Gallatin @ Beech

Bump11

My takes on the game: GREAT Turnout on a Thursday night. Packed full everywhere you could see all the way around. Lots of Green and Gold. Both teams have a LOT to clean up IMO before they hit the playoffs. For Gallatin it's penalties, (haven't said that all year) and either getting this 2nd string qb prepared to throw the ball with a little more success, or hope that QB1 is ready to go come playoff time. Receivers need to help out some as well with the drops. Defense played good overall tonight, need to clean up tackling and bring the guy down on first impact. 

For Beech, they will also have to find a passing game. It is going to bite them soon IMO. They have been the beneficiary of fumbled, and blocked punts against both HHS & now GHS (fumble). While that is a nice special teams play, I feel that they don't need to depend on something like that happening in every close game. 

Finally, why has Gallatin gone from kicking touchbacks nearly every time, to randomly doing Squibb kicks tonight giving Beech the ball close to the 40 every possession?? Make them EARN it. Offensive line killed any momentum Briggs was building for them on offense every time they jumped offsides. Clean it up.

How about Gallatin jumping offsides right before halftime when Beech was attempting a Field Goal to tie it 3-3 around the 5 yd line? Ended up being a 1st down & then a TD. 7-3 @ half. Thats the stuff that HAS to get cleaned up.

Lastly, 

GO GREEN WAVE

Edited by thegreatone36

If you would have told me 9-1 (Glencliff pending) I would have jumped on it!!  No shame in losing this game to a really good Beech team.  Gallatin did have some untimely penalties and the one turnover that really hurt.  Beech had the best stable of running backs Gallatin has seen all year.  Lots more to say about this game later but I just got home.  

Beech congratulations on a great game and atmosphere!!  Place was packed by both fanbases.  It was a great night, Gallatin just came up a little short but I do not think the Wave are done.  

What an incredible atmosphere tonight. I'd love to see a total on the number of people in attendance. Hats off to the Bucs. They execute their offense very well. The hurry up robs the defense of a chance to sub and it's hard to stop. In a game like this, there is very little margin of error. Unfortunately even the slightest of errors caused the Wave to come up just short. I would love to see these two meet again down the road!

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Didnt play clean enough to beat a good team. Fumbled a punt return at Beech's 40 yd line, which ended up resulting in their final TD. Multiple penalties in big time situations. Haven't had that many penalties all year. But, Beech played good enough to get the win, 14-10 Good job Bucs

Yeah that fumble hurt y'all big time!!!

34 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

If you would have told me 9-1 (Glencliff pending) I would have jumped on it!!  No shame in losing this game to a really good Beech team.  Gallatin did have some untimely penalties and the one turnover that really hurt.  Beech had the best stable of running backs Gallatin has seen all year.  Lots more to say about this game later but I just got home.  

Beech congratulations on a great game and atmosphere!!  Place was packed by both fanbases.  It was a great night, Gallatin just came up a little short but I do not think the Wave are done.  

Y'all have a solid team over there. Only thing missing is a passing game, to keep defenses from stacking the line on #6. 

Good game tonight. I still don’t think we’ve seen the best Beech can play, all year and if they hold true to past form, they will continue to get better as the playoffs go on. After tonight I also believe Henry County has the best running game Beech has seen and is the best all around team Beech has played. Don’t take that as disrespect, they may be  the best team in 5A. 

I like Region 6 against Region 5, but Page and Shelbyville are both solid and throw the ball well (which is always a wildcard in high school football). There could be a rematch of tonight’s game, but I wouldn’t count out either of those Region 5 teams.