Week 6: Upperman @ Oneida

crow

28 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Crow6424 said you all have a chance if you can throw the ball. He seems pretty confident that you all can't just line it up and run it at them.  

I’ll be honest. I don’t know nothing bout them except they got a really good QB. If Crow said that then I’ll believe because he knows his stuff and don’t beat around the bush. I do like our chances being at home and us startin to show signs of a passing game. Will they be a lot bigger than us and wear us down? I don’t have a clue but I do know that a Tony Lambert football team don’t get knocked out on a couple hits to the mouth. 

45 minutes ago, OmahaOmaha said:

I’ll be honest. I don’t know nothing bout them except they got a really good QB. If Crow said that then I’ll believe because he knows his stuff and don’t beat around the bush. I do like our chances being at home and us startin to show signs of a passing game. Will they be a lot bigger than us and wear us down? I don’t have a clue but I do know that a Tony Lambert football team don’t get knocked out on a couple hits to the mouth. 

Wasn't me lil buddy, no numbers after my name. 

4 hours ago, OmahaOmaha said:

We do have a passing game but everybody knows what Oneidas bread and butter is

This is really interesting to me as a Putnam county area observer. Upperman’s defense is really good, and conventional wisdom says it’s hard to run against them. But Livingston has a high powered passing game and only scored 10. 

I think the bottom line when going against UHS is you have to keep their offense out of the end zone and capitalize on the brief chances you have to score to beat them. You have to be locked in for the entire 4 quarters. 

How is Oneida’s run defense? It’ll need to be strong.

1 hour ago, HC116 said:

This is really interesting to me as a Putnam county area observer. Upperman’s defense is really good, and conventional wisdom says it’s hard to run against them. But Livingston has a high powered passing game and only scored 10. 

I think the bottom line when going against UHS is you have to keep their offense out of the end zone and capitalize on the brief chances you have to score to beat them. You have to be locked in for the entire 4 quarters. 

Oneidas run D is pretty good.TL is good at coming up with a D plan for each game.This will be an interesting matchup.

8 hours ago, HC116 said:

Oneida’s strength on D is being able to stop the run. They have a good sized D line that will come off the ball and hit ya and the LB group is stout as well. 

For the record, I do not like Upperman, and I'm an LA fan. I root against them just like they root against us. That being said, a few notes. Offense: QB is good and durable, however he is more apt to beat you with his feet than his arm. They will run more often than throw. They will take their chances at least 2-3 times on what I remember as a 26 Trap (old days). The kid who runs it is a soph WR. Skinny little guy but fast. They sprung it on us for a TD. Offensive line is stout and tough. Not particularly quick but disciplined in the trenches. They get away with holds better than any o-line I've seen this year.  WRs are quick, decent, cocky. RBs are effective as a committee. Nothing earth shattering but get the job done. In short, it all revolves around their QB.  Defense: best defense you will play all year. Front 7 will shut down the run. So you'll beat them with your arm, right?  We (LA) have one of the best QB/WRs in the state. We got 10 points. Couldn't get in any rhythm. The quick outs were there but they were quick to close. Just enough penetration to limit anything deep. Other notes: make sure you have a good punter and make the field long. Our punter did a fantastic job. If your kicker has a leg, limiting the returns helped for us. They gave up several personal foul calls (rivalry game, frustrated, whatever). If you smash them in the mouth as much as they will smash you, you will have a shot. But honestly, I don't see it. As much as it pains me, Bees by at least 2 TDs.      

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustABlueFan said:

For the record, I do not like Upperman, and I'm an LA fan. I root against them just like they root against us. That being said, a few notes. Offense: QB is good and durable, however he is more apt to beat you with his feet than his arm. They will run more often than throw. They will take their chances at least 2-3 times on what I remember as a 26 Trap (old days). The kid who runs it is a soph WR. Skinny little guy but fast. They sprung it on us for a TD. Offensive line is stout and tough. Not particularly quick but disciplined in the trenches. They get away with holds better than any o-line I've seen this year.  WRs are quick, decent, cocky. RBs are effective as a committee. Nothing earth shattering but get the job done. In short, it all revolves around their QB.  Defense: best defense you will play all year. Front 7 will shut down the run. So you'll beat them with your arm, right?  We (LA) have one of the best QB/WRs in the state. We got 10 points. Couldn't get in any rhythm. The quick outs were there but they were quick to close. Just enough penetration to limit anything deep. Other notes: make sure you have a good punter and make the field long. Our punter did a fantastic job. If your kicker has a leg, limiting the returns helped for us. They gave up several personal foul calls (rivalry game, frustrated, whatever). If you smash them in the mouth as much as they will smash you, you will have a shot. But honestly, I don't see it. As much as it pains me, Bees by at least 2 TDs.      

Good assessment. Only thing that’s a tad off is the fast WR he mentioned has actually mostly transitioned into being a RB but they will use him all over the field. The QB definitely relies on his legs more than his arm, but a huge reason for that is he only has 1 reliable WR. He can throw it but the receivers can’t always catch it, etc. 

Certainly seems like a good matchup.