Peabody @ Union City

FightingBlue0

21 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

If you don’t like it. Stop it. That’s all I can say. I have much respect for UC. Great program with great tradition. You guys should know more than anyone that if you don’t want to get a score run up on you then man up & stop it. 

No one this year will stop that offense. They are that good. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

If you don’t like it. Stop it. That’s all I can say. I have much respect for UC. Great program with great tradition. You guys should know more than anyone that if you don’t want to get a score run up on you then man up & stop it. 

I agree with you. Completely. Running up the score is not the issue. I expected to get beat by a better team. The issue is the onside kick, late in the game and your team was up 42-14 and the game was essentially decided. Peabody has the best team in 2A and I'll even go further than that and say they could probably compete for the 3A title. No shame in losing to a team that good. I just don't understand, when you have the game well in hand and a mercy rule is in place, why would you Onside kick? To me, that's classless.

I know in the past we have blown teams off the field. I have seen us up 42 - 0 at the end of the first quarter. What do you do when you are that much better? Do you tell the young guys when they get a chance to play, not to score? No! You keep playing. That's not what I am griping about. I can handle that. It's the fact that your coach tried to keep the ball out of our hands. That's what im talking about

3 hours ago, Bigsw02 said:

I have to be honest. I thought the onside kick while being up 28-7 was a bad move by the Peabody coach. Come on. 

Did u see the chop blocks that you guys were doing all night.  Our coach was just trying to get the clock running before anyone got hurt. He has more class than any coach I know.  He could have scored 75 but he did not.  I have seen Bolin in the past do the same to Peabody.  He did it one year in Trenton and we never saw the ball again until after the half.  All is fair in war and games.

45 minutes ago, Bigsw02 said:

I agree with you. Completely. Running up the score is not the issue. I expected to get beat by a better team. The issue is the onside kick, late in the game and your team was up 42-14 and the game was essentially decided. Peabody has the best team in 2A and I'll even go further than that and say they could probably compete for the 3A title. No shame in losing to a team that good. I just don't understand, when you have the game well in hand and a mercy rule is in place, why would you Onside kick? To me, that's classless.

I know in the past we have blown teams off the field. I have seen us up 42 - 0 at the end of the first quarter. What do you do when you are that much better? Do you tell the young guys when they get a chance to play, not to score? No! You keep playing. That's not what I am griping about. I can handle that. It's the fact that your coach tried to keep the ball out of our hands. That's what im talking about

I wish you knew about this coach that you call a too.  He is the most respectful Christian man of a coach I have ever been around.  He loves those kids and they love him.  He has been a great role model for those boys and our community.  When we got our buts whipped by you guys, we just took the whooping and went home.  You have been a supporter of our team and we respect u and the UC program.  Please try to understand the circumstances of those calls.  Our guys were getting chopped blocked and head whipped all night.  It was time to get out of there and go home.  Good luck to UC the rest of the way. 

1 hour ago, Bigsw02 said:

It was not mercy rule 42-14. That’s a 4 TD lead & the running clock doesn’t go into effect until a 35 point lead (5 TDs). Jacobs kicks the onside kick so Peabody can score & get up by 5 TDs in order to start the running clock. A running clock leads to the game ending sooner & less plays being ran. In which case the risk for injury decreases because of the lack opportunity to run plays. That’s why he did it. Union City is a great program & by no mean did Jacobs mean any disrespect. Coach Jacobs coaches this team the way a football team should be coached. Relentless & with great character. Those boys with that Power P on the side of the helmets are going to be great fathers & husbands one day because of Shane Jacobs. 

Lick your wounds & get over it. Union City just took the biggest butt whopping they’ve taken as long as I can remember. Good luck the rest of the way. Btw I do respect a lot of your posts. I think you’re pretty intelligent with most everything you say. 

1 hour ago, Bigsw02 said:

Well to answer your question yes you don’t allow the jv to score if you are that much better. That is exactly what our coach did when the jv went in against adamsville they could have potentially scored 2 or 3 more touchdowns.  He stopped them. 

Bowling loves running the score up.  Look at the scores of our games against other teams.  Coach hit the brakes in every game. You reap what you sow 

1 minute ago, Tide21 said:

Well to answer your question yes you don’t allow the jv to score if you are that much better. That is exactly what our coach did when the jv went in against adamsville they could have potentially scored 2 or 3 more touchdowns.  He stopped them. 

Bowling loves running the score up.  Look at the scores of our games against other teams.  Coach hit the brakes in every game. You reap what you sow 

Will until the last game of the year 

I went to this game with a buddy who coached for a long time. Before Peabody kicked the onsides, he predicted it. Then it happened! Like Swo, I didn’t think it was a good move. My buddy said if Union City would just play the game and quit kicking onside kicks, Peabody would sub and play the game straight up. I actually agree with him and understand why the coach did it. He wasn’t running the score up. He was trying to end the game, get his starters out. Union City made it difficult because they kept kicking onside kicks. I now agree with the decision. For Union City, if you feel the game was over, then you need to quit kicking onside kicks too.