Mid-Season Mr. Football predictions.

Outsider1998

50 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

That's a fair assessment crow. I'm debating not arguing. You me and O&B are buddies on here etc. Just like in another thread it was stated that we were just above average without Swafford. It's a team sport and I portray it that way. Both of those athletes deserve the recognition. I'm just not sure one would have the stats without the other is all I'm saying.

I understand, and yes someone has to deliver the ball to the receiver and Carnes does it extremely well. I guess it's flashier to catch an 8 yard curl and take it 60 than to throw said 8 yard curl. Both have to happen or neither does. I'm not opposed to what you're saying. The qb gets credit for yards after catch is my only point. A screen that is thrown for 2 yards and goes 50 after catch still gets recorded as an 52 yarder same as a hail mary I guess is my point. Then again I'm not sure I even have a point anymore :blink:

12 minutes ago, crow said:

I understand, and yes someone has to deliver the ball to the receiver and Carnes does it extremely well. I guess it's flashier to catch an 8 yard curl and take it 60 than to throw said 8 yard curl. Both have to happen or neither does. I'm not opposed to what you're saying. The qb gets credit for yards after catch is my only point. A screen that is thrown for 2 yards and goes 50 after catch still gets recorded as an 52 yarder same as a hail mary I guess is my point. Then again I'm not sure I even have a point anymore :blink:

Yeah, gonna stay out of it from now on. Seems some but hurt has arisen today over my opinion. Good talk crow. Think were both right really.

Edited by Imthayeti

4 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah, gonna stay out of it from now on. Seems some but hurt has arisen today over my opinion. Good talk crow. Think were both right really.

Hopefully not me? I certainly didn't mean to come across that way if so. No hurt feelings at all here ole buddy. 

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Hunter Ensley Huntingdon QB. Big time athlete, just dominates the game on both sides of the ball. Big time speed, just runs away from defenders. Great arm, though we dont throw much. Very competitive, kid is a winner. Maybe best player to ever play at Huntingdon, that's saying a lot.  He's my pick.

They need to call it Mr. Middle/East TN Football. This award is a joke. It's not based on stats or character or anything else. Its strictly a popularity contest. When Jake Warbritton QB Huntingdon didn't win it with over 3,000 yards rushing and however many passing yards and multiple touchdowns plus the fact he was an A student and wouldn't find a better kid I gave up on this award. Go ahead and give in to Greenback or South Pitt or whoever you want Huntingdon is after the gold ball

3 hours ago, footballover said:

They need to call it Mr. Middle/East TN Football. This award is a joke. It's not based on stats or character or anything else. Its strictly a popularity contest. When Jake Warbritton QB Huntingdon didn't win it with over 3,000 yards rushing and however many passing yards and multiple touchdowns plus the fact he was an A student and wouldn't find a better kid I gave up on this award. Go ahead and give in to Greenback or South Pitt or whoever you want Huntingdon is after the gold ball

I could care less who wins it lol. I’m sure my son would like to win it but if you ask him if he would rather have an individual trophy or a chance to win a championship with his team mates it would be a know brainer.  Like I said last year I’m not a fan of individual trophies. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Turu said:

I meant no disrespect to Peabody QB. He is a good athlete and QB. 

We didn’t think you did.

our skill players don’t get mentioned much. Coach spreads the ball out 

Noah halbrook is probably one of the best all around athletes in the state in 2a. He can throw the ball , catch and run the ball. He also has a few tds returning kickoffs