Gallatin @ Beech

Bump11

I just saw a college game last week and a member of the kickoff team cut a blocker and it was called.  Heard a coach at a meeting tell all in attendance that the opponent ran the counter trey/sweep and they have told their DE's to squeeze and cut the lead puller.

Have not always seen it called by dang sure have heard it mentioned to officials.  

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

By rule, technically he is right about the cutting.  Did his DE ever do that against Hville when we ran a buck sweep, yes they did.  Has Hville ever committed a foul that wasn’t called, yes.  Never seen cutting called and don’t expect it to be called now. Lot of coach speak in my opinion.  

It obviously bothered him to mention it when nothing was ever called.  We have all seen calls that we think should have been called against our own and opposing teams.  To me it showed that our defensive coaches were getting to him.  

5 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

It obviously bothered him to mention it when nothing was ever called.  We have all seen calls that we think should have been called against our own and opposing teams.  To me it showed that our defensive coaches were getting to him.  

If there’s a rematch I bet it gets called...

40 minutes ago, eers said:

Agreed, that’s why I said IF. Page and Shelbyville are definitely going to be tough outs and I wouldn’t sleep on Summit. Whoever comes out of Regions 5/6 will be tested for sure. 

Personally, If Shelbyville is healthy, I think Gallatin got an easier road.  Shelbyville, in my opinion, is playing some really good ball right now.  

14 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

I really do hope for this rematch. I like our chances. Some good teams stand in the way though. As far as cutting....really? How often do you see that called? It simply comes off sour to me, especially for a team who had less penalties than Gallatin, at that. 

I’ve seen it called against other teams that were chopping Beech’s fullback. 

1 hour ago, tandem said:

I’ve seen it called against other teams that were chopping Beech’s fullback. 

Personally, I am not really worried about it.  If it was done or not.  Hard to say.  2 mistakes separated these teams, a penalty after the stop deep and the turnover.  These teams are pretty even.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/22/2019 at 2:47 PM, thegreatone36 said:

Crazy for him to think these 2 teams wouldn't be towards the top at 6A this year. Either way who cares. Both teams are good enough to play whoever. Gallatin did get 2 qtrs in against the best 6A team in Oakland FWIW

I guess i was wrong. As it turns out this game was just for county bragging rights in 5A as well. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BoomKing2006 said:

I guess i was wrong. As it turns out this game was just for county bragging rights in 5A as well. 

Man do people want so badly to hate on these two programs. They got beat. It happens. But still doesn't change that they were both good teams. Gallatin handled Hendersonville worse than big bad 6A Boro Blackman just did Friday. G also beat MJ, who just gave Oakland their closest game of the year. Your point was these teams can't play 6A ball. (Lol) I think what these past two weeks have shown, is not only can Gallatin and Beech play with 6A, but so can Summit and Shelbyville...