Gallatin @ Beech

Bump11

9 hours ago, eers said:

Good game tonight. I still don’t think we’ve seen the best Beech can play, all year and if they hold true to past form, they will continue to get better as the playoffs go on. After tonight I also believe Henry County has the best running game Beech has seen and is the best all around team Beech has played. Don’t take that as disrespect, they may be  the best team in 5A. 

I like Region 6 against Region 5, but Page and Shelbyville are both solid and throw the ball well (which is always a wildcard in high school football). There could be a rematch of tonight’s game, but I wouldn’t count out either of those Region 5 teams. 

Sumner County should be proud of the product on the field and the support from both communities in the stands. That’s what high school football should be.  

If you were a fan of the forward pass you probably left that game with a headache. But for my money you couldn’t watch a more exciting, hard nosed game. Two really good teams that are obviously among the best in 5A. I was pleasantly surprised that Beech's offense was able to move the ball as well as they did against Gallatin’s D. It was by far the best performance the Beech O has had all year, even though they only scored 2 td’s. Beech’s depth at running back is the strength of their offense.  I was very impressed with Gallatin’s LB’s. They were big, fast and physical. Beech’s D continues to play well and I thought overall did a pretty good job against Briggs. He’s the real deal. 

Lots of work to do for both teams in the next month, but let’s hope we get to do it again a month from today. Hard to imagine but that would be an even bigger game than last night. 

Edited by tandem

28 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Last night was a special night if you went and watched it.  Not many teams can say they played in front of that kind of crowd.  Both fanbases really showed up last night.   I know several other fans from other teams were there too, it was obvious from the colors.  

Any reliable info - beyond speculation - on the attendance last night?

47 minutes ago, wave88 said:

I believe it.  What a great game.  Both communities will be talking about this game for years.  I was happy to see such a huge crowd for a High School football game.

Wouldn't expect anything less from the Gallatin community

Edited by WingT08

3 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

I don't know where he got his numbers, but if this accurate it's very surprising. I figured higher, i've seen higher on the creekbank. I was guessing around 8k. I was in the endzone by the scoreboard and it was crammed full of people all the way around. 

I highly doubt there has been over 8K for a game on the creekbank but I will have to check with my buddy Bruce.

On 10/23/2019 at 2:07 PM, WingT08 said:

you might see my friend @BruceColetrain there in is purple TC shirt and Power T orange hat. He hasn't had internet in the trailer park lately after a storm on the creek bank. 

Its been a long month without my dern intranet again. Gonna have to get after netscape. I didnt get to go but i listened on the radio.