Gallatin @ Beech

Bump11

Didn't want to fight the crowd and traffic, so I listened on the radio. Sounds like a great game. Two plays probably changed the outcome in my opinion. The offside right before half and the fumbled punt return. Both led to Beech scores. It will make for a special rematch if they both make it that far. Good luck to both teams. 

2 hours ago, tandem said:

Glad they got to see what they’re missing out on. 

^^^ This!

Maybe they will realize what real community is and what a football game that means something is like. At JP2 they will never play for a championship of any kind... unless Butch Jones takes “champions of life” to the HS level. At JP2 they will never play in an atmosphere like that. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Got to hand to Crabtree and Beech. They're never the biggest, fastest, most talented or flashy, but they just continue to rack up wins 

Averaging over 9 wins per year over the last 10 years... One less playoff win over that period than Hendersonville, SC, Gallatin and JP2... combined.  Yeah, they’re doing something right. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

^^^ This!

Maybe they will realize what real community is and what a football game that means something is like. At JP2 they will never play for a championship of any kind... unless Butch Jones takes “champions of life” to the HS level. At JP2 they will never play in an atmosphere like that. 

Eers - you have made it well known on other threads that you think anybody that chooses to play football at at JP2 has made a silly decision (your words nearly verbatim). I am not going to argue with you again why a family or kid might find JP2 attractive, just as it might not be a good fit for others. I happen to enjoy choices.

I enjoy high school athletics and good competition regardless of the school, region, district, etc. And this coming from a dad whose kids do not even play football. My preference would be to read and discuss the tremendous environment at Beech last night and the spirited game the 2 teams played.

Back to the game...IMO the game was not the cleanest however at times the moment and pressure can cause that. A 2nd game would be a real treat and one I am sure that the players from sides will welcome.

On 10/24/2019 at 8:34 PM, JacketLover said:

I’m listening to the Gallatin broadcast on WHIN. Haven’t been able to do that in a while but can since the game is on Thursday. These Wave announcers are fans for sure. It makes me miss Springfield having games on radio. Pulling for the Wave tonight, they’re leading 10-7 right now. 

It was special when the Jackets games were on the radio

1 hour ago, JRB said:

Eers - you have made it well known on other threads that you think anybody that chooses to play football at at JP2 has made a silly decision (your words nearly verbatim). I am not going to argue with you again why a family or kid might find JP2 attractive, just as it might not be a good fit for others. I happen to enjoy choices.

I enjoy high school athletics and good competition regardless of the school, region, district, etc. And this coming from a dad whose kids do not even play football. My preference would be to read and discuss the tremendous environment at Beech last night and the spirited game the 2 teams played.

Back to the game...IMO the game was not the cleanest however at times the moment and pressure can cause that. A 2nd game would be a real treat and one I am sure that the players from sides will welcome.

Understand no one at any of the Sumner County schools care for the practices of JP2... its not just me. I stand behind it being silly to leave schools that create atmospheres such as the one last night to go somewhere they will never experience that. If they go for non-football or athletic reasons that is completely different. 

Anyway, go Bucs!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eers said:

Understand no one at any of the Sumner County schools care for the practices of JP2... its not just me. I stand behind it being silly to leave schools that create atmospheres such as the one last night to go somewhere they will never experience that. If they go for non-football or athletic reasons that is completely different. 

Anyway, go Bucs!

I agree.  Except the go Bucs part!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eers said:

You can say “Go Bucs!”.  Try it.  It will just roll of your tongue after a couple times. 

:lol:

6 minutes ago, eers said:

You can say “Go Bucs!”.  Try it.  It will just roll of your tongue after a couple times. 

:lol:

Naw, you guys relish being the underdog too much. Being the media darling isn't a good look for Beech