Covington @ Milan week 7

CHARGERFAN

On 9/29/2019 at 5:30 PM, CHARGERFAN said:

Well, I just saw that Huntington had a back rush for 290 yards and 4 TD's Friday against Milan. That doesn't sound like a great Milan defense there.

Covington had over 500 yards rushing versus Ripley. Mr. Football nominee Marcus Hayes had nearly 300 yards and 4 TD's himself against Ripley, and the Chargers have a couple of other backs besides Hayes. 

How does that Milan D sound now???

On 10/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, JoeBlow777 said:

Covington wins going away this week. I really hoped that Milan, SG, Westview, McNairy, or someone would give Covington a run this year. I thought this was the year Milan would get them, but I just don't see it happening. I am honestly getting sick of going that far west to watch them play. I guess I could stay home during the playoffs, but I love to watch good high school football. 

I guess you got your wish tonight. :)

On 10/3/2019 at 11:22 AM, CHARGERFAN said:

Here's my evaluation of the Covington team:

Defense -Covington All State linebacker Caleb Winfrey is out. But, he didn't play last week against Ripley and Ripley could only score 7 points. This is a better defense in 2019 than Covington had in 2017 or 2018, as I see it.

Offense - Covington's offense is built around All State running back Marcus Hayes. But, new on the scene this year is freshman RB Jamarion Dowell. Either of these guys have the speed to take it to the house on any given play. In addition, Covington has two or three other backs who could probably start for most teams. With this stable of runners, the young Charger QB, Carson Ruffin, is able to just hand the ball off, and only throw the ball 2 or 3 times per game. 

Special Teams - Covington's special teams has made it really tough on punters this year. The rush on the punter has resulted in snaps over the punters head, blocked punts, fumbles, etc. The Chargers have done well covering K.O.'s and punts, without giving up that big return. 

How about one of you Milan fans giving us a breakdown on Milan?

My break down is this...... Milan wins 14-7. 

On 10/3/2019 at 4:05 PM, lakecounty1968 said:

I don't mean this to sound negative toward Milan but this particular team is nowhere near as good as teams they had in the past. They seem to rely on the qb to much and it doesn't seem they have much of a run game. The offensive line seems to get pushed around some. Milan's defense is average to slightly above average this year. The qb is a special player and they can throw the ball pretty good. I would like to see them develop a solid run game like the teams of old. I'm afraid Covington will win this one pretty big. Hopefully I am wrong and it will be a great game.

Do you still think our D is average to slightly above average??

• Upvote 1