The tough road continues this week for Henry County

OmahaPatriot

3 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

Very misleading stat. MBA's losses are to Brentwood and Pearl Cohn. Cane Ridge's losses are to Pearl Cohn and Brentwood. Dickson is terrible, but to beat another 6a team 63-0 is very impressive. Brentwood will win this one comfortably. I respect Henry County as a 5a program, but no way a top 2 team in Williamson County loses to Henry County. 

I was just saying. BTW I wouldnt say comfortably. 

I gotcha. I respect y'all for playing a team like Brentwood. In my opinion, Brentwood plays in the best district in the state.(Outside of Dickson) Nothing like the Clarksville schools and Dyer County.  

Henry County actually beat Brentwood in 2015 when they were a member of the same region, but I do agree you all do play in a great region. I also believe this is likely a much better Brentwood team than that one was, but as the old saying goes, “that’s why they play the game”

We’ll try to leave a section of the high school parking lot empty so you fancy Williamson County folks can have room to land your private jets. 

7 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Henry County actually beat Brentwood in 2015 when they were a member of the same region, but I do agree you all do play in a great region. I also believe this is likely a much better Brentwood team than that one was, but as the old saying goes, “that’s why they play the game”

We’ll try to leave a section of the high school parking lot empty so you fancy Williamson County folks can have room to land your private jets. 

Yes, that was Ron Crawfords first year back, and he was rebuilding. It was just Brentwood and Centennial at that time though. Franklin and Ravenwood were 6a, and Independence was in a different region. It was a really odd two years for Williamson County. And, funny! Y'all do have nicer locker rooms, however

Yes, that was Ron Crawfords first year back, and he was rebuilding. It was just Brentwood and Centennial at that time though. Franklin and Ravenwood were 6a, and Independence was in a different region. It was a really odd two years for Williamson County. And, funny! Y'all do have nicer locker rooms, however

Those were an odd two years for everyone in 5A/6A. Independence sure made it count, though. 

16 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Those were an odd two years for everyone in 5A/6A. Independence sure made it count, though. 

For sure. Two things working in HC's favor

1. It's a pretty long road trip from Brentwood

2. Brentwood plays Ravenwood next week in a huge crosstown rivalry game, and the winner will most likely win the region. 

7 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

I gotcha. I respect y'all for playing a team like Brentwood. In my opinion, Brentwood plays in the best district in the state.(Outside of Dickson) Nothing like the Clarksville schools and Dyer County.  

With our stable of RB's I think we can keep it close. Unless Brentwood absolutely shuts down the run and pass. If we can sustain drives, protect the ball and not have turnovers, keep the ball majority of the game I like our chances to keep it close. 

On 9/7/2019 at 7:49 PM, OmahaPatriot said:

Great win Friday night over Dyer County. All three phases of the game were dominated by the Patriots. Our freshman quarterback has made some huge strides since week one at Haywood. Was great to see 5 back at RB. Hope to get 8 back this week as well.

Now onto Brentwood. They won last night 63-0. They look to be in mid season form in the young season and clicking on all cylinders. Could be a favorite to compete for the 6A crown. Our Big Red Machine seems to be improving every week. Not expecting to win this game, but I definitely think it is possible if we play well and catch a few breaks. Hoping for an injury free night. My early feeling is 27-23 Brentwood. Hope I’m wrong. GBR

32-28 HC. Young QB grew up a little last week, and the offense is just different with Foster being back. If JT is 100% and everyone else is healthy we have a puncher’s chance. I’m usually a pessimist, just think we are starting to click right now. I like getting #3 more involved on offense too, he’s a baller. And it’s at home, these kids feed off that energy. Need to bring the noise when we’re on D. GBR

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mmb said:

32-28 HC. Young QB grew up a little last week, and the offense is just different with Foster being back. If JT is 100% and everyone else is healthy we have a puncher’s chance. I’m usually a pessimist, just think we are starting to click right now. I like getting #3 more involved on offense too, he’s a baller. And it’s at home, these kids feed off that energy. Need to bring the noise when we’re on D. GBR

I am liking you prediction. I think this game takes a big turn whether Joe Travis is playing or not. If he plays I think we can pull this game off! Him and Jawon covering those talented receivers would be good for us! I dont think some people understand what a win like this would do for HC this early in the season! It would be HUGE!!! Big time game is about to go down at Patriot Stadium!