2A polls 9-30-19

Yeti

Alot of really good teams left to fight it out. If Watertown beats Upperman the qtrs and Semis will be brutal again for the East, and wide open. I'd say we are all 3 same caliber teams with a slight edge to Meigs in offense for the 3. No offense folks just how I see that.

Edited by Imthayeti

5 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Alot of really good teams left to fight it out. If Watertown beats Upperman the qtrs and Semis will be brutal again for the East.

Watertown's schedule is no joke. Did any 2A team schedule out of region games tougher than Nolensville and Upperman this season? Greenback and SPitt may be next toughest. 

20 minutes ago, Salem said:

Watertown's schedule is no joke. Did any 2A team schedule out of region games tougher than Nolensville and Upperman this season? Greenback and SPitt may be next toughest. 

Not sure if you've kept up with Greenback, but they would be top 4 or 5 in 2A if they were there as well if not higher. Oneida also has a tough schedule. Meigs, Greenback, Upperman... Meigs is a region game for them but they are playing top 5 teams in 1, 2, 3A. They will be tested when we play them and definitely come playoff time.

Edited by Imthayeti
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Not sold on GP yet,First game of year with Hampton and you never know how the first game of the year will go sometimes and think Hampton would make a decent game if played now.Just going on comparable teams GP looks alot like OS.I have watched some GP footage they have some big boys but lack in alot of areas.Their schedule should give them a 1 loss record if they are as good as you think AE just is not real good this year and Kingston is way down again.OS whipped Kingston and beat Northview worse than GP.This is all i can go on till GP plays a good team and AE is the only thing close other than a mercy rule to Alcoa.JMO tho.

Agree Hampton would give them a better game but if they played 10 times,think Hampton would lose all 10. Shoot Hampton had 300 rushing yards the 1st time. I'm sold on um ,just not Alcoa good.

1 hour ago, Imthayeti said:

Not sure if you've kept up with Greenback, but they would be top 4 or 5 in 2A if they were there as well if not higher. Oneida also has a tough schedule. Meigs, Greenback, Upperman... Meigs is a region game for them but they are playing top 5 teams in 1, 2, 3A. They will be tested when we play them and definitely come playoff time.

According to Sonnie, Nolensville is the state's 2nd best 4A team and Upperman is #6 in 3A. Throw in 4A White House along with Trousdale County in region play and the Purple Tigers will be tested come playoff time. 

7 minutes ago, Salem said:

According to Sonnie, Nolensville is the state's 2nd best 4A team and Upperman is #6 in 3A. Throw in 4A White House along with Trousdale County in region play and the Purple Tigers will be tested come playoff time. 

Yes they will. Alot of the East scheduled better, harder teams anyway this year. The Upperman and Watertown game will be a dandy

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yes they will. Alot of the East scheduled better, harder teams anyway this year. The Upperman and Watertown game will be a dandy

Tyner scheduled not only Alcoa, but also Division II-AA Baylor (ranked #3). Will probably end regular season either 8-2 or 7-3. I don't believe there is a 2A team any tougher than those two teams!!

2 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Tyner scheduled not only Alcoa, but also Division II-AA Baylor (ranked #3). Will probably end regular season either 8-2 or 7-3. I don't believe there is a 2A team any tougher than those two teams!!

There is definitely no 2 tougher games than those, but in my opinion there is a difference between scheduling games against tougher teams who you might lose to but will compete and have a chance to be in the game and playing teams that will beat you to a pulp. I may be by myself in this but just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Grizzly478 said:

There is definitely no 2 tougher games than those, but in my opinion there is a difference between scheduling games against tougher teams who you might lose to but will compete and have a chance to be in the game and playing teams that will beat you to a pulp. I may be by myself in this but just my opinion.

I respect your opinion. Good point!