PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS

footballover

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Outside of Fayetteville at the 1 seed and the way the rest of the region is playing down the stretch it's a cluster to say the least.

So Richland doesn’t have a shot at being top 4? I mean I know they do with a win next week at huntland but give us the run down for them to get in any other way please sir

1 minute ago, justagoodoleboy said:

So Richland doesn’t have a shot at being top 4? I mean I know they do with a win next week at huntland but give us the run down for them to get in any other way please sir

No other way for Richland to get in unless they beat Huntland.  

I haven't looked at all the scenarios and the tie breakers where Richland will stand with a win over Huntland.

8 hours ago, justagoodoleboy said:

Oh wow.. that is crazy. Not likely but a Mt.P loss to Moore next week wouldn’t change that up either would it? 

No.  Its gonna take a win over Huntland to have a shot at making the playoffs. 

Fayetteville has 5 region wins and the 1 seed.

Cornersville has 3 region wins.

Huntland has 2 region wins.

And the Moore County/Mt Pleasant winner will have 2 region wins.

Only 1 region win in Region 5 Class 1A won't cut it.

If Richland wins over Huntland and Moore County wins over Mt Pleasant then Richland, Moore County and Huntland will be tied for 3rd.  In this scenario Richland will get the 3 seed by head to head over both Huntland and Moore County.  And Moore County then would take 4th by head to head over Huntland.    And Cornersville gets the 2 seed.

Seems to me everyone is trying to play for 3rd and someone will mess around and miss the boat.  

40 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

If Richland wins over Huntland and Moore County wins over Mt Pleasant then Richland, Moore County and Huntland will be tied for 3rd.  In this scenario Richland will get the 3 seed by head to head over both Huntland and Moore County.  And Moore County then would take 4th by head to head over Huntland.    And Cornersville gets the 2 seed.

Seems to me everyone is trying to play for 3rd and someone will mess around and miss the boat.  

:popcorneater:

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

i remember at the beginning of the season Mike Molder and Lee Teat of Friday Main Event said this will be the most competitive and contested region for playoff spots. Any given Friday night.

this region may not have a team with a losing record at the end of the season.

Go Tigers

10 minutes ago, junglefan said:

i remember at the beginning of the season Mike Molder and Lee Teat of Friday Main Event said this will be the most competitive and contested region for playoff spots. Any given Friday night.

this region may not have a team with a losing record at the end of the season.

Go Tigers

Be thankful you've got an competitive region. Huntingdon has run the clock on every team in region 6 and that's not good. Milan is the only game our starters have played a whole game against and that ain't good either.

24 minutes ago, TheCommander said:

I haven’t seen Fayetteville play, it’s possible but I highly doubt it. The Pirates are rolling.

Whitwell was moving the ball on them at times and had a big completion called back.  The Red Tyger defensive made a couple of stops on Fayetteville and forced 2 or 3 punts.