Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Rather him tell us how our socks are gonna be laying all over the field where they have been knocked off. We will bring extra pairs just in case. Tick tock folks its coming. 8-)

Old Pirate expects a dandy. The undersized Pirates better eat a HEEP of Wheaties to prepare and hopefully the Tigers need fer PF Flyers will be evident

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Respectable post bud, gonna be a good game regardless of who wins. Hope to meet a couple of you folks before the game of theres time. Traffic going that way on a Friday is normally horrendous.

I think I like the fired up yeti. I’m enjoying reading the banter :mrgreen:

Just now, Tide21 said:

I think I like the fired up yeti. I’m enjoying reading the banter :mrgreen:

Lol, nah man this is just fun it's the way it should be. This should be a whopper of a game and I have to say I like our chances. Every one of their posters have pretty much stated they think they will pull it out. I've just seen enough out of this team of Meigs to know what it would take to beat us. I havent seen it yet. Although I'll admit I've only seen very small clips of SP this year.

All the questions will be answered in time...  I’ve seen some SP stuff and they are fast. They are also fundamental and defensively they fly around. WR is tough and QB can throw it around. Meigs will need to be ready early for the speed. Haven’t seen any like SP has this year. Biggest question is how Meigs OLine holds up. It’s a game played by boys & men. Which team will be which?

3 minutes ago, Turu said:

All the questions will be answered in time...  I’ve seen some SP stuff and they are fast. They are also fundamental and defensively they fly around. WR is tough and QB can throw it around. Meigs will need to be ready early for the speed. Haven’t seen any like SP has this year. Biggest question is how Meigs OLine holds up. It’s a game played by boys & men. Which team will be which?

:popcorneater:

Meigs typically plays no one in the regular season, unless you count Rockwood as a tough out. This year with Greenback and SP is the exception.

They do every year exactly what their fans accuse Forrest of. Flame out in the post season. 

Then when they actually played Forrest in the playoffs, they lost. So they go back to ranting about mercy rules. Theyve been the stepchild to Marion for the most part, and they are at best the 3rd best team in the East- Trousdsale and Watertown would both beat them. R2 isnt exactly Murderer's row. 

27 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I enjoy the sport, just helps if I know the kids playing. I did go to a boys basketball game a few years back and they were very good as well. Over the years since I married into a Meigs locationed family I've seen they have had stellar softball teams a great year or 2 of boys and girls basketball and some great years of football. I came from Madisonville so this kind of sports tradition wasnt something i was accustomed too, but I will say I thoroughly enjoy it. Appreciate the nod bud. I really hope we see your team in the playoffs. The only region 1 team I've not seen us play against.

NOTHING like small town sports! We have a lot to improve on and we're young in spots....But we're playing good right now, so we'll see 

1 hour ago, uknoit2 said:

Two of the best HS basketball games I may have ever seen...It seems Meigs is as talented in football now as those basketball teams were then.

You could say I was pretty close to the program during that time. Round one nearly gave me a heart attack. I think round two took about ten years off my life. 
Football is probably better Now than basketball was during that time (outside of our state runner up team). Respect to Hampton. 

11 minutes ago, TigerGoat said:

You could say I was pretty close to the program during that time. Round one nearly gave me a heart attack. I think round two took about ten years off my life. 
Football is probably better Now than basketball was during that time (outside of our state runner up team). Respect to Hampton. 

I noticed a few new gray hairs myself...That boy of mine set out the first half of  each basketball season '15 & '16 due to broke ankle in '15 and femur fracture in '16 (both from football)....He had had a couple challenges up to Meigs, but those 15 & 16 games were 4-qtr, grind it out barn burners...He had a blast

Edited by uknoit2