers. I will be giving my highly respected pick on this game later this week. 

Surely neither side will brag about how good they are. Surely this will be a game of respect and playing the game right. I mean, this is a TSSAA matchup of blue-blood programs right? 

Has that Texas- USC feel to it. No 1 upping here

22 minutes ago, WingT08 said:

Look, our #1 hater is back. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Gallatin is only supposed to go 6-4 this year. We're are not supposed to be a top 10 team this year like a couple of teams we put on our schedule are, like Hillsboro for example. Coach is in year one. So I just hope we can keep it close against them big guys. 

Great strategy. Play mind games with em. Classic.