South Pittsburg vs Red Bank (Grider against this Brown man)

Roy Dillard

3 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Dearest Mother-

I write this letter to inform you I have received your care package of provisions. I swam from New Hope to Battery Point Hill to retrieve the shipment.  I must say these provisions arrived at the utmost opportune time.  For we were running low on your famous possum cakes and squirrel butter.  The young men and myself included were utterly thrilled to receive a batch of your bluejay muffins.  Also, the bandages were especially welcomed as we have had several fallen in battle.  You and Poppa will be pleased to hear of Captain Victory and his Band of Pirates dispatchment of those Hornet men from the J. Majors territory.  But we quickly turned our focus to our next campaign.  Your youngest son, who is of sound mind and strong body, has swam from Battery Point Hill up the length of the river to Mountain Creek.  I am now standing on Troll mountain overlooking the Red Bank camp as I write.  Below I see large carnivores of what I can only describe as a breed of half men half lion species.  This will undoubtedly be the most arduous conflict to date.  They are led by the head Carnivore himself better known as Bad Bad Lion Brown.  But don't you fret Sweet Mother of mine for we have leading us the greatest Captain on planet Earth.  Captain Victory has sailed these waters before and has his Band of Pirates ready no matter who or what we are facing.   Our sidearm is ready and true.  Our ground assault must strike strongly, quickly and boldly. The air assault must be delivered with precise precision. The defense must hold their ground against anything coming their way. Our Special units must pin and cage these Lions deep.    We have our orders.  The command has been given.  We must invade this hostile force and try to skin these carnivorous beings.       Love to All-

Sgt Southtowner

LBBO

Booger just sayin :lol:

• Like 1

I found this in case you missed it.

Wake up Pirates it’s game day. As The Captain stated yesterday we need EVERY Pirate fan in attendance tonight at Red Bank High School. This will be the first meeting between South Pittsburg and Red Bank in 60 years. Red Bank leads the all time series 5-3. We are the underdog this week. Let’s go shock the state! Kickoff is at 7:00 cst. The series breakdown is listed below as well as the story on tonight’s game. #WithUsOrAgainstUs #ItsComing

*1934 34-6 SP*
1942 40-6 SP
1943 45-0 Red Bank
1944 7-0 Red Bank
1956 20-13 Red Bank
1957 13-0 SP
1958 26-6 Red Bank
1959 40-6 Red Bank

No photo description available.

Edited by Southtowner

8 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I found this in case you missed it.

Wake up Pirates it’s game day. As The Captain stated yesterday we need EVERY Pirate fan in attendance tonight at Red Bank High School. This will be the first meeting between South Pittsburg and Red Bank in 60 years. Red Bank leads the all time series 5-3. We are the underdog this week. Let’s go shock the state! Kickoff is at 7:00 cst. The series breakdown is listed below as well as the story on tonight’s game. #WithUsOrAgainstUs #ItsComing

1934 34-6 SP
1942 40-6 SP
1943 45-0 Red Bank
1944 7-0 Red Bank
1956 20-13 Red Bank
1957 13-0 SP
1958 26-6 Red Bank
1959 40-6 Red Bank

No photo description available.

1934 is wrong.  They didn't have a school in '34.  I had the same thing but it must be a mistake.  

In the early '40s, both Red Bank and South Pittsburg (as well as other Sequatchie Valley and Hamilton county scools) were in the Tennessee Valley Conference.  

2 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

1934 is wrong.  They didn't have a school in '34.  I had the same thing but it must be a mistake.  

In the early '40s, both Red Bank and South Pittsburg (as well as other Sequatchie Valley and Hamilton county scools) were in the Tennessee Valley Conference.  

Oops.  I put an asterisk out beside it.  

* = oops.

Just now, ThatTowerMan said:

We will be on our way shortly. I am excited to watch our team play again this week. This will be my first time at Red Bank. I have read a lot about them. They seem to have a very good team. I hope everyone has a good afternoon. Roy, I am ready when you are.

Tower,  Towner here.  Keep Roy on the straight and narrow and yall be safe.

54 minutes ago, ThatTowerMan said:

We will be on our way shortly. I am excited to watch our team play again this week. This will be my first time at Red Bank. I have read a lot about them. They seem to have a very good team. I hope everyone has a good afternoon. Roy, I am ready when you are.

Tower man I just finished up my bucket at Ronnies red eye.  I garuntee I hope you are planning on driving.  Ive got my cooler with plenty of red bulls and my Murphy Fair book.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard