Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

21 minutes ago, PullinGuard said:

Where are you seeing the playoff info?  I've seen the Nov 13 date, but not so sure that's accurate.  It could be, but that is also the very last day it could be held, I think (15 days after yesterday).  So, I wonder if that's for sure the date or just the outer limit.

Looking at the TSSAA website under football then football standings and then playoff possibilities.  Class 1A Region 5 is excluded. 

https://tssaasports.com/sports/football/possibilities.cfm

Football standings Class 1A Region 5 is also excluded.

https://tssaasports.com/sports/standings/

Edit:  And will be until the Fayetteville issue is resolved. 

Edited by Southtowner

@PullinGuard,  Signal Mountain went through something similar back in Oct 2011.  I was trying to locate the topic on the issue but can't find it.  Maybe @CoachT knows where the topic is?  It could have been deleted.  @MountainTroll can fill you in on his frustrations.   Not to rehash an old topic but it was interesting reading. 

The article I read made it seem as if Childress deemed the player eligible and then it stated that Childress was on medical leave. Menees deemed the player ineligible. It said that the rules state that Childress is the person who has to deem a player ineligible or eligible. The article also said there isn’t a clause that says how the power should be delegated when Childress is out. So it seemed to me their problem was that by the rules menees can’t deem a player ineligible or eligible 

• Like 1