Mid-Season Mr. Football predictions.

Outsider1998

On 9/28/2019 at 12:14 AM, Roy Dillard said:

Let me ask you a question.  Without the orchestration and that Garland boy being the passer would this Willis boy have the stats he has? I garuntee you off you say yes your full of mess. You think im joking but im not. 

Willis would’ve had crazy stats last year, but he was used as their “3rd down man”. They knew he was their best chance to get a 1st down. When Maryville chose their qb it left Carnes on the bench for his senior year. If I was his parent I would’ve done the same darn thing. And they did it the right way. They sold their house and moved their family, what 15 miles south to give their son a chance to play a game he loves and has worked his butt off for. You can call it orchestration, recruiting, or plain ole cheating, but I call it “life”. Life happens, decisions, situations, good fortune, or maybe just a blessing from the Good Lord .  It’s just life. Life happens. Holden Willis has worked his butt off for a while now. He should’ve been the main part of GB’s offense last year, but they were too busy building stats for others.  But actually your question is kinda silly...would Willis have the stats without Carnes?  Willis makes a lot of spectacular plays after he catches the ball and how he avoids 3,4,5 tackles I have no clue. Football is a team sport. Carnes is a wonderful compliment to Willis and vice versa.  They make each other better players and bring out each other’s athleticism and talent. If Michael Jordan had played with 4 terrible teammates, they’d probably lose a lot. But Jordan would still be great, but surrounded by the teammates that he did have, well I think you know. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2019 at 10:29 PM, TheCommander said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and put a Basin boy in the discussion.Chase Mickens is 1st in the state in receiving as well as 20th in the nation with 703 yards.He also is all over the field on defense making plays.

I'm with you on this. I know he has now fell behind Willis on yards but that's because his last game was only played for 2:33 into the first quarter. The game was already 16-0 and the other team wouldn't take the field after the lighting delay.  Mickens is the real deal and people should pay attention to him. He doesn't have the TDs that Willis does but he keeps the rb's set up with first and goal. He's a clutch player. Im not taking anything away from the Willis kid, I've never even seen him play and he obviously is putting up some great numbers.

43 minutes ago, Narco said:

I'm with you on this. I know he has now fell behind Willis on yards but that's because his last game was only played for 2:33 into the first quarter. The game was already 16-0 and the other team wouldn't take the field after the lighting delay.  Mickens is the real deal and people should pay attention to him. He doesn't have the TDs that Willis does but he keeps the rb's set up with first and goal. He's a clutch player. Im not taking anything away from the Willis kid, I've never even seen him play and he obviously is putting up some great numbers.

I would like to see this kid!He and Willis are 1 and 2 in the state,when have you ever seen that before??LOL.Willis is #12 in the country right now.Willis TD to Catch ratio is crazy!Also Carnes is #2 in the state between to private schools.

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I would like to see this kid!He and Willis are 1 and 2 in the state,when have you ever seen that before??LOL.Willis is #12 in the country right now.Willis TD to Catch ratio is crazy!Also Carnes is #2 in the state between to private schools.

Yes Carnes is also putting up great numbers! Little Grabowski is number six in the state for passing as well! As Narco said if we would’ve got the game in last Friday him and Mickens both would be higher than what they are! 

Edited by TheCommander

48 minutes ago, GBO52 said:

Aaron Swafford

I promoted him last year,  not that he needed it. You only need to see him play once to know he is a special kind of talent. I'd love for him to win it again this year and I'm not sure he wont. He is already more of a beast this year than last. A sight to see honestly. Thank you for recognizing him bud. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Edited by Imthayeti

9 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I promoted him last year,  not that he needed it. You only need to see him play once to know he is a special kind of talent. I'd love for him to win it again this year and I'm not sure he wont. He is already more of a beast this year than last. A sight to see honestly. Thank you for recognizing him bud. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

I’d love to watch this kid play!

6 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

I’d love to watch this kid play!

South Pitt next weekend if we dont get a heat lightning cancel lol. #3 in 2A Meigs County vs. #1 in 1A South Pittsburg according to Sonny Moore's rankings. Should be one of the best games in the state if not the best game in 1&2A

Edited by Imthayeti