PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

footballover

14 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

It sounds like that game was closer than the score reflects.

No it wasn't.  lol  Fayetteville was plugging freshman very early in the 3rd.  Lots of them.  Early 4th I counted 7 freshmen playing defense.  They have been doing that all year.  We could have the 55-0 blowout games too but that is not what coach chooses.  He chooses game time experience for the younger guys.  I like that better myself than the blowouts.

2 minutes ago, 93grad said:

No it wasn't.  lol  Fayetteville was plugging freshman very early in the 3rd.  Lots of them.  Early 4th I counted 7 freshmen playing defense.  They have been doing that all year.  We could have the 55-0 blowout games too but that is not what coach chooses.  He chooses game time experience for the younger guys.  I like that better myself than the blowouts.

That’s good that coach chooses to give the younger guys reps! That Will only help the program in the future. 

Edited by TheCommander

4 minutes ago, 93grad said:

The Fayetteville coach was making substitutions to prepare players to play, not let off the gas.  It was NEVER in mercy rule mode with a running clock.  It was 34 -14 at one point in the 4th qrt.  That should have been the score if Fayetteville started the 2nd team.

Edited by rlh

24 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

It does me too, to be a Basin boy I hate to say this but it is going to be very hard for anyone to beat the Pirates this year, too many good football players. 

From what I've heard/read I'd have to agree.  Hate to compare opponents, but SP dispatched Huntland easily.  It was a struggle for FHS from the start (Huntland easily could have come out on top).

Huntland seems to have two teams this year. A good one and a bad one. 

Date   Opponent   Result
 Fri Aug. 23 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif #9 Eagleville

L 13-19
 Fri Aug. 30 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif Jo Byrns

W 35-8
 Fri Sep. 6 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at #2 Fayetteville R

L 14-20
 Fri Sep. 13 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Cascade

W 30-6
 Fri Sep. 20 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif at #4 South Pittsburg

L 7-53
 Fri Sep. 27 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Lookout Valley