UC takes on the Pioneers in GC

UCStrong77

1 hour ago, westtnsportsfan said:

That’s the first I have heard about anyone treating the facilities or children wrong?  If this is true there is definitely no place for it.  Like I said.  I haven’t heard a thing about that.  But since you brought that up...  wasn’t it your golden ride that destroyed the visitors locker room at UC a few years ago? A little hypocritical on the facilities talk.  I truly hope no fans did anything to any children. 

There was nothing that was damaged at union city.  

If there is one thing I can promise it’s that I won’t be crying.  Not near as much crying as there was last year (rain/refs/wet fields)  Do I enjoy wins?  Absolutely.  But I also call it like I see and admit when you just get beat.  IF that’s what happens I’ll tip my cap and hopefully start looking forward to a playoff game.  

Edited by westtnsportsfan

1 hour ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Hahaha.   Don’t know the new guy but I like him.  It’s pretty easy math.  GC won 61-35.  Take 3 defensive TDS out and it’s 40-35.  Yes there were more turnovers but that was the point.  At the end of the day GC will receive no credit from people on here and that’s ok.  Cant let this win get in your head and affect you like the Peabody win did last year. 

The simplistic math equation is exactly my point. You have to think about probability theory and statistics and you can not just minus 3 TDS to get the answer. Let us just simplify it and think about possession time probability.  If UC doesn’t lose 7 fumbles probability theory tells me UC possession time goes up not down. High probability that 500 yards and 35 points goes up and 350 yards 41 points goes down.  Again GC won the turnover battle which is part of the game. We lost fair and square. 

I just want to make a statement. We lost. GC won. We made mistakes and they made us pay the price. We have further to go than I thought. I have seen this happen in times past. In 2013, in fact, against McKenzie. We fumbled only 9 times in that game. We lost 6 of those. After that we went on a 38 game winning streak. Can we come back from this debacle? Of course! We have to.

One thing that I have learned by watching this offense is that games like this come along ever so often. Once the fumble bug hits, it's like the flu. It's contagious. Everybody catches it. All everybody is thinking about is NOT FUMBLING. Instead of running the offense, panic sets in and the wheels come off the bus. Credit to GC for taking advantage of the situation and making my Tornadoes pay dearly. 

Like 77 said, we have to move forward and focus on the next game. That's where we are going to be next Friday. Good luck to GC the rest of the way

18 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I just want to make a statement. We lost. GC won. We made mistakes and they made us pay the price. We have further to go than I thought. I have seen this happen in times past. In 2013, in fact, against McKenzie. We fumbled only 9 times in that game. We lost 6 of those. After that we went on a 38 game winning streak. Can we come back from this debacle? Of course! We have to.

One thing that I have learned by watching this offense is that games like this come along ever so often. Once the fumble bug hits, it's like the flu. It's contagious. Everybody catches it. All everybody is thinking about is NOT FUMBLING. Instead of running the offense, panic sets in and the wheels come off the bus. Credit to GC for taking advantage of the situation and making my Tornadoes pay dearly. 

Like 77 said, we have to move forward and focus on the next game. That's where we are going to be next Friday. Good luck to GC the rest of the way

You all will be fine man.... Coach Bowling is a heck of a coach, your system will bring you wins, and ya'll will be in the middle of another serious playoff run. I'm sure ya'll will bounce back next week and beat up on South Side.

I do appreciate the 2 posters from Union City, myself and the other poster from Gibson County, the 2 posters from Lake County, the 2 posters from TCA, the 1 poster from Waverly, and the 10 coacht posters from Peabody for keeping this Gibson County/Union City game interesting  and at the top of the CoachT pages throughout the whole week!

Just remember, the best has yet to come for our program....

Edited by GCPioneer

4 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

You all will be fine man.... Coach Bowling is a heck of a coach, your system will bring you wins, and ya'll will be in the middle of another serious playoff run. I'm sure ya'll will bounce back next week and beat up on South Side.

I do appreciate the 2 posters from Union City, myself and the other poster from Gibson County, the 2 posters from Lake County, the 2 posters from TCA, the 1 poster from Waverly, and the 10 coacht posters from Peabody for keeping this Gibson County/Union City game interesting  and at the top of the CoachT pages throughout the whole week!

Good luck to you all as well. We hope to see you again in the playoffs. 

35 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Well said. GC is starting to pick up momentum