Peabody @ Union City

FightingBlue0

I wasn't at the game and don't know the outcome of the Peabody onside kick or how aggressively Peabody's players pursued the ball. But I'm going to have to disagree with Mr Bigswo's and others evaluation of said onside kick. I am pretty sure most are misinterpreting the reasoning behind the kick. Coach Bowling's teams have onside kicked the ball many times over the years while being up BIG. None more than the 2014 team. We all know what kind of team that was. The reason, I believe, is to give the opposing team favorable field position. An act of Mercy, if you will. You can disagree with me or not, but that is my interpretation of that type of onside kick situation.

1 hour ago, GATNA said:

I wasn't at the game and don't know the outcome of the Peabody onside kick or how aggressively Peabody's players pursued the ball. But I'm going to have to disagree with Mr Bigswo's and others evaluation of said onside kick. I am pretty sure most are misinterpreting the reasoning behind the kick. Coach Bowling's teams have onside kicked the ball many times over the years while being up BIG. None more than the 2014 team. We all know what kind of team that was. The reason, I believe, is to give the opposing team favorable field position. An act of Mercy, if you will. You can disagree with me or not, but that is my interpretation of that type of onside kick situation.

Nah I really think he was trying to shorten the game by keeping the clock running under the mercy rule 

10 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

I wish you knew about this coach that you call a too.  He is the most respectful Christian man of a coach I have ever been around.  He loves those kids and they love him.  He has been a great role model for those boys and our community.  When we got our buts whipped by you guys, we just took the whooping and went home.  You have been a supporter of our team and we respect u and the UC program.  Please try to understand the circumstances of those calls.  Our guys were getting chopped blocked and head whipped all night.  It was time to get out of there and go home.  Good luck to UC the rest of the way. 

Was I sitting near the Gold doctor last night lol l. I’m trying to figure that out.

2 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I know Peabody is awesome but what has happened to Union City? Both times SP faced them they were awesome teams. 

They are still a good team. They have been having fumbling issues. They didn’t really against us. 

They are just a bit down on talent compared to years before but that is deceiving because they are in a good region. They are still better than a lot of teams in the state 

8 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

I know Peabody is awesome but what has happened to Union City? Both times SP faced them they were awesome teams. 

We did win state in 2017 made it to quarterfinals last year so still one of best programs in west TN. Peabody is phenomenal right now. Smaller schools definitely go through cycles. Right now we are a little down but still going to compete hard every Friday night. Our FB did go for 188 yards last night against the best D we’ve played all year. I think they’ve only had 14 points scored on them all year. Their O is unstoppable. 

Congratulations to you Peabody guys. I knew yall were good and last night you proved it. I dont think anybody in 2A will touch you. As to the question upstairs of what has happened to us, we just are having a year or 2 of rebuilding time. We still have good players, but we don't have the dominating overpowering ones we have had. So, the methodical clock eating time grinding drives don't happen as consistently as they have in past. They still happen just not as consistently. 

50 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

We needed to score again to make it 35 point deficit. So it is relevant we wanted the ball back 

That makes since now. As I stated I wasn't at the game and based on the posts it sounded as if the onside kick was done after the running clock started. 

Okay, I was a little miffed last night. Not because we were getting beat by a superior team. I made my statement and I stand by it. I just want to say congratulations to Peabody and the fans and friends I have made on the T. I can't see any team beating you. I was offensive in my comments and I apologise. Good luck to the Tidemen the rest of the way. Just keep doing what you do and you will see another championship

• Upvote 1