South Pittsburg vs Copper Basin

TheCommander

6 hours ago, powerp said:

Without a doubt. I'm just being honest. Don't look at your record look at your wins over crappy teams. Off our schedule, Meigs, Sequatchie, and Huntland would have gave you all defeats. Not knocking CB. However, we are ten times better than the Central team y'all just lost to.

Powerp you are getting real cocky now since Grider beat that Fitzgerald man.  Did you not hear Grider on that main event mans show? He said those copper basin boys were real good.  You think im joking but im not. 

9 hours ago, powerp said:

Without a doubt. I'm just being honest. Don't look at your record look at your wins over crappy teams. Off our schedule, Meigs, Sequatchie, and Huntland would have gave you all defeats. Not knocking CB. However, we are ten times better than the Central team y'all just lost to.

I also believe if we played huntland or sequatchie both of them would be good ball games.

10 hours ago, TheCommander said:

I know we lost last night but we should’ve won by three touchdowns just a few unfortunate prevented them from pulling it off last night. You are right with the fact that South Pitt has played a much tougher schedule. Y’all are an amazing team but I just do not think it will be a mercy rule. Right now I’m favoring the pirates but I don’t think it will be by mercy. I honestly don’t.

Old Pirate says Cougar fans need to overlook several SP fans that routinely yap about mercy rule mess. OP says the mercy rule is jest a way fer the usual terrible officials to make extra money fer time spent while eliminating young players playing time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says Cougar fans need to overlook several SP fans that routinely yap about mercy rule mess. OP says the mercy rule is jest a way fer the usual terrible officials to make extra money fer time spent while eliminating young players playing time. 

I have often thought the same thing.Less time for the young kids doesnt do much good for the game.Although ive seen games where the starters played the whole game in a complete blowout.Pigeon Forge comes to mind we had a 35 point lead after the half and the two coaches agreed on the next score play the 2s and 3s.We sent the reserves in for kO team PF still varsity got a great return,sent in JV D,PF varsity O scored next play.We kept JV in till it was 27 to 42 the put starters back in.So i can also see the running clock benefit.

5 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Powerp you are getting real cocky now since Grider beat that Fitzgerald man.  Did you not hear Grider on that main event mans show? He said those copper basin boys were real good.  You think im joking but im not. 

Yeah every one from the pan is ready for The Beach Boys to come and entertain us with a great game

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

I have often thought the same thing.Less time for the young kids doesnt do much good for the game.Although ive seen games where the starters played the whole game in a complete blowout.Pigeon Forge comes to mind we had a 35 point lead after the half and the two coaches agreed on the next score play the 2s and 3s.We sent the reserves in for kO team PF still varsity got a great return,sent in JV D,PF varsity O scored next play.We kept JV in till it was 27 to 42 the put starters back in.So i can also see the running clock benefit.

Does any other surrounding states have mercy rule? OP ain’t heard of any

1 hour ago, TheCommander said:

Like I said I know it didn’t happen but Basin should’ve beat central atleast 20-6 got inside the five and didn’t punch it in, then central got the ball and scored and tied it up to send it to overtime. 

Having the game in Copper Hill will be an advantage.  However, it is 3 games out for SP and not of immediate concern.  Its Tygger time.

6 hours ago, TheCommander said:

I also believe if we played huntland or sequatchie both of them would be good ball games.

Like I said, y'all have had a good year. Scheduling helps a lot with that. But let's be real, Whitwell scored 27 against you all....a team that Sale Creek held to 97 total yards I believe. Yikes! I think y'all will make it to the second round and that's a huge accomplishment considering last year. A lot of football left to play.