Covington @ Milan week 7

CHARGERFAN

21 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I do not base anything on the glorified dress rehearsal. The jamboree means nothing, shows nothing, and is not a gauge to see where your program is. 

So do you think their defense is better than Peabody’s ?  I’m just curious what you think

hopefully milan gets their offensive problems worked out or maybe they are worked out. They put up several points against Huntingdon 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

So do you think their defense is better than Peabody’s ?  I’m just curious what you think

hopefully milan gets their offensive problems worked out or maybe they are worked out. They put up several points against Huntingdon 

I could not answer the question honestly.... I just can not. 

I remember a fewSGC " beat " the tide in the jamboree and looked really really good. I thought to myself wow we are going to have a great team this year. NOT! The tide went on to win a gold ball and SGC went like 5-6 or something. 

I am not discounting the Tide's defense because like I said it is just a final dress rehearsal for the kids. 

In regards to Milan's D they have given us the most problems moving the ball this year. They have some sure fired studs lined up on that side of the ball and they really made it tough on us to get in front and stay in front of the chains. That's just my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I've been watching a lot of Covingtons games on YouTube. Boy that defense is nasty. Winfrey and Scott are the best LB duo I've seen in a good while. I just don't see milan scoring much. Covington wins 

Yeah I watched a couple of their games on YouTube. They are all around good 

Cal_preps Project_a_matchup has these results projected for tomorrow's games in 7-3A

3A REGION 7
Covington (TN) at Milan (TN), 7:00pm   
[projection: Covington (TN) 28-8]
Bolivar Central (Bolivar, TN) at McNairy Central (Selmer, TN), 7:00pm   [projection: McNairy Central (Selmer, TN) 48-13]
South Gibson (Medina, TN) vs. Westview (Martin, TN) at TBA, 7:00pm   [projection: South Gibson (Medina, TN) 38-34]

On 10/2/2019 at 3:21 PM, ManOfMillions said:

Also, the only team that Covington has played this year with a winning record is Westview and Munford ( both are 4-3). Westview has proven NOT to be the state title contender some pinned them as being early in the season. 

There is still a lot of football left to be played. Covington has yet to play the meat of their schedule. They have Milan, SGC, and McScary left to play. 

Lastly, I think Covington is favored to win all of those contests. Covington could also lose all 3 of those. 

Westview is 4 and 2 right now.

I don't mean this to sound negative toward Milan but this particular team is nowhere near as good as teams they had in the past. They seem to rely on the qb to much and it doesn't seem they have much of a run game. The offensive line seems to get pushed around some. Milan's defense is average to slightly above average this year. The qb is a special player and they can throw the ball pretty good. I would like to see them develop a solid run game like the teams of old. I'm afraid Covington will win this one pretty big. Hopefully I am wrong and it will be a great game.

On 10/2/2019 at 12:01 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

I am avoiding the temptation to talk about future games. I want my Chargers to focus on just Milan this week. Because of that, I’ll do the same. 

If I decide to eat supper in Milan, what place do y’all suggest? I’ve got BBQ in Tipton County and I don’t like sushi. Give me a tip.

The Chargers should take care of Milan tonight.

Half the fun of traveling to away football games, or just traveling in general, is finding a good or unique place to eat.  Milan must not have any!  I haven’t seen a single response to your question asking for suggestions. 

I have eaten at the Chow Wagon before, but that was years ago.  It was okay then, but I don’t know about now.

https://www.chowwagonofmilan.com/#/

I will say that your comment about having BBQ in Tipton County has given me a suggestion.  I haven't been to Bozo's in a while. 

Somebody told me Hig's Restaurant is good. Buffet with home-cooked food. I'm gonna try that. Nobody on here mentioned it. Maybe they are keeping it secret.

And, stacmot, Bozo's is a great place to eat again. It's been sold a couple of times. One owner let it go down, but the current owner has brought it back to the level I expect from Bozo's. I found a new item on the menu last week - blackened catfish. It was good, too.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

57 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Somebody told me Hig's Restaurant is good. Buffet with home-cooked food. I'm gonna try that. Nobody on here mentioned it. Maybe they are keeping it secret.

And, stacmot, Bozo's is a great place to eat again. It's been sold a couple of times. One owner let it go down, but the current owner has brought it back to the level I expect from Bozo's. I found a new item on the menu last week - blackened catfish. It was good, too.

I would highly recommend smoking hot BBQ. Its right on the main drag of town. About a mile from the stadium.