Fayetteville to forfeit 6 wins

MidTennFootball

6 hours ago, Southtowner said:

@PullinGuard,  Signal Mountain went through something similar back in Oct 2011.  I was trying to locate the topic on the issue but can't find it.  Maybe @CoachT knows where the topic is?  It could have been deleted.  @MountainTroll can fill you in on his frustrations.   Not to rehash an old topic but it was interesting reading. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dawgswin said:

Since Fayetteville City has a restraining order on the TSSAA does that mean they get to keep all the gate money round 1 when they host? 

I believe they are going to need it.Im sure the TSSAA is going to carry this farther than the local courts which I'm hoping the Fayetteville school board has a  million to spend

18 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I believe they are going to need it.Im sure the TSSAA is going to carry this farther than the local courts which I'm hoping the Fayetteville school board has a  million to spend

I'm sure they will drop it after they get put out of the playoffs. This is just so they can play in the playoffs and they know it will stay tied up in the courts throughout the playoffs.

Just an outsiders opinion if Fayetteville gets in and wins a first round game and then gets disqualified then they should not be allowed in playoffs for next 2 years, totally unacceptable, Tssaa needs to make a ruling ASAP either they are in for good or they are disqualified you can’t let a judge from that area determine that teams fate of course he’s going to be bias, this will be a major problem if they don’t fix it, that’s all.

48 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

Since Fayetteville City has a restraining order on the TSSAA does that mean they get to keep all the gate money round 1 when they host? 

They'll have to repay everything.    TSSAA gets half the gate. 

I would suppose whoever the school is that doesn't make the playoffs would have a legitimate case to their share of the other half. 

And then there is the concession money gained.  If Fayetteville is allowed to host a playoff game then that will result in the legitimate 2 seed becoming a 3 seed then forcing them to travel.  That school will be out traveling expenses and by not hosting as the 2 seed will miss out on concessions money.

Idk this to be fact but how can you really overlook it?  And pretend it doesn't matter?