Glencliff reported to be ending football this season

nrgrizzlies

27 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

I had forgotten that Glencliff was the 5A Runners Up in 1999. My how things have changed. 

Many things can change over the course of 20 years.  MNPS system is so messed up that while it could be fixed it would take a miracle.  Nashville is much like St. Louis, Missouri  and Cincinnati, Ohio in that families look to attend a private school or move outside the county in search of a much better a safer school system.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

That kinda makes since. What about sumner and Rutherford? They always have Nashville kids playing.

I've always heard when kids get kicked out of MNPS, they end up at LaVergne. I don't have any first hand knowledge and cannot validate. I do not believe Rutherford Co has any type of tuition requirements. 

I only know about Williamson's tuition because I know 2 Rutherford Co kids who attended Centennial and Independence. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 6:54 AM, FBfan26 said:

I've never heard of this. I learned something new but seriously don't think that works in middle tn

Lots of places do it.

Trousdale County started doing it this year. Kids can pay and come from out of county.

Its kind of like an arms race between countries. You may not want to do it or be doing it but if your opponent is doing it then they have to in order to keep up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, steelcityroller said:

Lots of places do it.

Trousdale County started doing it this year. Kids can pay and come from out of county.

Its kind of like an arms race between countries. You may not want to do it or be doing it but if your opponent is doing it then they have to in order to keep up.

Only way some programs will be able to keep up with the elite programs that get high profile transfers

On 10/11/2019 at 9:45 AM, GoPats2019 said:

I've always heard when kids get kicked out of MNPS, they end up at LaVergne.

That sounds right or at least it used to be that way and it's very wrong and unfair for metro to ship their worst delinquent thugs to LHS.  I'm not sure who it was at RCS that agreed to such an arrangement, but if it's still in place, it needs to end.  Let metro deal with their own.

How long do you think Hendersonville or Mt. Juliet would accept a deal like that?  

1 hour ago, nrgrizzlies said:

That sounds right or at least it used to be that way and it's very wrong and unfair for metro to ship their worst delinquent thugs to LHS.  I'm not sure who it was at RCS that agreed to such an arrangement, but if it's still in place, it needs to end.  Let metro deal with their own.

How long do you think Hendersonville or Mt. Juliet would accept a deal like that?  

Hendersonville does not.  Sumner has cracked down on out of county students.