Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

3 minutes ago, LetMeHearYA said:

If this is the definition, I agree with you, they are screwed. 

Can someone tell me if I am wrong on this. Of they would have went ahead with the appeal, that appeal would have been heard by a board made up from personal from the member schools. 1 representatives from each region correct? Basically, a panel of your peers?

The BOC would have heard the appeal.   Any Board of Control member with an affiliation to Fayetteville would have to recuse themselves.  This is my understanding. 

5 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Only thing I can hypothesize is 'Chilly' went on the information that was provided by the school, that the bona fide change of address was inside Fayetteville's territory.   Upon further review it is not.

I would assume they have to provide addresses, etc, not just say in essence, he's good.  I think I've heard reference to transfer forms (in general) having addresses and real detail on them.   

Get back to the timeline of all of this...September 6th they receive a letter stating the kid is able to play written by the DIRECTOR who is the only person who can make that call from I have read here.  Weeks and several games go by during which time another complaint about the same kid has been made while that Director is on a medical leave.  I do not believe that Fayetteville was notified about the re-opening of the investigation which, by what I have read here, can only be done by the Director.  During this same period, an official told an opposing team basically don't worry about losing because they are going to pull their wins at a later date.  I read that here the day after the game.  How would an official know that?  How long after the second complaint before the ruling came down to pull their wins?  Did the loose lip official speak on it between the complaint and the reversal of the directors decision that he could play?  If so, then I would say it was planned to wait until the end of the season to pull their games.  It would also make me unsure if I was going to get a fair shake at the appeal.  Especially if the director is not going to be involved since he is still on leave I suppose.  Lots of rumors floating around down here about who got this started.  My question is who can make a complaint to the tssaa?  Does it have to come from a member school or can anyone?  I would assume only member schools.  If anyone could they would constantly be investigating something.  I just wonder if the second go around was from a member school or an individual and they re-opened because who that individual pulls strings.  Surely the guy that is not the director that re-opened this didn't do so off of an individuals complaint.  None of this sits right with me!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

I have one question that is a little off topic from the court discussion but still related:

I have not seen fayetteville play this season or last season.

last season fayetteville was 1-9 with several lopsided loses.  This year they are 9-0.    Did the kid in question make that big of a difference?  or were they going to be good this year anyway?

This player is not their only transfer.

Edited by hammerhound
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 93grad said:

Get back to the timeline of all of this...September 6th they receive a letter stating the kid is able to play written by the DIRECTOR who is the only person who can make that call from I have read here.  Weeks and several games go by during which time another complaint about the same kid has been made while that Director is on a medical leave.  I do not believe that Fayetteville was notified about the re-opening of the investigation which, by what I have read here, can only be done by the Director.  During this same period, an official told an opposing team basically don't worry about losing because they are going to pull their wins at a later date.  I read that here the day after the game.  How would an official know that?  How long after the second complaint before the ruling came down to pull their wins?  Did the loose lip official speak on it between the complaint and the reversal of the directors decision that he could play?  If so, then I would say it was planned to wait until the end of the season to pull their games.  It would also make me unsure if I was going to get a fair shake at the appeal.  Especially if the director is not going to be involved since he is still on leave I suppose.  Lots of rumors floating around down here about who got this started.  My question is who can make a complaint to the tssaa?  Does it have to come from a member school or can anyone?  I would assume only member schools.  If anyone could they would constantly be investigating something.  I just wonder if the second go around was from a member school or an individual and they re-opened because who that individual pulls strings.  Surely the guy that is not the director that re-opened this didn't do so off of an individuals complaint.  None of this sits right with me!

was there a complaint and and investigation prior to the sept. 6 letter or was that letter a result of the online transfer student eligibility form that the school is required to submit for all transfers?

16 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

TSSAA has never lost a case of this type that I can recall.    Fayetteville would do themselves and everyone else a favor by dropping the restraining order and let us all move on to the 2019 playoffs with the teams the TSSAA has determined has qualified for such. 

the most likely outcome of this is that the winner of the Mcewen/Huntland game in round 1 gets a bye into the 3rd round to face Huntingdon. 

of course that is assuming there are not a couple of upsets in region 6 this week.  

Edited by Crock1615

3 minutes ago, Crock1615 said:

was there a complaint and and investigation prior to the sept. 6 letter or was that letter a result of the online transfer student eligibility form that the school is required to submit for all transfers?

I would say after a complaint.  It is dated the 6th of September which is a game or two into the season.  Seems like they would have gotten an answer on his eligibility form prior to September.  Wouldn't they?

Since this is apparently a very hot topic, how about one of you football gurus that know the TSSAA rules help me out with a question! 
 Does the TSSAA just pick certain rules and by laws to enforce on certain schools or players? 
 I mean, what’s the TSSAA rule on a current player attending and playing in a televised type all star or MVP game? This whole Fayetteville ordeal has me wondering...