Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

1 hour ago, RTD said:

TC has played FC and Watertown is a region game . If Watertown was on Forrest schedule I guarantee the game wouldn’t go into overtime. Forrest isn’t not a top 5 team that’s funny. Their is Watertown, Meigs, Tyner, Peabody and TC and then the rest don’t matter. Nobody out of the West will beat Peabody and out of the East only 4 teams have a a chance at Cookville. Like I said name one team on Forrest schedule that is a top team in any classification. By the way, Forrest would get beat by Friendship Christian. No point in arguing with you when South Pitt is playing Meigs if you want to talk about TC come on Trousdale thread and then we can finish this conversation.

i guess the more recent forrest wins against meigs and tyner are irrelvent. and we are 2-2 with watertown since 2015. this is the same crap you guys spewed before we won those games. lots of bravado. little to back it up. like i said. incestuous. 

2 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

South Pitt's opponents have combined for a total of 9 wins, while Meigs' opponents have combined for a total of 13 wins. According to CoachT, they both have similar SOS (which is low because most 1A opponents are way below par). The South Pitt offense averages 52.2 points per game compared to 37.2 points for Meigs (played 1 more game than SP). However, the defensive numbers are pretty similar. SP gives up 5.4 points per game while Meigs gives up 5.2. 

Obviously there have been multiple games for both teams where starters were pulled early, but I like to compare the numbers to see how the teams stack up against one another. If Meigs wins this game, I believe they do it with their defense. The offenses for both teams are lethal, so it will come down to SP slowing Swafford down and maintaining eye discipline, and Meigs dealing with the misdirection and speed of SP (along with their newly developed passing game).

I'm gonna go with SP at home 27-21.

Old Pirate sees these two talented teams as a toss up. Mistakes will decide, SP home field advantage will be neutralized with the following the Tigers have. Hopeful for a injury free game fer both.

17 minutes ago, D60 said:

Hey guys. Meigs will be my last game for a while. I’ll be having prostrate surgery Oct. 14, and it’ll be a few weeks before I can handle the sidelines. I’m sure I’ll be good for Cookeville. Get those annual physicals so they can catch it early like they did mine. GO PIRATES!!!

good luck brother. i am prostate with grief over this as well 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Are you joking? I garuntee ive seen Pegleg land that plane up there in Kimball by Griders championship sign and I aint stepping foot with my Murphy Fair book in Pegleg plane.  You think im joking but im not. 

The plan is for you to jump out with Grider’s game ball. Jump or be pushed by PowerP. Just watch out for that tent that Drunken Sailor will be in, giving a interview to that Molder and Teat man. 

17 minutes ago, pegleg said:

The plan is for you to jump out with Grider’s game ball. Jump or be pushed by PowerP. Just watch out for that tent that Drunken Sailor will be in, giving a interview to that Molder and Teat man. 

I garuntee im having Grider put that main event man in the bathroom.  Ive seen your durn plane landings.  I garuntee im not getting in there with Griders balls and my Murphy Fair book.  You think im joking but im not. 

3 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

South Pitt's opponents have combined for a total of 9 wins, while Meigs' opponents have combined for a total of 13 wins. According to CoachT, they both have similar SOS (which is low because most 1A opponents are way below par). The South Pitt offense averages 52.2 points per game compared to 37.2 points for Meigs (played 1 more game than SP). However, the defensive numbers are pretty similar. SP gives up 5.4 points per game while Meigs gives up 5.2. 

Obviously there have been multiple games for both teams where starters were pulled early, but I like to compare the numbers to see how the teams stack up against one another. If Meigs wins this game, I believe they do it with their defense. The offenses for both teams are lethal, so it will come down to SP slowing Swafford down and maintaining eye discipline, and Meigs dealing with the misdirection and speed of SP (along with their newly developed passing game).

I'm gonna go with SP at home 27-21.

Points per game can be deceiving when one team tends to score alot more the second half compared to the other team being compared. Meigs tends to put on the brakes much sooner then our current opponent it would seem. I'd be curious to see what our ppg difference would be if we compared the first half points scored by both teams and then second half points scored by the same accord. South Pitt hasnt played anyone the caliber of Greenback so if you drop that game for us we have 14 points scored on us this season which is at least an honorable mention. If a game was dropped for Pitt it would be 6 or 7 points difference no matter the team. None of this matters obviously stats are only #s. But we could have drastically changed our ppg average scoring to around 60 or maybe around 70 honestly had we chosen not to play younger guys with a comfortable lead. This is just food for thought.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate sees these two talented teams as a toss up. Mistakes will decide, SP home field advantage will be neutralized with the following the Tigers have. Hopeful for a injury free game fer both.

It will be a good game I have no doubts. Having a bye week both teams have to be overcome with excitement. I'm like you though injury free is what makes this game worth doing as in the long run its bragging rights only.

39 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

I garuntee im having Grider put that main event man in the bathroom.  Ive seen your durn plane landings.  I garuntee im not getting in there with Griders balls and my Murphy Fair book.  You think im joking but im not. 

In the bathroom???  What kind of mess is this??   I may have Coach Grider shut off your back door to the stadium Friday Night, Roy....   You think I'm joking but I'm not...

1 hour ago, D60 said:

Hey guys. Meigs will be my last game for a while. I’ll be having prostrate surgery Oct. 14, and it’ll be a few weeks before I can handle the sidelines. I’m sure I’ll be good for Cookeville. Get those annual physicals so they can catch it early like they did mine. GO PIRATES!!!

Hope all goes well, friend....   Hollar at us Friday Night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D60 said:

I’ll be sending prayers for you from greenback 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, D60 said:

Glad you can make one more man before surgery. Pray for a swift recovery for you and hope this next game is enough to hold you off till your return.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Points per game can be deceiving when one team tends to score alot more the second half compared to the other team being compared. Meigs tends to put on the brakes much sooner then our current opponent it would seem. I'd be curious to see what our ppg difference would be if we compared the first half points scored by both teams and then second half points scored by the same accord. South Pitt hasnt played anyone the caliber of Greenback so if you drop that game for us we have 14 points scored on us this season which is at least an honorable mention. If a game was dropped for Pitt it would be 6 or 7 points difference no matter the team. None of this matters obviously stats are only #s. But we could have drastically changed our ppg average scoring to around 60 or maybe around 70 honestly had we chosen not to play younger guys with a comfortable lead. This is just food for thought.

South Pittsburg doesnt score alot of 2nd half Points. Our Starters are pulled early. We have only had 7 Points scored on our 1st Team defense. We are usually up 40+ by halftime.