PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

footballover

5 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Crazy to think that a very good Gibson County team at 6-4 will miss the playoffs barring an upset over Peabody..  Safe to say the odds of that happening 2 years in a row are VERY low.

A few regions have that issue due to 5 or 6 solids teams. Then you have other regions that send teams to playoffs with 2 or 3 wins because they only have 4 or 5 teams total in the region. 

2 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

A few regions have that issue due to 5 or 6 solids teams. Then you have other regions that send teams to playoffs with 2 or 3 wins because they only have 4 or 5 teams total in the region. 

Yes, that was one of the few features I liked about the old "Z" plan.  You didn't see any 3 and 4 seeds in the region with losing records make the post season. 

4 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Memphis East last year was probably the worse I've ever seen.  Only scored 6 points all year and were shut out 9 times, but received a post season bid.   CRAZY

Teams like that normally don't even want a playoff game from what I've seen.

21 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

That's just the nature of the beast.

Another decent Region 5 team will not make the playoffs.   Possibly Mt Pleasant.  But with all they had returning have no one to blame but themselves. 

I'm not a fan of the Zplan.  I make no bones about it.  I'd rather see teams make the playoffs according to the games the TSSAA mandates they HAVE to play instead of teams scrambling to find easy wins.

Not a perfect format and honestly what would be?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Another decent Region 5 team will not make the playoffs.   Possibly Mt Pleasant.  But with all they had returning have no one to blame but themselves. 

I'm not a fan of the Zplan.  I make no bones about it.  I'd rather see teams make the playoffs according to the games the TSSAA mandates they HAVE to play instead of teams scrambling to find easy wins.

I agree also,heard a "coach" talking about scheduling a team he KNEW wouldnt have enough to play instead of finding another just so the numbers worked out for him....Sad and i told him i thought it was stupid to tske away a game from the Srs just to make sure they made the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Southtowner said:

You may be right.  You know more about that region than I do.  I'm thinking Westmoreland should be the favorite.  At least on the computer models.  

They should be I thought they would have finish 3rd in the region this year. But ER best Westmoreland with their best player playing injured I don't know what's going on in Westmoreland this year but it hasn't been good for the past few weeks.

9 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Who is 1-4 in Region 5