CENTRAL @ SOUTH DOYLE

dawgs82

4 minutes ago, knoxfan28 said:

Statistically. TSSAA reports all points for and against. In their 21 game win streak they had the least points against them. Centrals DBs are far better than Powell’s. Fortner is better than Colton Webb. Now Powell’s Dline and LBs are better than centrals but how healthy is #44 for Powell? They eventually figured it out against Oak Ridge but you could tell Powell just scrambling trying to figure out ways to stop oak ridge running game because big #55 couldn’t squeeze to save his life. 

Good reply. This season both Powell and Central have allowed 113 points each. I think they’re a little closer than most will give credit for. Still doesn’t bode well for Powell considering what EY did to Central. Lol.  I also think Powell came out very flat against Oak Ridge after the big West game. Should be a good one to watch and anything can happen. Can’t wait to see it

1 minute ago, KnoxPhoto said:

Good reply. This season both Powell and Central have allowed 113 points each. I think they’re a little closer than most will give credit for. Still doesn’t bode well for Powell considering what EY did to Central. Lol.  I also think Powell came out very flat against Oak Ridge after the big West game. Should be a good one to watch and anything can happen. Can’t wait to see it

I'm hoping both sides don't decide to rest a bunch of players for the playoffs but who knows. Should be a good battle. 

1 hour ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Wether anyone wants to admit it or not, the weather was the deciding factor in that game last night. We are a passing team this year and anyone watching could see neither team had a chance at throwing in that monsoon last night. Not to mention we had a very hard time holding onto the ball when we are usually sure handed. With that being said, SD had a smart gameplan. Why not just snap the ball to 1 guy and let him run downhill for at minimum 3-4 yards a carry? And when you got a guy as good as Young, he’s gonna eventually pop a big one or two. It was the perfect storm, literally, for SD last night. If both teams play again, it WILL be a different story.

Really???

It only rained on one side of the field and I guess only one team had access to the weather reports. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ObserverSD said:

Really???

It only rained on one side of the field and I guess only one team had access to the weather reports. 

If the weather didn’t matter then why didn’t SD try a pass? My point, NETHER team had the ability to pass the ball. So like I said, if you’d listened the first time, SD had a good plan to just give Young the ball and let him run downhill. And when you have a player that good, he’s gonna pop some big runs eventually which he did. Don’t worry, if we play again we WILL DEFINITELY score more than 10 points and my point will be proven. 

Edited by chsbobcat09

5 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

im a central fan. why would I wish that? Lol

Why would you come with a negative comment like you made? Every team will have a bad game at some point. No reason to suggest possibly not getting past the first round because of one loss. Keep the faith!

5 hours ago, madhatter2269 said:

also, 2 years ago central and SD were both 7-6 going into that matchup into the playoffs. SD is years better than that team years ago, and that really doesn’t matter anyways. im a bigger central fan than most, but their schedule was absolutely weak leading up to this game. their best win to date I guess is halls? I hate to say it but unless something weird happens Powell will represent the East. scheduling Greeneville and AC has helped them wonders. I also don’t see how you can say gibbs or halls or even Seymour could travel in round 1 and beat TN high. just bc this team won state a year ago does not mean they will this year. gotta put down the koolaid at some point. 

Just trying to stay positive!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Wether anyone wants to admit it or not, the weather was the deciding factor in that game last night. We are a passing team this year and anyone watching could see neither team had a chance at throwing in that monsoon last night. Not to mention we had a very hard time holding onto the ball when we are usually sure handed. With that being said, SD had a smart gameplan. Why not just snap the ball to 1 guy and let him run downhill for at minimum 3-4 yards a carry? And when you got a guy as good as Young, he’s gonna eventually pop a big one or two. It was the perfect storm, literally, for SD last night. If both teams play again, it WILL be a different story.

I tend to agree a bit. Teams that pass alot and with spcecial teams the weather can play a factor. It's is however good to always have a backup plan. Our first game with Clinton thia year the rain pouring and we only came out with 26-0 but again we were criticized by many saying we were not good enough. It pays to mount a good running game especially to be ready for play-off weather. And we too have fallen victim to inclement weather in past years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I tend to agree a bit. Teams that pass alot and with spcecial teams the weather can play a factor. It's is however good to always have a backup plan. Our first game with Clinton thia year the rain pouring and we only came out with 26-0 but again we were criticized by many saying we were not good enough. It pays to mount a good running game especially to be ready for play-off weather. And we too have fallen victim to inclement weather in past years.

Well said, I mean it’s not that we don’t have the ability to run the ball we do. However, we had ball security issues(as I’m sure a lot of teams did last night) and if ya can’t pass and your fumbling the ball around you can’t score and that’s what happened. Say it’s a clear night, do we fumble 7-8 times like we did, Absolutely not. Do we have the ability to throw and complete passes, yes. Facts are it would’ve been a totally different ball game. If both teams make it that far, everyone will see.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

Well said, I mean it’s not that we don’t have the ability to run the ball we do. However, we had ball security issues(as I’m sure a lot of teams did last night) and if ya can’t pass and your fumbling the ball around you can’t score and that’s what happened. Say it’s a clear night, do we fumble 7-8 times like we did, Absolutely not. Do we have the ability to throw and complete passes, yes. Facts are it would’ve been a totally different ball game. If both teams make it that far, everyone will see.

Looks like a rematch with Crockett in the first round of playoffs.

• Like 1