Houston vs Waverly

vandyfan1

20 minutes ago, @38320 said:

I can tell some of the HC posters are newbies. You boys better clean up the trash or you will have your first ever hot topic board cancelled. Wavo is liable to pull up there in those green hills and put and old country whooping on you anyway. They might have had some bumps this year, but they have several boys from the last two region champion teams that know how to finish a region off. I'm just saying...................

Hey all the line and r 2 tbs and qb have won this region the last 3 years they ready to make it 4 in a roll 

First time poster, long time follower of this page. Waverly and Houston county have been playing each other since 1871 in one of the biggest rivalries in Tennessee. Waverly has been good recently, but what happened to that coach they had? Says a lot about a program to have their coach walk out for a .500 westview team. I agree with what Feared Eagle has been saying, ever since I graduated in 1978 Waverly has been a basketball school and Erin will show them where the football field is Friday night! The 6 RB for Erin will run all over Waverly defense and stomp on them in the fourth quarter. The only thing I remember waverly for is heading to the beach and Loretta Lynn, but the beach nor the singer are going to be able to stop the pounding the Irish will put on weakling waverly Friday night!!

2 minutes ago, Watertrough7 said:

First time poster, long time follower of this page. Waverly and Houston county have been playing each other since 1871 in one of the biggest rivalries in Tennessee. Waverly has been good recently, but what happened to that coach they had? Says a lot about a program to have their coach walk out for a .500 westview team. I agree with what Feared Eagle has been saying, ever since I graduated in 1978 Waverly has been a basketball school and Erin will show them where the football field is Friday night! The 6 RB for Erin will run all over Waverly defense and stomp on them in the fourth quarter. The only thing I remember waverly for is heading to the beach and Loretta Lynn, but the beach nor the singer are going to be able to stop the pounding the Irish will put on weakling waverly Friday night!!

I cant wait to see it.  

2 minutes ago, Watertrough7 said:

This is probably the best post for Houston County! Where have been hiding at my dude? We will find out soon enough! If you graduated in 78 a yr before I was born by the way then you know how good Waverly was in the late 80s and early 90s. We can also play some b-ball also. The only way your #6 is going to run is East to West. He will not run up the middle on us!

42 minutes ago, Watertrough7 said:

McConnell left for a d1 qb. He chased talent. I don’t think that says anything about waverly it says more about him

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, @38320 said:

I thought Houston Co. biggest rival was the "Stert" Co. Rebels. Sounds like they are trying to hate on Wavo a little more now. We will see what they have this week for sure. 

Lol!!! Sturrrrrrrdtt. You know I was thinking earlier. I wonder what the total record is here. We played some real good ball before the 2000’s. Fell off a bit and are hopefully getting it back..

Just going to be honest with the HC posters on here... I was very impressed with the progress your team has made in the last calendar year, and was happy for the Houston County fans to finally have a solid team to root for. I'm sure that the Irish have improved since the Scotts Hill game, but let's keep it real here... the score at halftime was 13-7 after we gave y'all a gift and threw an out route pass to the corner at our twenty five. I knew before the QB released the ball that it was a pick six if he pulled the trigger. The bottom line is, we're just not nearly at the level where a team of the caliber that the Irish posters portray them to be would struggle with us, and you did until our lack of depth showed in the fourth. Be proud of your kids and support them with all your heart, but a little humility would serve you well until you play the elite level of teams in our classification. Houston Co. is coming into their own at a great time... the entire western side of the state is down save Trenton Peabody, and a "decent" team only has to get better at the same rate as everyone else. In the recent past, there was a long list of western division teams that were at Peabody's level, that you had to deal with to even get into the post season. Adamsville, TCA, Union City, McKenzie, Lewis Co., Riverside, Trenton, Waverly, and even my Lions (SH) were formidable opponents, and they're just not there at the same level right now. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but just give it a break with the championship talk until you know where you stand.

• Upvote 4

• CoachT locked this topic