Fox Sports Jackson 105.3 West Tennessee High School Football Poll week 5

ReitzFan

35 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs scrimmaged Covington the last 3 years. They beat us for the first time 2-0 this year. Our QB played very little this scrimmage as he had been playing baseball and hadn't practiced. Covington has a super quick defense. That linebacker, dont know his name is a bad boy. Honestly after seeing both I would call it a toss-up.

Lawton didn’t play in the scrimmage either. So basically the starting backfield except Pearson.

Edited by MayoBottomHermit

1 hour ago, Jobres76 said:

I would have to respectfully disagree.

You can disagree all you want. Huntingdon has lost 2 games. Both to Cornersville. Fact is that Cornersville is located on the East side of the TN river. What is it that you disagree with? How are your boys looking this year?

Edited by Waker

17 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I dont understand your rating of the Huntingdon Mustangs. These kids are 28-2 since their sophomore year and undefeated on this side of the river. There's a bunch of teams rated ahead of us that we can handle.

Croppy, it’s a opinion poll. I’m thankful someone puts it out there. Gives us something to talk about. The 2 losses are by a combined total of 7 points. I believe Huntingdon would handle Westview and S.Gibson. I have had several die hard Henry Co fans ,who have seen both play,tell me Huntingdon would give Henry Co. all they would want.

Edited by MayoBottomHermit
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Waker said:

You can disagree all you want. Huntingdon has lost 2 games. Both to Cornersville. Fact is that Cornersville is located on the East side of the TN river. What is it that you disagree with? How are your boys looking this year?

Calm down, calm down. The only thing I was disagreeing with was the part about being undefeated on the west side of the river. I may have taken it out of context. If Mr. Croppy was talking about teams from that side then I  was wrong. As far as our boys this year it looks like we are starting to get it together. Thanks for asking!

5 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Lake Co is good. I've seen Westview, the Mustangs I think would handle them easily. They're about like Waverly the last few years, all offense, no defense. Good defensive teams usually win these type games

And Hunt is too one dimensional.Who have they played to see how good their defense is?Hard to tell how good Hunt defense is.Total wins out of the 4 teams they have played is 5 total wins.And not going to get any harder.Stangs will mercy rule everyone and probably even Milan who looked to be down.And seems like I read Hunt is a little weak on pass defense .And LC can throw the ball

And I know teams LC has played have won 5 games also.But Union City .Crockett Co and Dresden would probably beat the teams Hunt has feasted on.

Edited by mrbigster

5 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustangs scrimmaged Covington the last 3 years. They beat us for the first time 2-0 this year. Our QB played very little this scrimmage as he had been playing baseball and hadn't practiced. Covington has a super quick defense. That linebacker, dont know his name is a bad boy. Honestly after seeing both I would call it a toss-up.

Wouldn't it be something if Westview was to beat Cov?

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

And Hunt is too one dimensional.Who have they played to see how good their defense is?Hard to tell how good Hunt defense is.Total wins out of the 4 teams they have played is 5 total wins.And not going to get any harder.Stangs will mercy rule everyone and probably even Milan who looked to be down.And seems like I read Hunt is a little weak on pass defense .And LC can throw the ball

And I know teams LC has played have won 5 games also.But Union City .Crockett Co and Dresden would probably beat the teams Hunt has feasted on.

Milan isnt down they have other problems 

4 hours ago, mrbigster said:

The way its playing out both our schedules are pretty weak.

2 hours ago, toinemac said:

That game will be worth the price of admission. Westview will have a chance in a track meet. Their offense is something else.  If they somehow keep Hayes under 150 I think they can win it. 

I saw Union City move the ball pretty well on Westview in preseason. Covington's defense is so quick I'm afraid Westviews QB is going to be running for his life. Westviews offensive is good but Covington's defense is better. I think Covington big.

• Upvote 1