Gallatin @ Beech

Bump11

6 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

Y'all have a solid team over there. Only thing missing is a passing game, to keep defenses from stacking the line on #6. 

Backup QB has thrown for over 200 yards in the past two games.  I think they limited him even more seeing that #1 and #3 are both hurt. If he goes down you go to #4 on the depth chart.  Starting QB throws the ball really well.  I think they really limited the play book last night and hand it to Beech they tackled well when they needed too.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, eers said:

Good game tonight. I still don’t think we’ve seen the best Beech can play, all year and if they hold true to past form, they will continue to get better as the playoffs go on. After tonight I also believe Henry County has the best running game Beech has seen and is the best all around team Beech has played. Don’t take that as disrespect, they may be  the best team in 5A. 

I like Region 6 against Region 5, but Page and Shelbyville are both solid and throw the ball well (which is always a wildcard in high school football). There could be a rematch of tonight’s game, but I wouldn’t count out either of those Region 5 teams. 

I am not really unhappy about this loss.  I think Gallatin showed that they are capable of playing with the best in the state.  Beech played really well and their defense was better than they showed on film.  I know Gallatin was limited somewhat and I the Wave made several very correctable mistakes that could sway a ball game.  Gallatin’s staff has the opportunity to fix some mistakes and the players can learn from this game to get better about doing the little things.  Beech played very well and their running game is no joke yet even so they only got 14 points.  Wave defense gave up some ground but I would like another shot at them.  
One reason that I do not mind so much the loss is exactly what you alluded to.  I have seen Shelbyville and they are big and fast.  I do not know how Page beat them.  That second round pairing will be a tough out for either of us.  I have watched some on that other region and I think Shelbyville and the way they are playing is a much tougher road.  

8 hours ago, eers said:

Good game tonight. I still don’t think we’ve seen the best Beech can play, all year and if they hold true to past form, they will continue to get better as the playoffs go on. After tonight I also believe Henry County has the best running game Beech has seen and is the best all around team Beech has played. Don’t take that as disrespect, they may be  the best team in 5A. 

I like Region 6 against Region 5, but Page and Shelbyville are both solid and throw the ball well (which is always a wildcard in high school football). There could be a rematch of tonight’s game, but I wouldn’t count out either of those Region 5 teams. 

Eers, Briggs is a beast but I agree with you abt HC having the best "running game" that Beech has seen this yr. And if I'm not mistaken, HC's best RB was out when yall played them earlier this yr. I havent seen Page or Shelbyville this yr, but I've saw Gallatin 2x, Beech 2x and HC once. All 3 of these teams have a chance to be playing after Thanksgiving just bc they can all run the ball and play good D. And anyone who knows football, knows that these 2 things travel well, especially in cold/wet conditions late in the season.