Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

4 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Alright lets talk some Tigers and Pirates football situations and keys to the game of the week !!!

1.Swafford is big and fast and very high football IQ, can SP gang takle when he comes out of the pocket to extend plays or run the ball ?

2. Meigs run defense is very stout but have they seen the stable of backs that mix alot of speed and some size and will be fresh from the amount of depth. !!

3. SP has alot of team speed can Meigs as a team match this or scheme to handle SP speed ?

4. SP will be the most balanced offensive team Meigs has faced to this point will that allow SP to stretch out the Tigers D and exploit any parts of it ?

5. Do one or both teams come out flat after the time off ???

If anyone believes Meigs only has Swafford they are VERY wrong and they have weapons evertwhere !! This game will imo come down to what it always does in amy game "IT STARTS AND ENDS IN THE TRENCHES"

6. Can stupid people reply to questions asked and not bring up teams not listed in this thread header ???And or give their opinion on something that happened in 1665 ?!!!!

When we played them in 1948 ...

1. We can usually get to the ball and gang tackle.  The problem is that if we focus too much on Swafford then we can get beat by others.  But getting to Swafford is where it starts.  We can't sell out the pass through and stop his rushing.  Otherwise he will set records through the air.  

4. SP may be the most balanced team that Meigs has faced, but Meigs is the most balanced AND by far best team that SP has faced all season.  Meigs has had a couple of tests so far.  We may have had one quiz.  

5. Being flat is something that I am worried about.  I think though that the atmosphere will charge up anyone that isn't exactly ready to go.  

30 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

Alright lets talk some Tigers and Pirates football situations and keys to the game of the week !!!

1.Swafford is big and fast and very high football IQ, can SP gang takle when he comes out of the pocket to extend plays or run the ball ?

2. Meigs run defense is very stout but have they seen the stable of backs that mix alot of speed and some size and will be fresh from the amount of depth. !!

3. SP has alot of team speed can Meigs as a team match this or scheme to handle SP speed ?

4. SP will be the most balanced offensive team Meigs has faced to this point will that allow SP to stretch out the Tigers D and exploit any parts of it ?

5. Do one or both teams come out flat after the time off ???

If anyone believes Meigs only has Swafford they are VERY wrong and they have weapons evertwhere !! This game will imo come down to what it always does in amy game "IT STARTS AND ENDS IN THE TRENCHES"

6. Can stupid people reply to questions asked and not bring up teams not listed in this thread header ???And or give their opinion on something that happened in 1665 ?!!!!

Lol good post bud, especially the responding to threads that happened during the Old West, I'll do better.

34 minutes ago, CaptainLongbeard said:

Why bother with wasting your time counting the pages? I picked up on some of that stuff as well but I’m not counting lol. I watched some highlights of this kid from Meigs. He is the real deal. We better slow him down if we want to have a shot to win this game. 

Captain i watched ton of footage of that kid and in person he is a whole different animal!Very hard to tackle because of his size,speed is very adequate not the fastest but can see the field well.Football IQ is what you would expect from a D-1 player they are usually on another level by nature.You guys have alot of gifted kids and should give them a heck of a game.If it were at Meigs i take them hands down but at Beene that makes it tough.I havent seen any Pitt footage so im not making a bold prediction right yet.

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

When we played them in 1948 ...

1. We can usually get to the ball and gang tackle.  The problem is that if we focus too much on Swafford then we can get beat by others.  But getting to Swafford is where it starts.  We can't sell out the pass through and stop his rushing.  Otherwise he will set records through the air.  

4. SP may be the most balanced team that Meigs has faced, but Meigs is the most balanced AND by far best team that SP has faced all season.  Meigs has had a couple of tests so far.  We may have had one quiz.  

5. Being flat is something that I am worried about.  I think though that the atmosphere will charge up anyone that isn't exactly ready to go.  

Very good post brother, 

1_ You are right, we have a couple backs who are beginning to peak at the right time, has loads of yards against our last few opponents giving Swafford a break. Most teams are so focused on him when we use a different back or someone else they havent seen they respond as though we cheated or I cant believe that just happened. Solely due to the fact they werent expecting it.

4_Greenback was a monster as far as a passing team went. We held them to -1 yards rushing on 11 carries. At the time they said they had not established a run game. We still played them like they did with the intent to pick off long yardage plays if and when we could. If your offense is potent as theirs what a game this will be.

5_ I've never seen Meigs come out flat after a bye week if anything it's just the opposite from what I can remember. This team all year plays like it's their final game and its losers out. If we fell behind any, they gear up. That's what I've seen this year. I cant wait.

Edited by Imthayeti

4 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

But where is they at? Sorta not the same without Barney stroking the other teams ego, Eraser not screaming, “Get Your Mind Right” or Pegleg not updating us fellers on his flight routes. 

Rather him tell us how our socks are gonna be laying all over the field where they have been knocked off. We will bring extra pairs just in case. Tick tock folks its coming. 8-)

Edited by Imthayeti

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Sure haven't bud, not much of a basketball fan. Became a Meigs football fan since my boys played. Decided to keep supporting. Alot of good people I've met there over the years.

39 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

Two crazy games

Two of the best HS basketball games I may have ever seen...It seems Meigs is as talented in football now as those basketball teams were then.

11 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Two of the best HS basketball games I may have ever seen...It seems Meigs is as talented in football now as those basketball teams were then.

I enjoy the sport, just helps if I know the kids playing. I did go to a boys basketball game a few years back and they were very good as well. Over the years since I married into a Meigs locationed family I've seen they have had stellar softball teams a great year or 2 of boys and girls basketball and some great years of football. I came from Madisonville so this kind of sports tradition wasnt something i was accustomed too, but I will say I thoroughly enjoy it. Appreciate the nod bud. I really hope we see your team in the playoffs. The only region 1 team I've not seen us play against.