Covington @ Milan week 7

CHARGERFAN

2 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Great win BPM!

Us GOONS are happy for ya!!:thumb:

Thanks bro. I ain’t gonna lie. Covington is STOUT. They are still a great team. I think not having Lomax limits them cause they are not gonna get vertical on you. But their defense is still great and the Hayes kid at running back is definitely a Mr. Football candidate. They will be a huge player in the playoffs. 

55 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

There is no doubt about that. Milan shut out Covington for the whole game after giving up a TD on the return of the opening kickoff. I lost count of how many times the Milan D stopped the Chargers on fourth and one. 

Milan earned that win by outplaying Covington. 

I can’t really put any basis behind it, but I have never seen a team that took the opening kickoff to the house actually win that game. I’ve seen it happen on all levels of the game. Weird I know, just crazy how that always seem to be the case. 

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The best team on that field last night won. Another day may be a different story.  But that was the case last night. 

Oh no doubt Milan was the better team last night. Just felt like a situation of if they played 10 times Covington would win 8 of them and last night was one of the other 2.

9 hours ago, WestTnFootball13 said:

This just seemed to me like a game the better team didn’t show up to play and got beat by an inferior opponent. Maybe the best thing for Covington as im sure they’ll come prepared every game from now on. Hats off to Milan. That defense is special.

inferior??....Cov's weak early schedule caught up with them....

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Thank you for the kind words. I think it was something like 4 stops on 4th down. Absolutely crazy!!  Just curious but where did you end up eating pregame??

Hig's. The buffet was good. I have such good BBQ at Bozo's (5 miles from my house) that I didn't want to drive that far and eat BBQ. Had dinner with Dan Bland ( former Milan coach and my high school classmate). 

10 hours ago, WestTnFootball13 said:

This just seemed to me like a game the better team didn’t show up to play and got beat by an inferior opponent. Maybe the best thing for Covington as im sure they’ll come prepared every game from now on. Hats off to Milan. That defense is special.

I got laughed at when I said it. I hate Milan and hope the lose every game. I just called it like I saw it. 

30 minutes ago, WestTnFootball13 said:

Oh no doubt Milan was the better team last night. Just felt like a situation of if they played 10 times Covington would win 8 of them and last night was one of the other 2.

Nope, I disagree. I believe it’s probably more like 50/50. It’s a matchup situation. Covington’s D is still stout but losing Winfrey has made them more permeable for sure, he was a horse. Now on offense, all it takes is a fast and physical defense with a good coach (ie Milan). Covington is not the vertical threat they were with Lomax at all. If you put 9 in the box with him behind center, he could make you pay and he could also run. This QB is not as mobile and his arm is not as strong taking away that threat. Milan stacked the box and blitz all night. They were in the backfield many times before the ball was exchanged. Being one dimensional against a good defense is not good and Milan has a fast stingy defense. Number 9 was all over. This is gonna be Covington’s achilles. Most of the time the talent is too much and we outrun the D. But teams like Milan, PC, SG, and definitely Alcoa would expose the lack of a pass game and the weakness of the wing-T (blitz right behind the pulling guards). Congrats to Milan on a great win! And I hope this game motivates Covington the rest of the way. Go Chargers!

Edited by 00Chargers

54 minutes ago, 00Chargers said:

Nope, I disagree. I believe it’s probably more like 50/50. It’s a matchup situation. Covington’s D is still stout but losing Winfrey has made them more permeable for sure, he was a horse. Now on offense, all it takes is a fast and physical defense with a good coach (ie Milan). Covington is not the vertical threat they were with Lomax at all. If you put 9 in the box with him behind center, he could make you pay and he could also run. This QB is not as mobile and his arm is not as strong taking away that threat. Milan stacked the box and blitz all night. They were in the backfield many times before the ball was exchanged. Being one dimensional against a good defense is not good and Milan has a fast stingy defense. Number 9 was all over. This is gonna be Covington’s achilles. Most of the time the talent is too much and we outrun the D. But teams like Milan, PC, SG, and definitely Alcoa would expose the lack of a pass game and the weakness of the wing-T (blitz right behind the pulling guards). Congrats to Milan on a great win! And I hope this game motivates Covington the rest of the way. Go Chargers!

Well done sir! 

I completely agree. Covington has the athletes to hand with most teams in the state. They are going to be a force in the playoffs but, when you are so 1 dimensional it makes it hard for the chargers to move the ball against top tier teams that have linebackers and linemen to match the physical nature of them. When you coach the kids up to follow the guards and disrupt plays in the back field it makes nearly impossible to run that style offense with much success. The chargers front 7 can bully most of teams they play but, it looks like the Bulldogs had the boys up front that would not get pushed around. just my 2 cents. 

12 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Well done sir! 

I completely agree. Covington has the athletes to hand with most teams in the state. They are going to be a force in the playoffs but, when you are so 1 dimensional it makes it hard for the chargers to move the ball against top tier teams that have linebackers and linemen to match the physical nature of them. When you coach the kids up to follow the guards and disrupt plays in the back field it makes nearly impossible to run that style offense with much success. The chargers front 7 can bully most of teams they play but, it looks like the Bulldogs had the boys up front that would not get pushed around. just my 2 cents. 

Exactly!