Meigs at South Pitt

Meeru

20 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

South Pitt's opponents have combined for a total of 9 wins, while Meigs' opponents have combined for a total of 13 wins. According to CoachT, they both have similar SOS (which is low because most 1A opponents are way below par). The South Pitt offense averages 52.2 points per game compared to 37.2 points for Meigs (played 1 more game than SP). However, the defensive numbers are pretty similar. SP gives up 5.4 points per game while Meigs gives up 5.2. 

Obviously there have been multiple games for both teams where starters were pulled early, but I like to compare the numbers to see how the teams stack up against one another. If Meigs wins this game, I believe they do it with their defense. The offenses for both teams are lethal, so it will come down to SP slowing Swafford down and maintaining eye discipline, and Meigs dealing with the misdirection and speed of SP (along with their newly developed passing game).

I'm gonna go with SP at home 27-21.

Actually South Pittsburg is giving up 5.4 and Meigs is giving up 5.7

You fellers are putting up some good reading material fer this feller Bart. I swer Fitzgerald’s gonna be eatin some of that Pittsburgh cornbread on the sidelines. I tried to get that Swafford boy down to the Hiwassee river so I could help him practice sinkin boats. Heard we’s Gonna try to sink a boat Friday? i reckon that Swafford boy’s too busy resting his cannon. I bet I could get that Meadows boy out here though 

8 minutes ago, Bart said:

You fellers are putting up some good reading material fer this feller Bart. I swer Fitzgerald’s gonna be eatin some of that Pittsburgh cornbread on the sidelines. I tried to get that Swafford boy down to the Hiwassee river so I could help him practice sinkin boats. Heard we’s Gonna try to sink a boat Friday? i reckon that Swafford boy’s too busy resting his cannon. I bet I could get that Meadows boy out here though 

There is no H in Pittsburg.

Meigs ability to stop the run may be a factor.  They held Greenback to negative rushing yardage on the game and they held Clinton way below their season average.  I think that matchup may be the most interesting thing to watch this game.   Another reason I expect to see some new wrinkles from Coach Grider in the way of Tipton being used at some capacity on that side of the ball...

3 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Meigs ability to stop the run may be a factor.  They held Greenback to negative rushing yardage on the game and they held Clinton way below their season average.  I think that matchup may be the most interesting thing to watch this game.   Another reason I expect to see some new wrinkles from Coach Grider in the way of Tipton being used at some capacity on that side of the ball...

From memory, Greenback had -1

Clinton had 90 with 35 Carrie's. 

Cumberland Gap had negative

Rockwood had negative

Sweetwater had 60 I think.

I'd say McMinn Central had Negative. Never saw stats.